Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Wedding Gifts  (Read 41849 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49:58 PM »

Joachim & Marie just received a "helicopter" as a gift from Bel Air of Holsted.  This should come in handy--wonder who will pilot it ??  Does Joachim have a pilots license............oh well, their is always Winston & Apple Champagne Champagne
Bystander

Gigantic Member

Monaco's social elite are jealous of me

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »

Joachim & Marie just received a "helicopter" as a gift from Bel Air of Holsted.  This should come in handy--wonder who will pilot it ??  Does Joachim have a pilots license............oh well, their is always Winston & Apple Champagne Champagne
Was the actual helicopter the gift or the RIDE in the helicopter?  I wasn't sure based on the article. Based on the title, I thought it was the actual helicopter, but then after reading the article, I thought perhaps it was the RIDE in the helicopter. 

Monaco's fairytale love story: post-engagement

PPDA: And this was the woman whom you needed?
Albert: I think...
Reporter: "Is Charlene Wittstock your soulmate?"
Albert: "I don't know if she is ...I don't know yet.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 01:57:55 AM »

Regardless I would just love one ---  how much is a Pilot, fuel, and maintenance going to cost me?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??
Oh well, Hubby will probably say No No No to that little "gift".

Hubby is very sweet and generous, however I don't think this would be in our weekly budget
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »

They also received from the town a new Terrace and new outdoor Benches.
episcogal

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:39 AM »

I know there is some sensitivity to bringing up old threads, but as this is a general one, I thought it may be appropriate. Does anyone have information on gifts received by Victoria and Daniel, Katherine and William or (of more interest to me) Stephanie and Guillaume?

Many thanks!  Champagne
episcogal

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:44 AM »

I wanted to add this question. I was going to start this thread but founf this already started. But, my REAL question is

What do royals typically give to other royals? Does anybody know if Daisy is a cheapo or perhaps gives a piece of her own art? I thought I had seen before that the Saudis gives some pretty outstanding gifts. Can anybody expound on this topic?

Many thanks!  Blush
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 08:00:16 AM »

I know there is some sensitivity to bringing up old threads, but as this is a general one, I thought it may be appropriate. Does anyone have information on gifts received by Victoria and Daniel, Katherine and William or (of more interest to me) Stephanie and Guillaume?

Many thanks!  Champagne

I know that when Chales and Camilla got married, Australia's then prime minster, John Howard gave them a Fred Williams painting. On behalf of Australia. Not a wedding gift, but I also know. That when Christian was born. John Howard gave Mary and Fred a first edition copy of May Gibb's book, Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. Also of behalf of Australia.

It's important to note, that John Howard is a die hard monarchist, so he would have been quiet generous in giving gifts to royals.

I am sure William and Kate would have been many gifts, from commonwealth countries. But I am not sure what they were.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 01:23:24 AM »

William received two lengths of the finest Australian wool suiting fabric donated from more than 200 of our best fine wool producers.
The farmers, through AWI (Australian Wool Innovation), had 100 metres of charcoal cloth woven from the special bales of wool.  This was enough for twelve suits.
After the two suit lengths were set aside for Prince William to make up into suits for himself the remaining ten suit lengths were auctioned.  $54,000 was raised and donated to the Royal Flying Doctor Service as a further wedding gift.  The Royal Flying Doctor Service, which provides medical access and service to people living in remote parts of Inland Australia, was one of the charities listed by William and Catherine on their choice of 'wedding gift donation'.
I reckon that was a cool gift.  Cool  
The farmers were chuffed as was the RFD.  AWI also learned a lot just by taking one bale of wool through the whole processing journey.  It gained quite a bit of publicity for wool.  As an Australian, I loved seeing pictures of the fabric.  

Talking about Mary and Fred receiving an erotic board game as a gift.
In the 1990s my cousin received one too, as a wedding gift.  Yikes
It was really sweet - it had cards with sensuous ideas that one spouse did for the other ... such as washing their hair, making a romantic picnic and other more intimate suggestions.  My cousin liked the gift.  I know that they play it, in private, on many occasions.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:35:23 AM by Cloaked » Logged
episcogal

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »

I have a suspicion that Queen Beatrix might give very nice gifts. Just going on my gut here.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 02:05:08 AM »

Well, Queen Bea might have a few sparkles to share. That would make a nice wedding present.
missymum

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 02:36:42 AM »

William received two lengths of the finest Australian wool suiting fabric donated from more than 200 of our best fine wool producers.
The farmers, through AWI (Australian Wool Innovation), had 100 metres of charcoal cloth woven from the special bales of wool.  This was enough for twelve suits.
After the two suit lengths were set aside for Prince William to make up into suits for himself the remaining ten suit lengths were auctioned.  $54,000 was raised and donated to the Royal Flying Doctor Service as a further wedding gift.  The Royal Flying Doctor Service, which provides medical access and service to people living in remote parts of Inland Australia, was one of the charities listed by William and Catherine on their choice of 'wedding gift donation'.
I reckon that was a cool gift.  Cool   
The farmers were chuffed as was the RFD.  AWI also learned a lot just by taking one bale of wool through the whole processing journey.  It gained quite a bit of publicity for wool.  As an Australian, I loved seeing pictures of the fabric. 

Talking about Mary and Fred receiving an erotic board game as a gift.
In the 1990s my cousin received one too, as a wedding gift.  Yikes
It was really sweet - it had cards with sensuous ideas that one spouse did for the other ... such as washing their hair, making a romantic picnic and other more intimate suggestions.  My cousin liked the gift.  I know that they play it, in private, on many occasions.  Roll Eyes

Dear Cloaked- I just want to say I am not having a personal dig, rant, "go" or downing your opinion. Please accept that I accept your personal opinion, but this is my personal opinion. I just feel the need to say this - Cloaked  Hug.
I actually think this kind oof syncophancy (re the wool donation) is disgusting. I hardly think any of the graziers (& lets face it the wool would come from the Squattocracy of Australia, not the everyday farmer who is killing him/herself to make ends meet (3 farms a day close in Australia - ok not all sheep properties, but still our lifeblood) would refuse or not act delighted-or if they did it would not be reported. Lets face it, it also gives these individuals great kudos and hundreds of dollars worth of free advertising!
Whilst these gift all stagger me, I find it obsene when people are starving in the world.
Having said that it is as much the fault of the governments who pander to these people & give them & treat them with entitlement.
However, I do feel there is some hope when I hear that some (including Kate & Wills) do donate for charity. Especially when it includes proceeds from the same wool gifted to them. (Again we must reme.mber though that the cost of just 2 pure wool suit lengths would be staggering for some people and beyond their wildest dreams, at least soemthing was given). Having said that; $54,000 would be a drop in the ocean in terms of the cost of keeping the flying doctor going - this probably wouldn't even buy the cost of a fully equipped medical helicopter. Ranting
Nevertheless, something was given to benefit others, unlike from Mary & Fred who seem the most selfish, aquistive individuals - not to mention rude that they don't even thank anyone for what they are given.
Anyways, sorry Cloaked once again - not "having a go" at you, just one of my pet rants.
Rant over (I'm ranting a lot these days , sorry everyone, if I'm getting boring, but I am passionate about caring for the welfare of others  Blush).
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 05:43:09 AM »

Star Banana Star Missymum 500 posts!!   Star Banana Star
                  Congratulations, keep them coming.

Dear Missymum,
I don't feel at all upset that you disagree with my opinion.  Thumb up
Part of the reason why I was proud of the 'gift' was that I am proud of our hard working farmers.  I like that the 'gift' was useful as well as exposing a great, but floundering, industry.
The Australian Wool Industry is going through quite a down turn actually, not many 'squatters' left here, so the advertizing was welcome.  The advertizing covered/benefited the whole sector, not just those who donated.  It's true that a number of farmers are not making ends meet but the focus on wool as a commodity, I think, was helpful.  There is drought, flooding, the high Australian dollar making International sales harder and then many Australian farmers go bust because of poor Estate planning (unrealistic/unachievable forced payment for family property), divorce settlements, commodities falling out of fashion, huge tonnage of excess low priced grain being dumped on our markets by countries which subsidize their farmers, bad management, uncontrolled foxes and wild dogs attacking lambs and calves, imports of cheap fruit, pork and wine which attract a very low tariff, having to pay much higher than Award wages to secure the limited labour available, increased costs, land prices becoming too high driven by foreign ownership and investment by opportunistic investment schemes like blue gums for wood chips, Capital Gains Taxes payable upon sales of land from one generation to the next etc. etc....

I understand the hardships of keeping an Australian farm afloat and I meant no disrespect to any farmer.  However, I know enough about farming to know that very few are 'squattocracy'.

The Royal Flying Doctor service would also have received donations from others; one donor does not have to equip a whole plane but of course the more the better for the RFS.  Beer
These same farmers probably also give as generously as they can to many other charitable causes.
Australian farmers are notorious for giving bales of hay to other farmers after a fire or flood even though they themselves are in drought and living partly supported by Centrelink.

It is obscene that people starve in some parts of the World, I agree.  Thumb up
It's fine that your opinion differs from mine. Smiley  No need to be apologetic.
I found the woollen cloth gift to be generous, and creative, that's all.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:50:46 AM by Cloaked » Logged
episcogal

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:41 AM »

I am not well read and do not know the details of what is facing Australian sheep ranchers and wool producers. It sounds terribly sad and too common to what's happening to family farmers certainly here in the USA and around the world.

I will say, I do like the idea in general of wool producers giving their fine product. That's wonderful to celebrate the local product.  However, I do hear what you're saying about the little guy not getting the credit, which is a real shame.
missymum

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 06:08:23 AM »

I am not well read and do not know the details of what is facing Australian sheep ranchers and wool producers. It sounds terribly sad and too common to what's happening to family farmers certainly here in the USA and around the world.

I will say, I do like the idea in general of wool producers giving their fine product. That's wonderful to celebrate the local product.  However, I do hear what you're saying about the little guy not getting the credit, which is a real shame.

Yes episcogal, it is sad, & the relity is that I can see (& to a degree) sympathise with what Cloaked originally posted (re wedding gifts & donations) too. But I see the disasters going on in this once affluent and rich country and I cry. I also realise that it is not onfined to our country & that the USA is suffering as is everyone else.
I just get "on y high horse" when I think of people being forced out of their livelihood, when I see peotple starving, homeless, etc.
Wow thanks,  Star Cloaked I didn't realise I had (finally) reached 500- ok, I know you & oths make me look like an amatuer......
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2019, 02:18:21 AM »

Princess Mary, Viscountess Lascelles received:   
Ruby, sapphire and diamond bracelet from King Manuel II and Queen Augusta of Portugal   
Sapphire and diamond bracelet from Infanta Beatrice of Bourbon-Orleans   
Traveling clock in onyx set with rubies from Grand Duke Michael of Russia and Countess Torby     
Diamond fringe tiara from Lord and Lady Inchcape
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: