Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy birthday Marie  (Read 30632 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 03:43:50 AM »

Gee Derf is slow - he hasn't yet twigged that it can be the SECOND time around that you marry the right person!

IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 05:34:09 PM »

Happy Birthday to a fabulous lady  

Thank you for the lovely photos, PeDe.  Star  In looking through them, it's such a stark and dramatic contrast to photos of her sister-in-law. Marie radiates warmth, friendliness, confidence and contentedness. In the photos of her with her family, those same things are present, and it's obvious that she and Joachim have both love AND respect for each other. I'm sure she enjoys being a princess, but she also obviously enjoys being a wife and a mother, and it shows. Looking at photos of Mary, either alone or with her family, there's always such a sense of tension, superficiality, arrogance and haughtiness, and a distinct (and quite obvious) absence of love, affection, tenderness or contentment. Everything is done to show off how *cough* perfect Mary is, but it's all staged and forced. With Marie, there's authenticity; with Mary, all of it is fake.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »

the longer I look at it, the less ugly it seems, especially because there is so much meaning behind it, and because it's not the usual solitaire or trilogy ring.

Prince Joachim became engaged to his French girlfriend, Marie Cavallier. The Danish prince gets the award for most unique engagement ring of all with this proposal – he presented Marie with a gold “giraffe” style ring surmounted by three oval-cut stones: a sapphire, a diamond, and a ruby. The colors represent the blue, white and red colors of the French flag. The ring was designed by jewelry artist Mette Rosgaard.
http://www.rosgaardcollection.dk/

http://www.rosgaardcollec...ver.html?intSelected=4317

esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:42 AM »

What does giraffe style ring mean? Crazy
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 03:03:37 AM »

It's the pattern of the gold

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 03:01:59 AM »

the longer I look at it, the less ugly it seems, especially because there is so much meaning behind it, and because it's not the usual solitaire or trilogy ring.

Prince Joachim became engaged to his French girlfriend, Marie Cavallier. The Danish prince gets the award for most unique engagement ring of all with this proposal – he presented Marie with a gold “giraffe” style ring surmounted by three oval-cut stones: a sapphire, a diamond, and a ruby. The colors represent the blue, white and red colors of the French flag. The ring was designed by jewelry artist Mette Rosgaard.

thx Peeds  Hug

But I don'[t underxstand why would a Danish person give his bethroral a ring to represent her own country instead of the colours of the country she was marrying into... Confused Thinking

sorry folks. don't mean any offense to anyone cultrually but  I just don't understand this. does that mean Jokky identifies being more French than being Danish???

tak

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 03:05:04 AM »

your welcome, Geta  Hug Star

I guess to honour her heritage. She had to give up (citizenship, religion, primary language), so that's a little of France left on her finger. I rather find it quite romantic.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:33:07 AM by PeDe » Logged

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 03:24:22 AM »

Aww that's sweet.

didn't think of that  Blush

Hug Peeds

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

That's also shared heritage since he's half-French.  So even more romantic, what a softie.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »

your welcome, Geta  Hug Star

I guess to honour her heritage. She had to give up (citizenship, religion, primary language), so that's a little of France left on her finger. I rather find it quite romantic.
I think the sentiment behind the design of the ring is lovely. The ring itself, however, I find clunky and unattractive.
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 12:19:40 AM »

That's also shared heritage since he's half-French.  So even more romantic, what a softie.

This is what  I think too. Their common culture, language...  But why on a girafe pattern ? Hmmm... I don't like it !

Some day ago, Marius, a baby girafe was murdered in a Danish zoo... That's a difficult reminder too carry on, let's hope she doesn't think about him when she looks at her ring.

Je suis Charlie
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 11:07:40 AM »

I've always liked the ring and she's happy to wear it.

Marie, thanks for mentioning it  Star:  the giraffe killing really shocked me!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »

HAPPY 39TH BIRTHDAY, Marie

Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:39:51 PM by PeDe » Logged

Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »

Congratulations Marie!!!  Wonderful selection PeDe   Star undoubtedly she's a sunshine, the Denmark's sweetheart  

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »

thx Peeds  Hug

But I don'[t underxstand why would a Danish person give his bethroral a ring to represent her own country instead of the colours of the country she was marrying into... Confused Thinking

sorry folks. don't mean any offense to anyone cultrually but  I just don't understand this. does that mean Jokky identifies being more French than being Danish???

tak

G Confused

I think it might have to do with Alexandra getting a ring with the Danish Flag colors and didn't want comparisons to his wives rings.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: