Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement of Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein  (Read 182594 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2016, 01:18:32 PM »

Congratulations ! Banana wish her happiness and health ! Champagne
If I am not wrong the Belgian titles indeed stopped with Amadeo and his siblings as they were grandchildren of the king but the little one doesn't  held such position and thus I think she will have the Habsburg ones and maybe lady X  van Belgi? (alla lady louise?)

from our dear wikipedia
Although an announcement of Amedeo's engagement was published on the Royal Family's website, no dynastic authorisation for his marriage was published prior to his wedding, as foreseen in Article 85 of the Belgian Constitution. Speculation in the media included a commentator on the military parade for La Une who, on 21 July 2014 (Belgian National Day), alleged that no royal authorisation was announced because the prince intentionally chose not to request permission to marry, and therefore Amedeo was no longer deemed in the line of succession.[19] On 28 July 2015 Le Soir,[20] along with other news media [21] confirmed that Amedeo had renounced his place in the order of succession because he wished to live an independent life, free of any official role. On 12 November 2015, however, more than a year after the wedding, a royal decree expressing King Philip's retroactive permission for the marriage was gazetted in the Moniteur Belge.[22] Some Belgian politicians opposed the royal decree on constitutional grounds; this was called 'Amedeogate'[23]

Due to a royal decree issued by his uncle King Philippe limiting the number of family members bearing royal titles, Amedeo's daughter and any future children are not styled Prince/Princess of Belgium.

Which makes a lot of sense. I had a college who was titled and said that she felt ridiculous, because her family was not royal (but by name) or wealthy and whenever she introduced herself people had the impression she was manor born and lived in a big estate. She was very happy when she got married and became - name wise - a normal commoner.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: May 18, 2016, 01:28:21 PM »

Congratulations ! Banana wish her happiness and health ! Champagne
If I am not wrong the Belgian titles indeed stopped with Amadeo and his siblings as they were grandchildren of the king but the little one doesn't  held such position and thus I think she will have the Habsburg ones and maybe lady X  van Belgi? (alla lady louise?)

from our dear wikipedia
Although an announcement of Amedeo's engagement was published on the Royal Family's website, no dynastic authorisation for his marriage was published prior to his wedding, as foreseen in Article 85 of the Belgian Constitution. Speculation in the media included a commentator on the military parade for La Une who, on 21 July 2014 (Belgian National Day), alleged that no royal authorisation was announced because the prince intentionally chose not to request permission to marry, and therefore Amedeo was no longer deemed in the line of succession.[19] On 28 July 2015 Le Soir,[20] along with other news media [21] confirmed that Amedeo had renounced his place in the order of succession because he wished to live an independent life, free of any official role. On 12 November 2015, however, more than a year after the wedding, a royal decree expressing King Philip's retroactive permission for the marriage was gazetted in the Moniteur Belge.[22] Some Belgian politicians opposed the royal decree on constitutional grounds; this was called 'Amedeogate'[23]

Due to a royal decree issued by his uncle King Philippe limiting the number of family members bearing royal titles, Amedeo's daughter and any future children are not styled Prince/Princess of Belgium.

Which makes a lot of sense. I had a college who was titled and said that she felt ridiculous, because her family was not royal (but by name) or wealthy and whenever she introduced herself people had the impression she was manor born and lived in a big estate. She was very happy when she got married and became - name wise - a normal commoner.

Over time I have met two who had a title according to the Dutch nobility. The father of one was also very known, because of his work.  Both often introduced their selves with only part of their name (and without use of their title). They wanted to be treated like commoners and get respect etc. based on their own performances. One of them succeeded so well we were surprised when seeing his passport (needed for a trip), which stated his title.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: May 20, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »

Elisabetta left the hospital today. And the little girl's name is Anna Astrid.  Hug
https://twitter.com/RTLPl...status/733664995834245120
OFFICIEL Le b?b? du Prince et de la Princesse Amedeo de Belgique est la Princesse Anna Astrid

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: May 20, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »

Nice and simple name!.

Mary Stuart

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »

mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: May 20, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »

The baby is very nice and I love the name Anna Astrid
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2016, 02:29:25 AM »

Great name choice!  It's simple and sweet and not weird or overly old-fashioned. 
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »

Not fond of the name. To me, it sounds very old fashioned, especially Astrid. I know it's because of his family but it is old and prone to very mean nicknames, at least in German. I know several women who hated their name because a lot of classmates pronounced it "Arschtritt", which means "kick in the arse". So not sure if they did the girl a favour with this name, they should have thought about this, German is one of the languages of Belgium (ok not the same status as French and Belgian Dutch but still recognised)
QueenHappiness

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THESE!  These pictures are so wonderful. Daddy looks proud and happy, Lili is radiant and the baby has a great name!  I can't help but compare to other Royal-mum-leaving-hospital photos, where the new mother virtually ignored the ill-supported babe in her arms to gaze adoringly at her boorish husband.  Judging from these lovely pictures, Anna Astrid will be the centre of the universe for A&L, just as it should be! 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »

Not fond of the name. To me, it sounds very old fashioned, especially Astrid. I know it's because of his family but it is old and prone to very mean nicknames, at least in German. I know several women who hated their name because a lot of classmates pronounced it "Arschtritt", which means "kick in the arse". So not sure if they did the girl a favour with this name, they should have thought about this, German is one of the languages of Belgium (ok not the same status as French and Belgian Dutch but still recognised)

Well I assume the child will be known as Anna Smiley
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2016, 11:21:37 AM »

Not sure about that. Everybody will know her 2 names and classmates often chose the name the parents didn't use as main name. Had several cases like this when I was at school, the children where called their first name at home and the funny second one at school
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: May 23, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »

I think Anna is a name where you can't go wrong. Has been around for centuries, used in all social classes ...
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »

Gosh, she is wa too thin, even Kate had a fuller shape after giving birth! Yikes
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2016, 12:31:05 AM »

Beautiful pictures and baby girl Anna Astrid has a beautiful face and name. ♡♡

Sunshine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2016, 03:22:40 AM »

I am over the moon happy for them. He's my favorite Royal prince. Love this couple. Supper love the name Anna. Can't go wrong there with Anna. Congrats to them. I love Prince Amedeo parents they seems very loving and family oriented.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: