Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 609891 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2130 on: January 03, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »

Children are usually masters at mimicry and imitation. That is a very useful tool in evolution, as it strengthens the bonds between parents and child but also between family and child to ensure that the child is taken care of. So very often, you can see gestures and expressions, speech patterns etc that remind you strongly of this person and then suddenly of a completely other person from the other side of the family..
All this makes it far easier and likelier that the child is accepted as "one of us" and thus protected and taken care of by all sides.

When he was a child, Charles used to walk with his hands behind his back, in the same manner as Phillip did.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2131 on: January 04, 2021, 10:52:56 AM »

Children are usually masters at mimicry and imitation. That is a very useful tool in evolution, as it strengthens the bonds between parents and child but also between family and child to ensure that the child is taken care of. So very often, you can see gestures and expressions, speech patterns etc that remind you strongly of this person and then suddenly of a completely other person from the other side of the family..
All this makes it far easier and likelier that the child is accepted as "one of us" and thus protected and taken care of by all sides.

When he was a child, Charles used to walk with his hands behind his back, in the same manner as Phillip did.

No idea, if there's any scientific basis to this, but I've been told that as a baby/early years the children tend to look more like their father. As said nature did this so that the father would (more likely) accept the child as his own and not think he has been fooled around with a cuckoo's child.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2132 on: January 04, 2021, 11:16:35 AM »

No idea, if there's any scientific basis to this, but I've been told that as a baby/early years the children tend to look more like their father. As said nature did this so that the father would (more likely) accept the child as his own and not think he has been fooled around with a cuckoo's child.
Iíve heard that too, but have no idea if itís true.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2133 on: January 04, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »

Iíve heard that too, but have no idea if itís true.

Mine have all been a mix of both sides, with two looking exactly like me as a baby. I in turn looked just like my siblings, who have a different father.

My nephews new son is ALL his mother, apart from his bright blue eyes from dad.

I think that oneís a bit of furphy!
anneboleyn

Warned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2134 on: January 04, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »

I think people are always good at seeing who they want to see. I've seen some babies that the parents swear look like so and so, and I don't see it at all!
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2135 on: January 05, 2021, 06:14:35 PM »

I agree.

If you ask my in laws, they think my daughter looks strikingly like my boyfriend. My parents claim she looks and acts just like me at that age.

In truth, she looks like both of us.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: