Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 631   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2032571 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »

Here is William awarding a knighthood to Sir Marcus Setchell the royal obstetrician

"Ah, so you're the chap responsible for that ghastly screamer."

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »

Here is William awarding a knighthood to Sir Marcus Setchell the royal obstetrician

Star
Thats a lot better than the ghastly thoughts I had about what they were talking about!
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:35 PM »

"Here, here's a trinket. I never want to see you again."

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2014, 07:47:10 PM »

There was also a gong for Karren 'Tory Stooge' Brady, for services to business and rent-a-quote filler about working mums.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »

It seems Liz gives Titles and honors to everyone but Harry ...

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2014, 12:29:48 AM »

Star
Thats a lot better than the ghastly thoughts I had about what they were talking about!

Jumping Star
MadMissManton
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »

Shocker: William will work for once:

New engagement for Prince William: he will join The Queen and Prince Philip on 31st March at unveiling of a Windsor Greys Statue in Windsor.

what is a Windsor Grey?
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »

Isn't a horse???

If so, how APPROPRIATE!    Laughing
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2014, 05:50:25 AM »

If true, I personally think this would be great  Thumb up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/n...rk-foreign-office-3273139

Prince William to work at the Foreign Office to learn about diplomacy for when he is King

Prince William wants to find out more about what makes Government tick – by getting a job at the Foreign Office.

He wants to have a stint in Whitehall to help him prepare for when he is King, royal aides say.

The Duke, 31, who stopped being a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot last year, is keen to take on another full-time role. And he thinks being at the Foreign Office would give him a grounding in ­diplomacy.

But William has ruled out being an ambassador himself as he doesn’t want to be away from the Duchess Of Cambridge and baby George.

The Duke, who is about to finish a 10-week agricultural course at Cambridge University, could take the job after he and Kate go on an official visit to Australia and New Zealand next month.

A source said: “He will come to the end of his ‘transitional year’ in the autumn and has made it clear he wishes to begin full-time work again.

“A post at the heart of the Foreign Office would give an insight into the role of an ambassador and an understanding of relations between countries around the world.”

William’s aim to take a full-time job will be welcomed by senior royals who want to avoid any more criticism of his lifestyle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/n...ice-3273139#ixzz2wl5795O1
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2014, 06:14:12 AM »

If true, I personally think this would be great  Thumb up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/n...rk-foreign-office-3273139

Prince William to work at the Foreign Office to learn about diplomacy for when he is King
Prince William wants to find out more about what makes Government tick – by getting a job at the Foreign Office.
He wants to have a stint in Whitehall to help him prepare for when he is King, royal aides say.
The Duke, 31, who stopped being a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot last year, is keen to take on another full-time role. And he thinks being at the Foreign Office would give him a grounding in ­diplomacy.
But William has ruled out being an ambassador himself as he doesn’t want to be away from the Duchess Of Cambridge and baby George.
The Duke, who is about to finish a 10-week agricultural course at Cambridge University, could take the job after he and Kate go on an official visit to Australia and New Zealand next month.
A source said: “He will come to the end of his ‘transitional year’ in the autumn and has made it clear he wishes to begin full-time work again.
“A post at the heart of the Foreign Office would give an insight into the role of an ambassador and an understanding of relations between countries around the world.”
William’s aim to take a full-time job will be welcomed by senior royals who want to avoid any more criticism of his lifestyle.

I agree Wisdom it seems a good and sensible thing.  I read something about this back at the start of the "transitional year"  that he would spend time in a couple of government departments, like the Home Office and FC Offices and hopefully International Development and Trade would be good too.  I think Charles may have done some of this as well and certainly I've learned (here mostly) that the Crown princes in other countries have done so as part of the training.  He did a short secondment with a few companies before he went into the forces,  he picked up quite a bit at one he did at a firm I worked for, though he generally spent the time being given seminars on the various aspects of the business and shadowing a couple of people for a day rather than actually doing things.

I'm suspecting now that it might be something around the animal poaching stuff, but I would like him to look into working at our internation development and relief work as well as this might be something he can really get his teeth into and give this work some much needed public support as the fact we dish out international aid is not particular popular with some sections of the british populace (see DM reading, foreigner hating, UKIP supporting little englander comments on "foreign stuff" in the papers").

I frankly hope he does find something to get him energised and contributing to life.  I don't know he might be a lazy work shy fop, but he might also be struggling for purpose a bit now.  He was happy when he was serving in the forces and maybe they took him out too soon there, but i think he wants to find something ongoing that he can do rather than just moving into the ribbon cutting, plaque unveiling world of his destiny. 
Who knows, only time will tell,  as I often say, I still have hopes for him and the wife, given a couple of years.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »

How very ambitious of William! Working for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office is one of the most demanding and competitive career routes in the UK. Ability to speak another language fluently is a must, as is a very good degree result from university.

I'm sure William has taken all this on board or else he's in danger of undermining another national institution while he desperately avoids taking on full time royal responsibilities.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »

How on earth is he going to get through the selection process?!

nevermind  Snare

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
choux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »

I have a friend who works at the Foreign Office.  She has a degree and an MA in International Relations.  

When she first joined she was based in London and would work some very odd and long hours doing meet and greets for foreign dignitaries.  Literally picking up Mandela from Heathrow although many times it was far less interesting.

By the time she was William's age she had been aptitude tested for language learning and been given the top grading.  She was then taught an Eastern European language full time for 9 months so she could go and work at the British Embassy in that country.  

Working for the Foreign Office is a hard life.  Two thirds of the employees are based overseas on 2-3 year postings in either British embassies or working in Brussels. They don't have many jobs in the UK so the staff are basically global nomads for much of their career.  My friend loves what she does but is single and, if she found a relationship, most likely one of them would have to give up their career as very few jobs work with a spouse always moving from one FO posting to another.  It pays pretty poorly (although with housing costs met while overseas and a good pension at the end).

William is now going to rock up and either take a real job and deprive someone in the FO of the chance to spend 2 years in London close to their family and friends OR, more likely, come along and play at working for the FO.  Show up when he feels like it, take on a few tasks of his choice and then be chauffeured back to his 20 room mansions at KP.

Willy is 30+ years old and has known his entire life he was going to be king.  Surely he should have already been given a life's training in diplomacy and international relations and be at the point where he is putting into practice what he already knows not 'learning' more?
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »

A lot of training for a 31 years old ...

honeybunny

Muted
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »

To bad HM and Charles didn't have the guts to make William do investitures at the palace at eighteen and start learning this stuff. CP Victoria was trained in this (also in sniper shooting) and it's a slap in the face that he's only now beginning his life of training. He is literally a decade behind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 631   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: