Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 474   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1132318 times)
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #6990 on: March 17, 2017, 12:02:25 AM »

@RoyalForumMoron This useless ass wants out SO bad he doesn't care. Please, let both of them pack it in with the kids and give it to Harry.[/i]

https://twitter.com/cozyv...status/842173918731354112

Whistle

I agree. I think Carole and company have their fingers crossed, putting all hopes in the Queen to force Willy to remain.

JMO Middleton power over Willy is centered on the fact that they don't force him to do anything. No Royal duties, no responsibilities, just cheese on toast and shooting lots of furries.

They have to pretend not to care, while secretly caring very much Whistle. Look, they ain't with Willy cause of his dance moves  Roll Eyes. Its the gems they craves! The gems!  

Huh, I thought they were talking about - out of the marriage.  

read the last part "and give it to Harry" is he suppose to give Kate to Harry? LOL!

I was almost supporting the idea of "giving it to Harry" (sounds terrible but I have to think it meant 'his place in the succession' ) but then I remembered who he is dating. At least for now.

I hope there is a Kiss & Tell on the weekend. No-one that douchey should ever become king.
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6991 on: March 18, 2017, 12:07:13 AM »

^ I read about that too, but is the kiss and tell for William or Harry  Banana ? I read that it may be for either one of them, but that it might end up being nothing and to sell newspapers) Whistle

I thought this was funny:

The awkward moment a kids vocal group sang Pharrell's Happy to Prince William in Paris (the tune he was energetically dancing to in Verbier)

https://twitter.com/chris...status/842835510888480768

I can barely tap this for laughing- here's Kids United who are singing Pharrell's Happy for Prince William, the song he danced to in Verbier

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...status/842815862935556096
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:13:27 AM by Georgie » Logged
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6992 on: March 18, 2017, 03:35:56 AM »

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but I had to giggle at the DM's reference to Guy Pelly's wife as being an heiress to the "Holiday Inn billions."  I guess the DM forgot their own reporting when they got married, that her family sold their interests in the hotel chain years ago.  They're hardly Hiltons.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6993 on: March 19, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »

The media is not yet done with Will despite the two days of vacation work in France.

Disco or duty? The Petulant Prince must now choose, writes Royal Commentator ROBERT JOBSON
http://www.dailymail.co.u...choose-ROBERT-JOBSON.html

You might think there is something endearing about unguarded ?dad dancing?. Royal arms akimbo, pumping hard but out of time, here was a man on the brink of middle age, determined to let what remains of his hair down.

Not for the first time in recent months, William finds himself described as workshy and irresponsible. How, then, did the Prince or his team of advisers get it so wrong?
One answer is that the sugar-coated image he enjoyed for so long was almost too good to be true. For scratch the surface of William and what you find is a complex character. There is an ?over-confidence? which some say is bordering on arrogance, and which senior Palace aides now fear is clouding the 34-year-old?s judgment.
He can be ?petulant, capricious, even hostile?, I am told ? words you might not readily associate with the second in line to the throne.

?But the Duke can be a little unforgiving. When he gets it right everyone is patting him on the back, but who is there to criticise him and warn against getting it wrong??
At Kensington Palace, a dedicated but notably youthful group of advisers is slavishly loyal to the boss.
But a lack of experience can have serious drawbacks too. Private Secretary Miguel Head is accomplished, but for William?s press team it is a steep learning curve.
Verbier is hardly the first error of judgment.

The fact is William could easily have followed the example of his uncle, the Duke of York, also in Verbier, and flown back for Commonwealth Day.
In choosing to do his own thing, William has cast a light on a Royal Family in transition. As the Queen approaches 91, the Prince of Wales is increasingly influential at court. But the cautious retreat of the Queen is leaving a power vacuum.
And while under her rule we have seen one Royal Family, or ?Firm?, we are now seeing a series of mini firms.
Increasingly, these different households have their own agendas. They often don?t consider what the other is doing and seem happy to steal the headlines from each other.

As Charles approaches 70 he accepts that his elder son and his photogenic daughter-in-law now have the star quality that bolsters numbers who flock to see them on foreign visits. Roll Eyes
Courtiers say that William knows it too ? and has become a little swayed by the attention. In this multi-media age, monarchy and celebrity can be blurred.
For many years Prince William has been cut a lot of slack. Now, however, he is at a crossroads. It is time for him to embrace his full-time role supporting his father and grandmother and put duty above all else.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Eliza B

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6994 on: March 19, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »

^ he honestly thinks he knows best, right now they only question a ski trip that made him miss work.   What happens when they start to report his actual comings and goings?

He's still very protected by the press. Theyre only nudging him to get another private audience with info and possible kids pics to sell on their front pages.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6995 on: March 20, 2017, 05:22:55 AM »

...What happens when they start to report his actual comings and goings?

Then he will decide what activities are worth advance official notice and which days he will be 'at home with family and friends' and not 'in public' for the press to report.

He's still very protected by the press. They're only nudging him to get another private audience with info and possible kids pics to sell on their front pages.

The press protects their prey so the prey will live to provide more drama. Pix of the children will certainly calm the waters for a while. But...they must be authentic photos and not photo compositions as they have released in the past.

The Cambs should take some time and review the PR that the Swedish crown princess and her sister have used to promote themselves and introduce their children to the public. Their method and pattern are keeping respectful distance yet letting the public see the growth and change in the children while maintaining some privacy of their family life.

It makes me wonder -- do the Cambs know anything of the other young royal families in Europe? At this point, my answer to the question is NO.
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6996 on: March 20, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »

...What happens when they start to report his actual comings and goings?

Then he will decide what activities are worth advance official notice and which days he will be 'at home with family and friends' and not 'in public' for the press to report.

He's still very protected by the press. They're only nudging him to get another private audience with info and possible kids pics to sell on their front pages.

The press protects their prey so the prey will live to provide more drama. Pix of the children will certainly calm the waters for a while. But...they must be authentic photos and not photo compositions as they have released in the past.

The Cambs should take some time and review the PR that the Swedish crown princess and her sister have used to promote themselves and introduce their children to the public. Their method and pattern are keeping respectful distance yet letting the public see the growth and change in the children while maintaining some privacy of their family life.

It makes me wonder -- do the Cambs know anything of the other young royal families in Europe? At this point, my answer to the question is NO.

I doubt it.  I think they BRF is the last bastion of the "Fog in the Channel - Europe isolated" mentality.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #6997 on: March 20, 2017, 08:07:13 PM »

Celebitchy is sharing this article by Robert Jobson. I thought too that the media would have dropped this and let William get a pass but I'm glad I was wrong. I supposed many journalists are fed up and cannot help to express their irritations.  Icecream This is getting really interesting.

"Prince William can be ?petulant, capricious, even hostile? behind closed doors" Nooooo, Really !?  Thinking  Halo
http://www.celebitchy.com...tile_behind_closed_doors/

I think the press is kinder to the Cambridge than it was to the previous generation and Will ignore that and that he needs to be averagely popular to stay in place. The abolition of monarchy is only one referendum away...  Whistle

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6998 on: March 26, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »

Well, for once it's a good thing he is a lazy party prince. He wasn't even near the helicopter when this happened but of course the DM has to make it look as if he was and even link it to possible terrorist attacks. I'm sure this will be one of the excuses KP brings up next time he is found out to be work-shy again.

Wills cheats death: Prince's helicopter horror as a lethal drone comes within HALF A SECOND of his air ambulance in dramatic near-miss - but was it reckless or deliberate?
The Duke of Cambridge regularly pilots the helicopter, codenamed Anglia Two, but it was only by fluke that he was not on board at the time. He was at the controls of the aircraft just days later.
http://www.dailymail.co.u...helicopter-near-miss.html

I hope the crew that was actually working is okay. This must have been terrifying.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6999 on: March 26, 2017, 01:49:09 AM »

You mean, he regularly co-pilots because he isn't trained enough despite all those years in the RAF... Blech, all the covering for him!
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #7000 on: March 26, 2017, 03:05:41 AM »

Well, for once it's a good thing he is a lazy party prince. He wasn't even near the helicopter when this happened but of course the DM has to make it look as if he was and even link it to possible terrorist attacks. I'm sure this will be one of the excuses KP brings up next time he is found out to be work-shy again.

Wills cheats death: Prince's helicopter horror as a lethal drone comes within HALF A SECOND of his air ambulance in dramatic near-miss - but was it reckless or deliberate?
The Duke of Cambridge regularly pilots the helicopter, codenamed Anglia Two, but it was only by fluke that he was not on board at the time. He was at the controls of the aircraft just days later.
http://www.dailymail.co.u...helicopter-near-miss.html

I hope the crew that was actually working is okay. This must have been terrifying.

Well, given how little he does work, statistically it would have been a fluke if he had been on board at the time.

Horrid for those who were on board though.  I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents with drones.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7001 on: March 26, 2017, 10:31:21 AM »

Was this the hero PR article we were expecting? Because coming up with some story about a drone that almost hit an aircraft he less than occasionally pilots is highlighting the fact that a) he wasn't actually there and never really in danger and b) hes never at work anyway

Also wondering if the placement is so he can wander off in summer for the excuses of "royal duties" and "its dangerous out there".  Cool
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7002 on: March 26, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »

You mean, he regularly co-pilots because he isn't trained enough despite all those years in the RAF... Blech, all the covering for him!

"Regularly" and Will doesn't go together.  Wink  He did learn to fly in about 3 months while a regular RAF heli pilot needs 18 months before he/she gets his/her wings. Unlike when Harry trained to be a pilot it was a shortend and specially designed (for the heir's heir) course because Will was not meant to be an operational military pilot which obviously changed later on. It was reported that he struggled not to lose his license because of barely reaching minimum flying hours when being RAF SAR pilot although he "worked" at one of the busiest SAR bases in the UK. In his last year he allegedly was even allowed to be the heli captain and yet took much longer than KP initially said to train for the EAAA job even after his RAF training which usually enables military pilots to reduce the training period. He was also just able to work for EAAA when they got the first two-pilots heli and he only worked at the Cambridge base because the other one (a little closer to his home) still operated with the one-pilot-seat heli. The pap pics of him in the heli also show him always on the side where traditionally the co-pilot sits. Connecting the dots makes it look like he is not as good and able as pilot as they want us to believe. But of course all of it can be pure coincidence. JMO  Whistle

Roll Eyes
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7003 on: March 26, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »

I remember when William was at RAF Valley doing his search an rescue 'work', we lived close by and use to regularly walk along a beach literally just meters away from where he 'worked'. One day there was car parked blocking a gateway from the beach to the RAF base. Apparently it was only there when William was working - all I can say is in the whole time he was based there I only saw it that once. The only other time I saw William was when he speed past me on the main road leaving work early to go play Polo in Chester (okay it was a charity match). I really don't think William has EVER done a full time job in his life.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7004 on: March 26, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »

Yes, I recall reading how he was rarely at Valley and often put his co-workers in a difficult position because he was allowed to swan off on holidays or whatever and ruin THEIR plans they had with their own families.

I've watched that Helicopter Rescue show and the annoyance in the men's eyes showed as they spoke of William highly, that he pulled his own weight, etcetera but you could tell in their faces they were told to lie through their teeth.

Anglesey looks like a beautiful place, but I doubt he enjoyed it much; he only liked being away from the paparazzi because nobody could comment on how much he wasn't working or doing his job, he could go party and do anything he pleased.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 474   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: