Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 499   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1225977 times)
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7065 on: April 20, 2017, 08:10:26 PM »

I wonder if he does knot his ties by himself. THAT knot looks like it has been done years ago, and the tie then always has been loosened, put back in the drawer still knotted, put back on again and knot pulled tied [repeat 5 times and you get a knot as small as this].

So this Windsor is obviously not even able to do a decent Windsor knot.

Thumb down
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7066 on: April 27, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »

William was among those nominated as a 'straight ally' for the LGBT+ Awards in London, who knows if he'll win, but so ridiculous. He was in a magazine and said nothing. Woohoo. What an ally!
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7067 on: April 27, 2017, 11:37:17 AM »

Harry should be given the award, he actually did something. but of course PR for William so you know that award should not be given any notice, people buy into those to get credit.
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7068 on: April 27, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »

William was among those nominated as a 'straight ally' for the LGBT+ Awards in London, who knows if he'll win, but so ridiculous. He was in a magazine and said nothing. Woohoo. What an ally!

He'll probably 'win' but only because of his title/status/name. Yeah baby, he's a real advocate/ally/supporter, with only the good of the LGBT community at heart Spiteful 

I will always stand for our National Anthem, and I will always serve Under God.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7069 on: April 27, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »

No Garter Service this year due to shift in plans to open Parliament.
Guess we'll all be missing the photos of Kannot giggling while Willnot dresses up in feathers and velvet.

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7070 on: April 27, 2017, 10:25:23 PM »

No Garter Service this year due to shift in plans to open Parliament.
Guess we'll all be missing the photos of Kannot giggling while Willnot dresses up in feathers and velvet.

There is still the Thistle to get pics of Kate giggling while Will's looking angry to have to wear feathers and velvet.  Spiteful

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7071 on: May 05, 2017, 08:00:46 AM »

William has an engagement on the CC - a visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital, on 16 May.
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7072 on: May 05, 2017, 09:06:49 AM »

I have a friend who I mentioned previously who works for one of the charities involved in the Heads Together Campaign - she said when you meet Will and Kate they do come across well - they listen and seem genuine.  She said they are not charming or witty - just like two people who really do want to do something helpful.  Her impression of Kate is that she seems shy.  She says Will tries to be funny - but his humor is not quite that sharp so it often falls flat.

She can see how outside of these intimate settings they do not translate well to the public - but in small settings they do come across well - concerned and sincere. 

Harry she says is talkative and the charmer.  Sometimes she says Harry can seem a bit pushy - as if he is trying too hard  perhaps out of nerves.  But he also seems quite sincere in his desire to do something good for people.

I must admit since listening to her I do have a better opinion of Will and Kate - after all - we all know that some people are more the crowd pleasers and others are not quite that charming or witty.  I think Will is not the crowd pleaser but from what she says - he is sincere and does listen to people telling their stories with genuine empathy.  We may not get the chance to see that - and I suspect Will is never going to be witty or a charmer - he is  stodgy.  But I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after hearing her stories. 

The important thing to me is to see Will get to work -  up his commitments - if he does that - I will forgive him his stodgy style.  With his grandfather retiring - there will be no forgiving him if he does not knuckle down and work.

I have some sympathy for Kate - I had to work full time after my first child and missed a lot - happily things had improved with baby number two so I got to stay home with her but it really made me see how I had missed so much being away at work with the first and I do still feel a bit guilty about that.    So I can cut Kate a bit of slack while her kids are this young. 

Even Harry admits his response to his mother's death was a lot of anger - so I do not think it is throwing him under the bus to admit he had a lot of anger issues - we all saw them.  He was younger - and at his age the brain is not as well developed - so self awareness would have been more difficult for him.  Will did go into therapy while at University so that may have helped him earlier - Harry finally got help later. So both coped in their own unique way and seem to be doing well now.

But really - this constant talk  of their mother is getting worn - I think the public is getting tired of it too.  We will endure through this 20th anniversary year - but they both need to let this go -  IMHO.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7073 on: May 05, 2017, 01:49:54 PM »

I have a friend who I mentioned previously who works for one of the charities involved in the Heads Together Campaign - she said when you meet Will and Kate they do come across well - they listen and seem genuine.  She said they are not charming or witty - just like two people who really do want to do something helpful.  Her impression of Kate is that she seems shy.  She says Will tries to be funny - but his humor is not quite that sharp so it often falls flat.

She can see how outside of these intimate settings they do not translate well to the public - but in small settings they do come across well - concerned and sincere.  

Harry she says is talkative and the charmer.  Sometimes she says Harry can seem a bit pushy - as if he is trying too hard  perhaps out of nerves.  But he also seems quite sincere in his desire to do something good for people.

I must admit since listening to her I do have a better opinion of Will and Kate - after all - we all know that some people are more the crowd pleasers and others are not quite that charming or witty.  I think Will is not the crowd pleaser but from what she says - he is sincere and does listen to people telling their stories with genuine empathy.  We may not get the chance to see that - and I suspect Will is never going to be witty or a charmer - he is  stodgy.  But I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after hearing her stories.  

The important thing to me is to see Will get to work -  up his commitments - if he does that - I will forgive him his stodgy style.  With his grandfather retiring - there will be no forgiving him if he does not knuckle down and work.

I have some sympathy for Kate - I had to work full time after my first child and missed a lot - happily things had improved with baby number two so I got to stay home with her but it really made me see how I had missed so much being away at work with the first and I do still feel a bit guilty about that.    So I can cut Kate a bit of slack while her kids are this young.  

Even Harry admits his response to his mother's death was a lot of anger - so I do not think it is throwing him under the bus to admit he had a lot of anger issues - we all saw them.  He was younger - and at his age the brain is not as well developed - so self awareness would have been more difficult for him.  Will did go into therapy while at University so that may have helped him earlier - Harry finally got help later. So both coped in their own unique way and seem to be doing well now.

But really - this constant talk  of their mother is getting worn - I think the public is getting tired of it too.  We will endure through this 20th anniversary year - but they both need to let this go -  IMHO.

Talking the talk is of no use if you don't walk the walk and they don't. They could be the most beautiful and charming couple ever but in the end all that counts is that they work, that they are involved, that they are consistent in their charity work, that they can admit when they made mistakes and that they are sincere. I don't see any of it. There is no work behind the scenes and their campaigns are medicore at best. Take away their title and no one would follow those two or even listen to them because they show no passion and no commitment.

Will and Kate had every chance to charm people by working hard but they didn't and still don't. They had the chance to be good representatives of queen and country but their tours are mostly fun events with extra media-free private time. Kate seems to try to flash her bits in every country she visits and since the new wardrobe Will is just the same. They had the chance to be role models and yet Will thinks it's no hypocrisy to come home from a hunting holiday lecturing people to not hunt elefants because his daughter/son won't be able to see them in Africa. They could really help the very few charities they have and yet they don't. I think they are quite good at faking interest for a short time but when they leave the room they have forgotten what they promised or talked about. There is never a handwritten letter although they (or their office) must know how much this means to people and how much it helps, not to mention what a great PR it is if just one or two of them got published. And yet they don't write such letters because they just don't care. I also doubt very much that they are hands-on parents so I don't cut them any slack when they use the kids as excuse.

TBH I don't care if they are witty or charming or gorgeous. I have a lot of respect for Anne and she is neither (except perhaps witty) but she works and does events that are boring, silly or simply old fashioned in a negative way. Just like Charles does or Edward, Sophie, Camilla and Philip. W&K do not unless they are forced. They use excuses, work "part-time" and pick and choose while enjoying the perks full time and don't even adjust their demands at crisis times. They don't even notice that they have the most amateurish office team of all royals. That's how clever they are. So no, I won't change my very bad opinion of Kate and Will until there is actual proof that they're at least earning their many perks by being great royals like almost everyone else in their family.

JMO
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:59:39 PM by Suzy » Logged

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7074 on: May 05, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »

I have a friend who I mentioned previously who works for one of the charities involved in the Heads Together Campaign - she said when you meet Will and Kate they do come across well - they listen and seem genuine.  She said they are not charming or witty - just like two people who really do want to do something helpful.  Her impression of Kate is that she seems shy.  She says Will tries to be funny - but his humor is not quite that sharp so it often falls flat.

Harry she says is talkative and the charmer.  Sometimes she says Harry can seem a bit pushy - as if he is trying too hard  perhaps out of nerves.  But he also seems quite sincere in his desire to do something good for people.

I must admit since listening to her I do have a better opinion of Will and Kate - after all - we all know that some people are more the crowd pleasers and others are not quite that charming or witty.  I think Will is not the crowd pleaser but from what she says - he is sincere and does listen to people telling their stories with genuine empathy.  We may not get the chance to see that - and I suspect Will is never going to be witty or a charmer - he is  stodgy.  But I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after hearing her stories.  

The important thing to me is to see Will get to work -  up his commitments - if he does that - I will forgive him his stodgy style.  With his grandfather retiring - there will be no forgiving him if he does not knuckle down and work.

I have some sympathy for Kate - I had to work full time after my first child and missed a lot - happily things had improved with baby number two so I got to stay home with her but it really made me see how I had missed so much being away at work with the first and I do still feel a bit guilty about that.    So I can cut Kate a bit of slack while her kids are this young.  

Even Harry admits his response to his mother's death was a lot of anger - so I do not think it is throwing him under the bus to admit he had a lot of anger issues - we all saw them.  He was younger - and at his age the brain is not as well developed - so self awareness would have been more difficult for him.  Will did go into therapy while at University so that may have helped him earlier - Harry finally got help later. So both coped in their own unique way and seem to be doing well now.

But really - this constant talk  of their mother is getting worn - I think the public is getting tired of it too.  We will endure through this 20th anniversary year - but they both need to let this go -  IMHO.

Talking the talk is of no use if you don't walk the walk and they don't. They could be the most beautiful and charming couple ever but in the end all that counts is that they work, that they are involved, that they are consistent in their charity work, that they can admit when they made mistakes and that they are sincere. I don't see any of it. There is no work behind the scenes and their campaigns are medicore at best. Take away their title and no one would follow those two or even listen to them because they show no passion and no commitment.

Will and Kate had every chance to charm people by working hard but they didn't and still don't. They had the chance to be good representatives of queen and country but their tours are mostly fun events with extra media-free private time. Kate seems to try to flash her bits in every country she visits and since the new wardrobe Will is just the same. They had the chance to be role models and yet Will thinks it's no hypocrisy to come home from a hunting holiday lecturing people to not hunt elefants because his daughter/son won't be able to see them in Africa. They could really help the very few charities they have and yet they don't. I think they are quite good at faking interest for a short time but when they leave the room they have forgotten what they promised or talked about. There is never a handwritten letter although they (or their office) must know how much this means to people and how much it helps, not to mention what a great PR it is if just one or two of them got published. And yet they don't write such letters because they just don't care. I also doubt very much that they are hands-on parents so I don't cut them any slack when they use the kids as excuse.

TBH I don't care if they are witty or charming or gorgeous. I have a lot of respect for Anne and she is neither (except perhaps witty) but she works and does events that are boring, silly or simply old fashioned in a negative way. Just like Charles does or Edward, Sophie, Camilla and Philip. W&K do not unless they are forced. They use excuses, work "part-time" and pick and choose while enjoying the perks full time and don't even adjust their demands at crisis times. They don't even notice that they have the most amateurish office team of all royals. That's how clever they are. So no, I won't change my very bad opinion of Kate and Will until there is actual proof that they're at least earning their many perks by being great royals like almost everyone else in their family.

JMO

Star Suzy. I agree. They've had so many opportunities to "do something helpful" and choose almost only to do galas, rub shoulders with celebs or sports stars, or attend fancy parties or movie premieres. They rarely cut a ribbon or visit a hospital or tour a factory. And, they don't even seem prepared when they do have any kind of engagement (either the "boring" kind or their favorite 'buy-a-new-gown' kind) - from Kate asking about Faberge eggs to Will saying he's never seen a Bollywood movie. They are DOLTS. And, IMO, show they actually do not care by being unprepared or not visiting their charities for 9-10-12+ months at a time...when they only have a few charities! It's not like they have so many charities that they can only see them infrequently because they're out at their other charities...they are just vanished from sight, off eating cheese toast at MaMidds' house, pretending to be hand-on parents (with 2 nannies, MiddGrandparents as part-time nannies, housekeepers, and tons of other administrative staff).

IMO, they are given more leeway than anyone else in that family and excuse after excuse is made about why they aren't going to do a normal load of royal "work." First we get: they are newlyweds, leave them alone!

Then we get: Well now William is too busy "working" in the RAF SAR to do FT royal work....Ohhhhh, right, oops he's barely working but yet he's taking off all holidays and extra long vacations and leaving others to pick up his slack. Kate meanwhile is going to be a housewife, taking care of her man in the Anglesey countryside, making chutney and socializing with the other SAR wives...buuuut then we hear she's too posh and stuck up to socialize with the other wives and she's spotted either in London shopping or we hear later that she was at Midds Manor clinging to mummy's apron strings.

Then we get: Oh, William is going to quit the RAF to take a gap year and think about what he plans to do with his life (how about BECOME KING you dumbass!).

Then William is going to do a bespoke course so he can learn more about how to manage his future obligations...But, oops, he's seen on vacation and apparently never even finishes the course.

Then we get: Nope, William isn't going to join the family firm yet - he says there are enough OAP royals to do the work for the young, healthy, energetic ones...nope, William is now going to have a position created for him in the air ambulance and donate his charity-funded salary to his OWN charity...but yet again, he's rarely there and others have to cover for him over holidays and extended vacations or time-off to do royal work. And, oh yeah, no word on that charity donation he promised. Kate meanwhile is too busy being a "hands-on" mother...with help only from the pulled out of retirement nanny, plus Nanny Maria, plus Nanny MaMidds. Nevermind that all other royal mothers (and fathers!) have done royal work while raising their children.

And now we get: No, no, they both just cannot work FT because they have to give their kids a "normal" upbringing, far away from prying eyes or Windsor family members.

IMO, William is selfish and spoiled and sneaky and manipulative, and that kind of personality will never equal a caring or giving or charitable person.

Sorry...this turned into a rant...  Blush

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7075 on: May 05, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »

gudgeon  Star 

You nailed it. No sympathy from me for either of them. Anyone can fake being interested for 30 minutes. It is their actions after that tell the true story.
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7076 on: May 05, 2017, 09:07:07 PM »

He looks so awkward standing there to the side- it looks as though he's accidentally wandered in and not meant to be there

He also looks awkward in the clip below as well...

*I actually thought (& was hoping) that the announcement from BP was that the line of succession had changed so that Will would no longer be heir..

https://twitter.com/Daily...status/860478217509011456
Winnifred
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7077 on: May 05, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »

He looks so awkward standing there to the side- it looks as though he's accidentally wandered in and not meant to be there

He also looks awkward in the clip below as well...

*I actually thought (& was hoping) that the announcement from BP was that the line of succession had changed so that Will would no longer be heir..

https://twitter.com/Daily...status/860478217509011456

I almost always wonder what impression foreign leaders have when meeting the UK's future Head of State, William. These individuals are globally knowledgeable, hard-working, and vastly brighter than won-the-birthing-lottery-and-randomely-just-ended-up-here Prince Petulance. What thoughtful, inspiring things does he have to offer?

But seeing this image in particular where William is weirdly hovering to the left of one of the women that I admire most in this world, Aung San Suu Kyi, it makes me wonder: what the hell does somebody so accomplished, so tenacious, so inspiring really think of a dolt like William? On the world stage, he is a dud; he proved it in Washington DC in a meeting with President Obama (that I heard several press and staff members openly mocked him for), he proved it in a meeting with President Xi of China when he had nothing more intelligent to say other than complaining about the visibility into his bedroom.

Of course, Ms. Kyi is far too graceful to ever display any disappointment or displeasure, and after all, William is only there for niceties. Anything substantive will be addressed by HM... but what will world leaders think when they have only William to deal with on matter of State? God save the British Monarchy, unless William's entire attitude changes, the future does not look promising. And God bless Aung San Suu Kyi for just... being her.  Thumb up

Chutney Flashalot

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7078 on: May 05, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »

On the world stage, he is a dud; he proved it in Washington DC in a meeting with President Obama (that I heard several press and staff members openly mocked him for)

Obama's staff members mocked him?! lol  Laugh bounce  Oh please be true!

I love this picture of him. I think it sums him up, completely out of his depth. He has spend too much time holidaying and suing people and not enough time learning the business of statecraft. God help the UK when he is head of state  Crazy Arrogant selfish git. He is getting uglier by the minute.

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #7079 on: May 05, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »

JMO

Star Suzy. I agree. They've had so many opportunities to "do something helpful" and choose almost only to do galas, rub shoulders with celebs or sports stars, or attend fancy parties or movie premieres. They rarely cut a ribbon or visit a hospital or tour a factory. And, they don't even seem prepared when they do have any kind of engagement (either the "boring" kind or their favorite 'buy-a-new-gown' kind) - from Kate asking about Faberge eggs to Will saying he's never seen a Bollywood movie. They are DOLTS. And, IMO, show they actually do not care by being unprepared or not visiting their charities for 9-10-12+ months at a time...when they only have a few charities! It's not like they have so many charities that they can only see them infrequently because they're out at their other charities...they are just vanished from sight, off eating cheese toast at MaMidds' house, pretending to be hand-on parents (with 2 nannies, MiddGrandparents as part-time nannies, housekeepers, and tons of other administrative staff).

IMO, they are given more leeway than anyone else in that family and excuse after excuse is made about why they aren't going to do a normal load of royal "work." First we get: they are newlyweds, leave them alone!

Then we get: Well now William is too busy "working" in the RAF SAR to do FT royal work....Ohhhhh, right, oops he's barely working but yet he's taking off all holidays and extra long vacations and leaving others to pick up his slack. Kate meanwhile is going to be a housewife, taking care of her man in the Anglesey countryside, making chutney and socializing with the other SAR wives...buuuut then we hear she's too posh and stuck up to socialize with the other wives and she's spotted either in London shopping or we hear later that she was at Midds Manor clinging to mummy's apron strings.

Then we get: Oh, William is going to quit the RAF to take a gap year and think about what he plans to do with his life (how about BECOME KING you dumbass!).

Then William is going to do a bespoke course so he can learn more about how to manage his future obligations...But, oops, he's seen on vacation and apparently never even finishes the course.

Then we get: Nope, William isn't going to join the family firm yet - he says there are enough OAP royals to do the work for the young, healthy, energetic ones...nope, William is now going to have a position created for him in the air ambulance and donate his charity-funded salary to his OWN charity...but yet again, he's rarely there and others have to cover for him over holidays and extended vacations or time-off to do royal work. And, oh yeah, no word on that charity donation he promised. Kate meanwhile is too busy being a "hands-on" mother...with help only from the pulled out of retirement nanny, plus Nanny Maria, plus Nanny MaMidds. Nevermind that all other royal mothers (and fathers!) have done royal work while raising their children.

And now we get: No, no, they both just cannot work FT because they have to give their kids a "normal" upbringing, far away from prying eyes or Windsor family members.

IMO, William is selfish and spoiled and sneaky and manipulative, and that kind of personality will never equal a caring or giving or charitable person.

Sorry...this turned into a rant...  Blush

Star 

To me he is also arrogant enough to think he just knows whatever he needs to know or that he will learn it when the time comes.   Crazy
He seems to have no "stick-to-itivenesses" or perseverance to see things through.  He seems to just quit whenever he gets bored, something better or more interesting comes along or when he decides he has had enough.  With that character trait how will he ever learn what he needs to or heaven forbid ever actually get through the daily red boxes that the monarch does ever single day? 

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 499   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: