Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 573   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1686535 times)
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #8145 on: January 30, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »

What I find is hilarious is KP wrote the press letter, not William, for this Mail charity drive. He cares so much, yes?

Better KP than Seabiscuit because you know if he wrote the letter he would have come off as the prick he is.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8146 on: February 07, 2019, 03:00:09 PM »

February 5

The Duke of Cambridge has presided over an investiture at Buckingham Palace

Historian and broadcaster @simon_schama was awarded a Knighthood for services to History.

Royal Navy Seaman, diver Simon Wharton was awarded The Queen’s Gallantry Medal at the investiture ceremony

Simon bravely entered the upturned hull of a fishing boat being driven towards rocks near Plymouth, in 2017, to try to rescue crew in the vessel.

Rosemary Johnson, former Executive Director for the Royal Philharmonic Society was awarded an #MBE for services to Music. Rosemary ran the @RoyalPhilSoc for two decades between 1998 and 2017.

At the investiture ceremony, Anne-Maria Newham from Rothley was made an #MBE for services to Nursing, and entrepreneur Thomas Ilube was awarded a #CBE services to Technology and Philanthropy.

Eliza B

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8147 on: February 07, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »

This is the second time (at least) this year William has filled in for the Queen but the cc hasn't counted either.  Which makes no sense as he's one of the few that can perform these knighthoods. It's more royal "work" than having an executive to tea in private.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #8148 on: February 07, 2019, 03:20:26 PM »

I did find it listed for Feb. 5: CC 5/2 The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning

https://twitter.com/CepeS...tatus/1092938616983175173

and for the one held in January.

https://twitter.com/CepeS...tatus/1091127836625248256

CC 31/1 The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

The official online version of the CC is very poorly run but the Times and the Daily Telegraph typically have the CC listed and I believe that is the source for some of these tweets.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:26:26 PM by TLLK » Logged
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8149 on: February 07, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »

I did find it listed for Feb. 5: CC 5/2 The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning

https://twitter.com/CepeS...tatus/1092938616983175173

and for the one held in January.

https://twitter.com/CepeS...tatus/1091127836625248256

CC 31/1 The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

The official online version of the CC is very poorly run but the Times and the Daily Telegraph typically have the CC listed and I believe that is the source for some of these tweets.

Oh thank you.  I didn't know about these.  The official one is horrible!
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8150 on: February 09, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »

January 2019: 8 days / 17 events

1) Feb 5 - The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

2) Feb 6 - The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited Mental Health Innovations at Phoenix Brewery, 13 Bramley Road, London W10.

3) February 10 - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the BAFTAs  Awards ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall

4) Feb 13 - The Duke of Cambridge will join volunteers at the Passage Charity's homeless resource centre in a lunch shift, and hear how integral volunteering and community support is for the organisation and their clients.

5) Feb 14 - The Duke of Cambridge will visit two programmes that support men with their Mental Health and wellbeing:
• The Duke of Cambridge will visit Pall Mall Barbers Paddington Central, who are members of The Lions Barbers Collective. The collective have come together to raise awareness for the prevention of suicide and provide training for barbers
• On his second visit The Duke will visit a session called ‘Future Dads’ that was set up by the charity Future Men Working With Men. This programme is run in locations across London aiming to build stronger families by providing practical guidance, advice and support.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #8151 on: February 13, 2019, 03:09:21 PM »

William is visiting the Passage today and it was announced it was their new royal patron. He and Kate last visited the Passage late last year I think

The Duke of Cambridge has today become Royal Patron of The Passage, which is the UK’s largest resource centre for homeless and insecurely housed people. Established in 1980, The Passage has since helped over 130,000 people in crisis through its resource centre, homelessness prevention projects and two innovative accommodation services.

The Duke first visited The Passage as a child in 1993 with his mother Diana, Princess of Wales, and has made additional visits at various points over the last twenty-five years. Speaking at The Passage in 2016, The Duke said:

“The visits I made as a child to this place left a deep and lasting impression upon me – about how important it is to ensure that everyone in our society, especially the poorest, are treated with respect, dignity and kindness, and are given the opportunities to fulfil their potential in life.”

The Duke is a longstanding supporter of organisations working to combat homelessness, and has also been Patron of Centrepoint, who work to help homeless young people, since 2005.

Mick Clarke, Chief Executive of The Passage said:

“During His Royal Highness’ visits to The Passage, it has been very clear that he has a deep concern for those affected by homelessness and a real interest in our work. For His Royal Highness to further express his support for The Passage’s work by becoming our Royal Patron is a tremendous honour, and a testament to how much he genuinely cares about this issue.”

The Duke of Cambridge first visited The @PassageCharity as a child in 1993 with his mother Diana, Princess of Wales, and has made additional visits at various points over the last twenty-five years.

This entry in The @PassageCharity visitor’s book marks The Duke of Cambridge's first visit with his mother Diana, Princess of Wales in 1993.

The Duke helps serve lunch alongside Malcolm (on the right), who’s been volunteering at the @PassageCharity for 21 years.8-10 volunteers support Head Chef Nour Shab in the kitchen every day. 2,651 homeless people were supported by @PassageCharity in 2017/18 - this was made possible with the help of the charity’s 450 regular volunteers who work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Meeting clients and volunteers from @PassageCharity’s ‘Home for Good’ Programme. The programme pairs formerly-homeless clients with local volunteers to help them settle into their new homes and community life.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8152 on: February 13, 2019, 03:42:02 PM »

He cares about these charities so much he's shown up once every few years (Centrepoint, anyone?). Honestly, it has seemed to me the only reason he is involved here, and with Centerpoint, is Mummy so don't criticize poor golden William. I hope his patronage means he'll actually do things for said charity and promote its work and help with it getting funding.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8153 on: February 14, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »

Bill had two events today. A trip to a London barber's that's part of a suicide prevention initiative

Then he visited Future Men

He talked about having kids in a way that's kind of sweet (by his usually awkward standards)

The fear of having a newborn baby that's very vulnerable and that's what you spend most of your time worrying about, thinking what do I do? And that's the thing isn't it, it's very daunting how tiny they are when they first arrive. They are so fragile and everything's so tiny, their little fingers and toes, you do feel like if you move them around too much they're going to break almost but they don't.

Take your pedopologies elsewhere
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8154 on: March 02, 2019, 07:33:46 PM »

The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called upon The Duke of Cambridge this morning.

COURT CIRCULAR || 1 MARCH 2019

Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8155 on: March 04, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »

The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called upon The Duke of Cambridge this morning.

COURT CIRCULAR || 1 MARCH 2019

1 March 2019
Kensington Palace
* The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called upon The Duke of Cambridge this morning.
* The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

4 March 2019
* The Duke of Cambridge visited the Foreign Office to open The Mayhew Theatre, a new learning facility in the Diplomatic Academy building. Received by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:00:46 PM by Eliza B » Logged
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8156 on: March 04, 2019, 06:35:01 PM »

Palmerston the Foreign Office cat tweeted:

More
I may not have met HRH Duke of Cambridge during his visit to @foreignoffice today, but I'm still celebrating reaching 80k followers on Twitter! Thank you everyone for keeping up with all of my Chief Mouser escapades. #catsoftwitter

Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8157 on: March 06, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »

1 March 2019
Kensington Palace
* The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called upon The Duke of Cambridge this morning.
* The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

4 March 2019
* The Duke of Cambridge visited the Foreign Office to open The Mayhew Theatre, a new learning facility in the Diplomatic Academy building. Received by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt

05 March 2019
* The President of the Republic of Cyprus called upon The Prince of Wales this morning. The Duke of Cambridge was present.
* The Queen gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace this morning to mark the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales.

It's about time William started joining Charles on these private meetings.  Now if he does it consistently I'll believe he's taking his role more seriously.
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #8158 on: March 06, 2019, 02:32:39 PM »

1 March 2019
Kensington Palace

4 March 2019

05 March 2019
* The President of the Republic of Cyprus called upon The Prince of Wales this morning. The Duke of Cambridge was present.
* The Queen gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace this morning to mark the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales.

It's about time William started joining Charles on these private meetings.  Now if he does it consistently I'll believe he's taking his role more seriously.

Yes, this is great for him!
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8159 on: March 06, 2019, 04:04:17 PM »

[/quote]

I'm going to say it straight out. William needs a valet. I know we've mocked Prince Charles for having one, but Charles would have dressed well, valet or not. He inherited good dress sense from the DoE. William has none, zero, zilch.

He needs a valet not only to take care of his clothes and grooming, but to buy him whole new wardrobe, and lay out his clothes everyday. Don't let him near the closet!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:29:28 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 573   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: