Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 579   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1713753 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8160 on: March 06, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »

William needs to buy pants with an extra inch in the inseam.  These aren't the style of pants you can wear cropped.

Yyyeeeeeaaahhhh I'm getting tired of the moose knuckle.

Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8161 on: March 07, 2019, 11:12:26 PM »

William needs to buy pants with an extra inch in the inseam.  These aren't the style of pants you can wear cropped.

Indeed! Lady Alice - would a visit to the VET also cure him of his foot-in- and-mouth disease?
https://www.dailymail.co....ental-health-support.html

EXCERPT: Wills: "They talk about being the best the whole time. You're physically trained to do all the stuff you do, but never once in the process was the mental aspect of what you were going to see at war time or war fighting... never was that actually processed through 'how do we actually train people physically and mentally be the best soldier?'

An Army spokesperson said: 'We take the mental health of our personnel extremely seriously, and resilience training is an important part of our duty of care. 'The MOD has increased spending on mental health to £22million a year, and we are working hard to tackle the stigma around coming forward and asking for help.'

Wills desperately needs to add a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and Influence people" to his reading list  (if he has one).
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8162 on: March 07, 2019, 11:26:40 PM »

Yup. He's still an ignorant idiot. William, you half-arsed courses in the armed forces, did the bare minimum because the powers that be allowed minimal training, rarely showed up for work during your time in the RAF, stfu.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #8163 on: March 08, 2019, 12:54:57 AM »

Indeed! Lady Alice - would a visit to the VET also cure him of his foot-in- and-mouth disease?

EXCERPT: Wills: "They talk about being the best the whole time. You're physically trained to do all the stuff you do, but never once in the process was the mental aspect of what you were going to see at war time or war fighting... never was that actually processed through 'how do we actually train people physically and mentally be the best soldier?'

An Army spokesperson said: 'We take the mental health of our personnel extremely seriously, and resilience training is an important part of our duty of care. 'The MOD has increased spending on mental health to £22million a year, and we are working hard to tackle the stigma around coming forward and asking for help.'

Wills desperately needs to add a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and Influence people" to his reading list  (if he has one).

I don’t know if I can hate on Will for this. We cry “mental health, mental health” today but it’s paid lip service in a lot of these areas (military, paramilitary organizations) If it wasn’t and isn’t being handled sufficiently than William has every right to call it out exactly as he experienced it.

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8164 on: March 08, 2019, 01:09:19 AM »

William needs to buy pants with an extra inch in the inseam.  These aren't the style of pants you can wear cropped.

Wills desperately needs to add a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and Influence people" to his reading list  (if he has one).

I don’t know if I can hate on Will for this. We cry “mental health, mental health” today but it’s paid lip service in a lot of these areas (military, paramilitary organizations) If it wasn’t and isn’t being handled sufficiently than William has every right to call it out exactly as he experienced it.

My problem with William is exemplified by emphatic statements such as "never once in the process...".  William's military training was never going to be the same as every other soldier's.  He was not being trained to be a career soldier and go to the front and risk his life and take other lives.  And he should know this.   Yes, I am sure that the training about the mental issues is deficient in some respects and when administered by some trainers, but William was always going to be a toy soldier and his experiences are the experiences of the future king and therefore not experiences from which a lot of meaningful information can be gleaned about the experiences of the majority.   I would pay more attention to what Harry has to say about these matters.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8165 on: March 08, 2019, 01:21:40 AM »

IMVHO William never should have been allowed to join the military...at least FT.  Hear me out during his three summers in college he should have undertook "training" with each main branch (Army, Navy, Air Force).  Following his graduation from St. Andrew's he should have undertaken diplomatic training (a la FCO Fast Stream) and at 25 (2007) he should have started being a FT royal.  His military stuff post St. Andrew's should had been limited to the reserves.

Also he should have been strongly encouraged to do a degree in something like Law, International Relations, etc.  Art History then Geography are odd major choices for a future HOS.  I also think that dating a "working royal" may have helped Kate* truly understand what her married life would have been like.  Yes, they're both getting better but William's schedule is still weak and he didn't become are "working royal" until 35 (a decade after what I would have wanted). 

*She's far better than some (and the last year has been her best) but at the end of the day I doubt she'll ever be a heavy hitter (like Anne) and probably would have been happier married to someone rich without the duties.  William being fake military and then Air Ambulance didn't give her the full picture...IMVHO.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8166 on: March 08, 2019, 01:51:28 AM »

IMVHO William never should have been allowed to join the military...at least FT.  Hear me out during his three summers in college he should have undertook "training" with each main branch (Army, Navy, Air Force).  Following his graduation from St. Andrew's he should have undertaken diplomatic training (a la FCO Fast Stream) and at 25 (2007) he should have started being a FT royal.  His military stuff post St. Andrew's should had been limited to the reserves.

Also he should have been strongly encouraged to do a degree in something like Law, International Relations, etc.  Art History then Geography are odd major choices for a future HOS.  I also think that dating a "working royal" may have helped Kate* truly understand what her married life would have been like.  Yes, they're both getting better but William's schedule is still weak and he didn't become are "working royal" until 35 (a decade after what I would have wanted). 

*She's far better than some (and the last year has been her best) but at the end of the day I doubt she'll ever be a heavy hitter (like Anne) and probably would have been happier married to someone rich without the duties.  William being fake military and then Air Ambulance didn't give her the full picture...IMVHO.

I don't think William would have had the academic ability to enrol in Law etc. Your thoughts re his preparation for adult life and royal duties is on the mark. He has been allowed to play at what he wanted to do. But then - his father is still waiting for his "job" - how many heirs do you need on the sidelines ? I don't get a sense that William has any causes that he has a real passion for or even an interest in. His father does and worked hard to advance and support them over many years. I see the "mental health" platform as being an extension of "poor me - my mother died when I was young". It is his "get out of jail card" for anything - to enable him to do what he wants, and to excuse him from any responsibility that he does not want to take on. The BRF did him - and his brother - no favours - they should have been told to grow up and get on with it a long long time ago.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8167 on: March 08, 2019, 02:41:11 AM »

IMVHO William never should have been allowed to join the military...at least FT.  Hear me out during his three summers in college he should have undertook "training" with each main branch (Army, Navy, Air Force).  Following his graduation from St. Andrew's he should have undertaken diplomatic training (a la FCO Fast Stream) and at 25 (2007) he should have started being a FT royal.  His military stuff post St. Andrew's should had been limited to the reserves.

Also he should have been strongly encouraged to do a degree in something like Law, International Relations, etc.  Art History then Geography are odd major choices for a future HOS.  I also think that dating a "working royal" may have helped Kate* truly understand what her married life would have been like.  Yes, they're both getting better but William's schedule is still weak and he didn't become are "working royal" until 35 (a decade after what I would have wanted).  

*She's far better than some (and the last year has been her best) but at the end of the day I doubt she'll ever be a heavy hitter (like Anne) and probably would have been happier married to someone rich without the duties.  William being fake military and then Air Ambulance didn't give her the full picture...IMVHO.

I don't think William would have had the academic ability to enrol in Law etc. Your thoughts re his preparation for adult life and royal duties is on the mark. He has been allowed to play at what he wanted to do. But then - his father is still waiting for his "job" - how many heirs do you need on the sidelines ? I don't get a sense that William has any causes that he has a real passion for or even an interest in. His father does and worked hard to advance and support them over many years. I see the "mental health" platform as being an extension of "poor me - my mother died when I was young". It is his "get out of jail card" for anything - to enable him to do what he wants, and to excuse him from any responsibility that he does not want to take on. The BRF did him - and his brother - no favours - they should have been told to grow up and get on with it a long long time ago.

Star Star  One for each of you.

Though Charles is still waiting for the top job, he has made being Prince of Wales a job in itself, and an important one, while he's been in it, and he's worked  hard at it and achieved a lot.  He has carved out a niche for himself, and I don't see any evidence that William has done the same, or even really tried.  Yes, Charles' situation was different in that it was clear that he would be Prince of Wales for many years and needed to find productive and meaningful ways to spend his time, and it probably won't be long at all till William steps up to the next rung on the ladder.  However he could, and should IMO, have started doing something concrete five years ago, but he just seems to have been pfaffing around doing busy work.  I feel he should have made more of an effort.  He hasn't shown any inclination to step into his father's shoes with the Prince's Trust, etc., which would have been a sensible succession plan, but he wants to do his own thing.  Problem is, his thing doesn't amount to much.  
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8168 on: March 08, 2019, 03:02:17 AM »

I have to laugh the way people say they’ll change once they’re the heir couple.  They’re already mid-30s...what we see is who they are it’s not like some switch get flips when the Queen dies. 

And the way William says he can’t do more because his 90 something year old grandparents do so much is such bull.  If he had started at 25 (like I wanted) they would have been only 81 & 86...well past retirement age. 

If QEII has the longevity of her mother QEQM then William could easily be 45 before becoming the heir and any radical changes will be very unlikely.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8169 on: March 08, 2019, 03:25:02 AM »

Star Margaret and Oh_Caroline

They'll start as they mean to go on. Nothing will change. You can't change a person's work ethic and they won't change because why is there any impetus to do so?

I never understood why they were allowed to wait so long before becoming working royals. Excuse after excuse was made, and will still be made, as to why they can't or won't work hard. They'll pull more out of a hat, especially William.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8170 on: March 08, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »

William held a Duchy meeting yesterday. He seems to holding more of those  Thinking

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8171 on: March 08, 2019, 01:36:05 PM »

1 March 2019
Kensington Palace
* The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called upon The Duke of Cambridge this morning.
* The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

4 March 2019
* The Duke of Cambridge visited the Foreign Office to open The Mayhew Theatre, a new learning facility in the Diplomatic Academy building. Received by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt

05 March 2019
* The President of the Republic of Cyprus called upon The Prince of Wales this morning. The Duke of Cambridge was present.
* The Queen gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace this morning to mark the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales.

6 March 2019
• The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Blackpool Tower, Promenade, Blackpool, and attended a discussion on the challenges and opportunities in the town, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Lancashir.
•  Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited two properties in Kirby Road, Blackpool, to see the efforts being made to improve the quality of housing in the town.
• The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon attended Roundtable Meetings on community-led programmes at Blackpool Library, Queen Street, Blackpool.
• The Duchess will continue her work on early childhood and join people involved in Blackpool’s ‘A Better Start’ programme, including health visitors, practitioners from the Family Nurse Partnership, and parents.
• Their Royal Highnesses later visited a Blackpool Better Start programme at Revoe Park, Blackpool.

7 March, 2019
*The Duke of Cambridge this morning held a Duchy of Cornwall Meeting at Kensington Palace.
*His Royal Highness later received a briefing on the Royal Foundation United for Wildlife IWT Transport and Financial Taskforces.

Met a foreign dignitary and a dutchy meeting in the same week?! I'm in disbelief.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:46:00 PM by Eliza B » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8172 on: March 08, 2019, 01:45:29 PM »

This week is actually what I wished he'd do very week of the school year (a bit better than my plan actually which was 4 days and 2 engagements each day).  Now what I'd really like is a photographer (or two) in each household.  It could easily be an internship but this person would take photographs of the meeting and receiving stuff that the royal rota doesn't cover (or isn't invited to cover).  Think of a royal version of the POTUS, FLOTUS, and VPOTUS photographers.  Heck even a videographer (like the Queen's cameraman) for both Charles and William would be great.

https://vimeo.com/150349124
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8173 on: March 08, 2019, 01:47:56 PM »

This week is actually what I wished he'd do very week of the school year (a bit better than my plan actually which was 4 days and 2 engagements each day).  Now what I'd really like is a photographer (or two) in each household.  It could easily be an internship but this person would take photographs of the meeting and receiving stuff that the royal rota doesn't cover (or isn't invited to cover).  Think of a royal version of the POTUS, FLOTUS, and VPOTUS photographers.  Heck even a videographer (like the Queen's cameraman) for both Charles and William would be great.

https://vimeo.com/150349124

The Swedes do this well too.  Theres at least 1 photo posted on their website for each event. If it's a meeting it's just the group at the table. Obviously the photographer isn't in the way because it's a one and done shot.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8174 on: March 08, 2019, 03:48:20 PM »

1 March 2019
Kensington Palace
* The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan called upon The Duke of Cambridge this morning.
* The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

4 March 2019
* The Duke of Cambridge visited the Foreign Office to open The Mayhew Theatre, a new learning facility in the Diplomatic Academy building. Received by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt

05 March 2019
* The President of the Republic of Cyprus called upon The Prince of Wales this morning. The Duke of Cambridge was present.
* The Queen gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace this morning to mark the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales.

6 March 2019
• The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Blackpool Tower, Promenade, Blackpool, and attended a discussion on the challenges and opportunities in the town, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Lancashir.
•  Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited two properties in Kirby Road, Blackpool, to see the efforts being made to improve the quality of housing in the town.
• The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon attended Roundtable Meetings on community-led programmes at Blackpool Library, Queen Street, Blackpool.
• The Duchess will continue her work on early childhood and join people involved in Blackpool’s ‘A Better Start’ programme, including health visitors, practitioners from the Family Nurse Partnership, and parents.
• Their Royal Highnesses later visited a Blackpool Better Start programme at Revoe Park, Blackpool.

7 March, 2019
*The Duke of Cambridge this morning held a Duchy of Cornwall Meeting at Kensington Palace.
*His Royal Highness later received a briefing on the Royal Foundation United for Wildlife IWT Transport and Financial Taskforces.

Met a foreign dignitary and a dutchy meeting in the same week?! I'm in disbelief.

He's worked five out of the past seven days?? I'm shocked. I would love to see him keep up this pace. If his father and aunts and uncles can, it's time he stepped up too.
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 579   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: