Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 581   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1719835 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #8580 on: August 23, 2019, 07:46:01 PM »

Guessing we won't see his brother at Heads Together events anymore and that HT remains with the Cambridge's foundation.
 Thinking

As it should. I thought the company line was that HT was a Kate brainwave.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8581 on: August 23, 2019, 09:22:33 PM »

The royal team talk programme was actually really good and well considered, so I have high hopes for the documentary

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8582 on: August 23, 2019, 10:22:46 PM »

This sort of thing I think will "smash the stigma" more than their silly, borderline insulting speeches about mental health (well, depression and maybe anxiety, because they aren't going any further).
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #8583 on: August 25, 2019, 12:39:53 AM »

I have high hopes for this.
Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the UK. Yet the proportion of males who seek help for their mental health struggles is incredibly lower. Maybe this is due to the popular idea that seeking help or admitting you need help is a sign of weakness or "unmanly", an idea perpetuated by centuries of society enforcing such ideas on masculinity.
Football is the most popular sport supported by males in the UK, and with that there's a supposed ideal of what a man is; one of a tough guy who can take knocks, he won't cry etc (unless it's relegation day in which male football fans are quite happy to openly weep).
So I think targeting this vulnerable and under-represented area could really do a lot of good, even save lives.
The statistics from the text service Speak Up founded by the Heads Together (I think that's right?) foundation has already had a high degree of use in the UK, showing its success and the ability of the Cambridges to be involved in a successful initiative.
Wills and Kate are taking on a very big but important mission in raising awareness about mental health and trying to break the stigma. It won't be an overnight success, but little steps in the right direction will do wonders, and genuinely will save lives.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8584 on: August 25, 2019, 01:19:13 AM »

We also focus so much on women's issues, which is understandable, but at a neglect of the men in our lives telling them they should be listened to, loved, and feel worthy. That we forget men also suffer depression, anxiety, abuse, and we must work at that too if we want an equal society where we respect and look after everyone in our lives not just certain people.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8585 on: August 27, 2019, 04:04:29 PM »

The Duke of Cambridge, @FA President, will visit @HendonFC on Friday 6th September to learn more the clubís mental health outreach initiatives, as part of the #HeadsUp campaign ⚽️

About flippin time.

Apart from the regatta, W&K haven't worked since June.

Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8586 on: August 27, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »

The Duke of Cambridge, @FA President, will visit @HendonFC on Friday 6th September to learn more the clubís mental health outreach initiatives, as part of the #HeadsUp campaign ⚽️

About flippin time.

Apart from the regatta, W&K haven't worked since June.

ITA.  Though to be completely accurate he did a few things the first half of July.  First day of school is Thursday the 5th so an engagement on the 6th is the best I expected.  Hopefully Kate will start back the week after.
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8587 on: August 27, 2019, 04:45:09 PM »

We also focus so much on women's issues, which is understandable, but at a neglect of the men in our lives telling them they should be listened to, loved, and feel worthy. That we forget men also suffer depression, anxiety, abuse, and we must work at that too if we want an equal society where we respect and look after everyone in our lives not just certain people.

Star
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8588 on: September 01, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »

On Monday 9th September - #999Day - The Duke of Cambridge will visit The Fire Fighters Charity @Firefighters999ís Harcombe House centre in Devon to hear about the support that it provides to members of the UKís fire and rescue services and their families.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8589 on: September 04, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »

The Duke of Cambridge, @BAFTA President, will visit BAFTA Piccadilly on Monday 16th September to officially open their new public venue, and launch BAFTA: Behind the Screens, a public exhibition celebrating the craft and work behind BAFTA-winning and nominated productions. 🎭

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8590 on: September 04, 2019, 06:23:13 PM »

I love that he is actually doing BAFTA related stuff. I hope it's to snub Meghan because I'm petty like that and I know William is. Remember when he refused to do anything BAFTA related? There's gotta be a reason now!
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #8591 on: September 05, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »

Good to see that he's on to some things this month! He has to have at least two engagements each week, he is doing better than before but he needs to step up his game.

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8592 on: September 05, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »

Good to see that he's on to some things this month! He has to have at least two engagements each week, he is doing better than before but he needs to step up his game.

Basically with Will and Kate it's like with a flummi ball...Up and Down and Up and Down.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8593 on: September 05, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »

Basically with Will and Kate it's like with a flummi ball...Up and Down and Up and Down.
If he does 3 engagments a week same as Kate that would be fantastic! The monarchy needs good things to hope for.
LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8594 on: September 05, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »

If he does 3 engagments a week same as Kate that would be fantastic! The monarchy needs good things to hope for.

3 solid engagement days per week would be a good number for them right now. I would like the family to change to reporting a calendar of some sort including private meetings (don't have to say who with) so we could get a better sense of the work they do. More accountability.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 581   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: