Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1963055 times)
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9225 on: June 22, 2020, 12:40:42 AM »

It seems that she is referred to, in public at least, as Catherine by William. That said I remember when they visited Norway the Royal Family's presents to them include jumpers which were labelled up and one was labelled as "Kate", which seems a little odd given how close the RF of Norway are believed to be to the British.
Maybe informally, in private, she still uses Kate. Certainly Queen Catherine seems more regal than Queen Kate.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9226 on: June 22, 2020, 01:30:11 AM »

KP just released the photos, taken by Kate earlier this month in Norfolk. The swing they're on is W&K's wedding swing that is rumored to be a gift from Charles. I think we first saw it in George's birthday photos a few years ago

LOL!  Happy Birthday, William.  And Happy Father's Day.   

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Prince William!!  Doggy Doggy
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9227 on: June 22, 2020, 02:54:49 AM »

I thought she always went by Catherine and Kate was what the press called her cause it was familiar and led to Waity Katie and all that. If Norway gave her a present with Kate on the label I bet that was an aide who thought she was writing a card in an appropriate way as if the Norwegian royals would call her that.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9228 on: June 22, 2020, 03:19:38 AM »

If she went by Kate in her younger days I would think her family would still refer to her as such, and in private Will would call her that. Catherine of course is more formal and better used with titles.

Question for those who will know - The Queen has her government boxes each day, as does Prince Charles. Does Will get boxes yet? I ask because he must be ready to take over as PoW when Charles becomes King.  It seems to follow that as he is being made ready to take over the Duchy is should be made ready to become PoW.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9229 on: June 22, 2020, 03:34:31 AM »

According to this (https://royalcentral.co.u...-government-papers-56675/) he started receiving access to certain documents in late 2015.  It claims that Charles has received thing like cabinet minutes, other documents,  and memorandum since the early--mid 2000s.  It sounds like William receives less than Charles does...which considering he's not the heir (yet) sounds very logical.  It's giving him a taste but also maintaining boundaries and limits.

IMO at this stage it's more appropriate for him to be doing the standard royal stuff and then as the 2nd in line be involved in the Duchy of Cornwall.  I have liked how they seem to be stepping up his diplomatic duties both at home and abroad.  Makes sense for his age and position.  IIRC Charles having access was borderline scandalous but makes some sense as the heir and as he's filling in more and more for the Queen.  William isn't there yet...his role is to fill in for Charles.
missthing

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #9230 on: June 22, 2020, 05:53:02 PM »

KP just released the photos, taken by Kate earlier this month in Norfolk. The swing they're on is W&K's wedding swing that is rumored to be a gift from Charles. I think we first saw it in George's birthday photos a few years ago

A little o/t but I wonder how tall Charlotte will end up being? She’s got some long legs!
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9231 on: June 22, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »

The Norfolk house seems like a paradise for a child, swimming pool, tennis courts and ponies to ride. That Lou is so handsome and he has changed so much, even since his birthday photos.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9232 on: June 22, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

According to this (https://royalcentral.co.u...-government-papers-56675/) he started receiving access to certain documents in late 2015.  It claims that Charles has received thing like cabinet minutes, other documents,  and memorandum since the early--mid 2000s.  It sounds like William receives less than Charles does...which considering he's not the heir (yet) sounds very logical.  It's giving him a taste but also maintaining boundaries and limits.

IMO at this stage it's more appropriate for him to be doing the standard royal stuff and then as the 2nd in line be involved in the Duchy of Cornwall.  I have liked how they seem to be stepping up his diplomatic duties both at home and abroad.  Makes sense for his age and position.  IIRC Charles having access was borderline scandalous but makes some sense as the heir and as he's filling in more and more for the Queen.  William isn't there yet...his role is to fill in for Charles.

Thanks OC. From what I understood, Charles is not receiving everything the Queen does, but that may be changing. I'm guessing William does not see that much as yet. But I think it a good thing for Will to get into the swing of 'doing the boxes' as HM puts it, each day. Along with that, the boxes are a good object lesson for George, to know they arrive and see his Dad going through them. I hope he's had a peek at his great granny and his grandpa doing the same.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9233 on: June 22, 2020, 08:14:27 PM »

https://www.vanityfair.co...ince-william-relationship

Given that there have been rumors in the past that Charles was unhappy he didn’t get to see enough of the Cambridges, Charles has made a point of factoring more family time into his diary and it has paid off. “It has meant that their relationship has become much closer,” said a source close to Charles.

William has publicly spoken about wanting his father to slow down, and in an interview two years ago to mark Charles 70th birthday admitted, “I would like him to have more time with the children… to, you know, play around with the grandchildren. When he's there, he's brilliant, but we need him there as much as possible.”

It seems Charles has taken his son’s words to heart. Friends say he sees the Cambridges more than ever, though it is not known whether he got to see the family over the weekend, as he hoped. The closeness is a relief for Charles, who has at points over the decades, had a challenging relationship with his oldest son.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9234 on: June 22, 2020, 09:14:26 PM »

Thanks OC. From what I understood, Charles is not receiving everything the Queen does, but that may be changing. I'm guessing William does not see that much as yet. But I think it a good thing for Will to get into the swing of 'doing the boxes' as HM puts it, each day. Along with that, the boxes are a good object lesson for George, to know they arrive and see his Dad going through them. I hope he's had a peek at his great granny and his grandpa doing the same.

IMO, Charles began receiving the exact same information/intelligence that HM receives, a few years ago. It’s clear that control of the monarchy is in transition/flux and has been for some time. Charles not having access to information HM is privy to, would be a disservice to the monarchy, the monarch and the government; especially considering HM’s advancing age and her inevitable death.   It would not be smart to have Charles be uninformed on matters facing the nation when HM passes and he ascends.

I also believe that William has much more access to and is privy to far more information than Charles did at this age. At a minimum, IMO, William has acting heir access to such information even though he is not technically heir yet.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #9235 on: June 24, 2020, 11:06:07 PM »

Today, William visited the Oxford Vaccine Group today to learn about the progress made in protecting people against coronavirus. Oxford researchers have developed a vaccine with clinical trials currently underway to establish whether the vaccine generates immunity in humans.

Yesterday, he had a video call with members from the AstraZeneca-Oxford partnership to hear the science and innovation at the heart of the global response to the pandemic. https://www.youtube.com/w...qhok&feature=youtu.be
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9236 on: June 25, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »

I thought she always went by Catherine and Kate was what the press called her cause it was familiar and led to Waity Katie and all that.

Once you have a name with the British press it sticks. The Daily Mail often still refers to her as "Kate Middleton" which is a bit absurd.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9237 on: June 25, 2020, 07:07:04 PM »

https://www.tusk.org/news...rtner-conservation-forum/

William joins Tusk Forum via video chat.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9238 on: June 25, 2020, 07:20:06 PM »

I thought she always went by Catherine and Kate was what the press called her cause it was familiar and led to Waity Katie and all that.

Once you have a name with the British press it sticks. The Daily Mail often still refers to her as "Kate Middleton" which is a bit absurd.

I can remember Diana being referred to as Diana Spencer or Lady Di long after the wedding. I don't expect things will change anytime soon.

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9239 on: June 27, 2020, 05:26:50 PM »

https://twitter.com/tusk_.../1276848187454754828?s=21

Williams video thank you to those working and supporting TUSK.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: