Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1988767 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9315 on: September 11, 2020, 02:12:06 AM »

We have already started to see these sorts of visits ... and not only from William and Catherine but also from Sophie, Edward, Charles and Camilla.

The Future Engagements page of the Royal Family website has no engagements listed for the rest of the year, as of now (just checked to see if any had been put up). For many weeks they were putting up engagements saying that xxxx would no longer be visiting but now not even that is happening.

I do expect that the four 'young royals' and the three younger 70+ will continue to get out and about to organisations but no announcements made so no crowds gathering.

I suspect that the idea of the mass crowds that we used to see will be a thing of the past until either this vaccine dies down to being totally manageable or there is a vaccine with a high enough uptake ... either of those I suspect are still some years into the future.
Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9316 on: September 11, 2020, 03:42:53 AM »

CC Thursday:

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Earthshot Prize Meeting.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9317 on: September 11, 2020, 04:06:13 AM »

Like I said - normal royal events are gone forever. No more walkabouts, no more crowds, no nothing. I wonder how the monarchy will garner support in that respect - these ways of connection, and of diplomacy through tours, are gone. The magic vaccine will not be enough.

We could have gone on with our normal lives of course (as we did during H1N1 and indeed in the 50s and 60s) but the mass hysteria took over instead.

I can only imagine when HM or Philip pass away in the next few years. No funerals. No public events regarding it. No Coronation, either. Oh well.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9318 on: September 11, 2020, 06:01:37 AM »

Ellie I love you but 90s should not Go on walkabouts.
 as far as you know all the balcony visit everybody have been checked for everything now that may continue to be that way in future
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9319 on: September 11, 2020, 06:34:44 AM »

Like I said - normal royal events are gone forever. No more walkabouts, no more crowds, no nothing. I wonder how the monarchy will garner support in that respect - these ways of connection, and of diplomacy through tours, are gone. The magic vaccine will not be enough.

We could have gone on with our normal lives of course (as we did during H1N1 and indeed in the 50s and 60s) but the mass hysteria took over instead.

I can only imagine when HM or Philip pass away in the next few years. No funerals. No public events regarding it. No Coronation, either. Oh well.

Unless they die within the year they will likely still be able to hold a normal funeral and coronation - or at least the virus won't be the reasons (they are already starting to talk about having concerts and festivals next year, and sports has already returned with limited spectators in the US).

What will likely put a stop to it will be the people who (rightfully) don't see the need for a monarchy and all the trappings when people are starving. You're going to be hard pressed to find people who are going to want to pay for rich people to flaunt money that doesn't belong to them when the economy is about to tank.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9320 on: September 11, 2020, 06:46:22 AM »

Ellie I love you but 90s should not Go on walkabouts.
 as far as you know all the balcony visit everybody have been checked for everything now that may continue to be that way in future

Oh, no, I just mean like the younger set. I think a lot of that is, well, gone now. Perhaps for good.

It will be... interesting and tragic to see what will come of all this considering UNICEF suggests hundreds of millions will be starving in the next year due to lockdowns. It's not like there will be any kind of economic recovery - I suspect it will be worse than the Great Depression. And if monarchies in general cannot be seen as a unifying force - if they can't take advantage of, example, promoting themselves as being of the people and with you all the way, it'll be swept out with the straw probably. It makes me wonder more about monarchies like Spain where things are far more tenuous - despite my thinking Felipe has been an excellent head of state. Or how I think William, shockingly, would be a good head of state one day - if he makes it there. (I can't imagine saying this about the guy but he's done well since Louis has been around, I think that baby made everyone happy and settled!)

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9321 on: September 11, 2020, 03:09:32 PM »

Great to see William out and about. I hope to see his wife out soon. Perhaps this will finally be the time they start visiting more places in the UK on mini-tours to highlight some of the regions that don't often get highlighted. And maybe bring the children with them sometimes when its appropriate to do so.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9322 on: September 11, 2020, 09:17:42 PM »

I'm not surprised Kate is keeping a low profile atm, the children will only have started back to school in the last week and given they have been off school since March its only fair she take some time to make sure they are settled before starting back on duties.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9323 on: September 11, 2020, 10:39:53 PM »

As I recall she didn't have any activities on her 2019 calendar for the first week of school and this is the week that they'd have returned to in-person instruction after an absence of several months.

https://www.gov.uk/govern...-for-full-opening-schools
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9324 on: September 11, 2020, 10:50:56 PM »

In the U.K. at least, Covid 19 has had a more deadly impact than H1N1 did so I understand why there has been these precautions taken (I donít agree with the mess that has been taking the U.K. out of lockdown but thatís another story). And with the Royals meant to be upstanding citizens itís right that they have had to face the same restrictions like the rest of the country.

But I do wonder when or indeed if will go back to normal. How much impact are these Zoom calls having when less people see them compared to a walkabout or a official engagement?
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9325 on: September 11, 2020, 11:49:16 PM »

In the U.K. at least, Covid 19 has had a more deadly impact than H1N1 did so I understand why there has been these precautions taken (I donít agree with the mess that has been taking the U.K. out of lockdown but thatís another story). And with the Royals meant to be upstanding citizens itís right that they have had to face the same restrictions like the rest of the country.

But I do wonder when or indeed if will go back to normal. How much impact are these Zoom calls having when less people see them compared to a walkabout or a official engagement?

Good points Tsarinya!  Star

I heard Dr. Fauci, an epidemiologist, say today that, even if thereís a vaccine this year (which I doubt), life wonít really return to normal until the latter half of 2021.  

Isnít it awful how Covid has put us all, Royal or not, on the same sucky playing field? 
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9326 on: September 12, 2020, 12:57:00 AM »

I heard Dr. Fauci, an epidemiologist, say today that, even if thereís a vaccine this year (which I doubt), life wonít really return to normal until the latter half of 2021.  

Isnít it awful how Covid has put us all, Royal or not, on the same sucky playing field? 

This is really very depressing.  I trust Dr. Fauci so Iím sure heís saying what he believes is true.  But another year of this??  Iíll go nuts! 
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9327 on: September 12, 2020, 03:08:41 AM »

I'm not surprised Kate is keeping a low profile atm, the children will only have started back to school in the last week and given they have been off school since March its only fair she take some time to make sure they are settled before starting back on duties.

ITA with you.
From my friends who are parents, they've said that seeing their kids go off to school again is as emotional as seeing them go off for the first time, and in the interests of the kids they've have expressed a desire to keep a healthy routine for their kids in this period of relative transition. Not that I'm complaining but I'm surprised at Wills travelling this week, though one parent at home is better than none.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9328 on: September 12, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1304705559279497216?s=21

Video

To every single football club and fan that has helped those affected by the pandemic: thank you.

The support you have given to your communities this year is a true testament to the spirit of football in this country.

#PLKickOff
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #9329 on: September 12, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »

This is really very depressing.  I trust Dr. Fauci so Iím sure heís saying what he believes is true.  But another year of this??  Iíll go nuts! 

Another year, yeah I'll go nuts, but at the same time it's a little comforting to see an "end" date.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: