Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 640   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2148057 times)
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #9390 on: November 02, 2020, 02:23:24 AM »

I wonder that this never leaked before - does it mean that b and sil werenít informed.  I can only imagine the payday had they known and been able to tearfully inform the press about their worries (ďbecause weíre still so close of courseĒ).
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9391 on: November 02, 2020, 02:35:04 AM »

^Exactly why they were not told.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9392 on: November 02, 2020, 02:35:59 AM »

I'm glad the news was not released at the time.
As it was, my heart sank when I learned Charles was ill - there were a lot of unknowns with the virus at that time and the natural chain of succession started to appear more frail than formerly.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9393 on: November 02, 2020, 02:42:44 AM »

You know what? Iím going against the grain here.

Something isnít adding up with this at all...

Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9394 on: November 02, 2020, 03:13:19 AM »

When the government pushes another unpopular lockdown (where a lot of the data was basically over-reacting with no basis in reality and the PM's party is wanting to revolt against him), I'm not surprised they'd maybe pull in William - who is close to BoJo - to say, take it seriously and stay home while we're privileged and can shelter-in-place in our massive mansion in Norfolk! I'm cynical.

William won't have much of a monarchy if this civil unrest, lockdowns et al, continue much longer I don't think. The economic fallout is going to be disastrous, like nothing we have ever seen, and we have done it to ourselves needlessly.

I don't doubt he had it. A lot of us have. In the end loads of us will, because it's an endemic virus. The WHO estimated about 750m globally have, which brings the fatality rate to about 0.13%. The flu. (Though clearly, far worse for the very old and very sick already, and some people get unlucky, like one does with flu sometimes. Flu is awful. I was in the hospital for it years ago. Get flu shots!) I had an antibody test done; I had it, probably my strange illness in January where no one could figure out precisely what was going on. I had a cough for a month.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9395 on: November 02, 2020, 03:29:29 AM »

When the government pushes another unpopular lockdown (where a lot of the data was basically over-reacting with no basis in reality and the PM's party is wanting to revolt against him), I'm not surprised they'd maybe pull in William - who is close to BoJo - to say, take it seriously and stay home while we're privileged and can shelter-in-place in our massive mansion in Norfolk! I'm cynical.

William won't have much of a monarchy if this civil unrest, lockdowns et al, continue much longer I don't think. The economic fallout is going to be disastrous, like nothing we have ever seen, and we have done it to ourselves needlessly.

I don't doubt he had it. A lot of us have. In the end loads of us will, because it's an endemic virus. The WHO estimated about 750m globally have, which brings the fatality rate to about 0.13%. The flu. (Though clearly, far worse for the very old and very sick already, and some people get unlucky, like one does with flu sometimes. Flu is awful. I was in the hospital for it years ago. Get flu shots!) I had an antibody test done; I had it, probably my strange illness in January where no one could figure out precisely what was going on. I had a cough for a month.

The conversation about numbers, shutdowns, and the economic fall out doesnít really belong here.

However, if William tested positive in April, and you are supposed to quarantine alone for two weeks from your first positive test, how was he doing events with Kate, who didnít have it, on April 17th?

Who did he get it from?

And why lie about it for so long?

Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9396 on: November 02, 2020, 03:45:44 AM »

That is sketchy. I didn't recall they did public events in April, I thought it was all on Zoom. If he was supposedly sick - actively ill or not - you should be home (flu, covid, whatever!). Why wouldn't he cancel? Is it just made up to sort of promote the idea of 'this is dangerous stay home'? I think it could be. We know William is close to BoJo.

lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #9397 on: November 02, 2020, 03:51:12 AM »

The conversation about numbers, shutdowns, and the economic fall out doesnít really belong here.

However, if William tested positive in April, and you are supposed to quarantine alone for two weeks from your first positive test, how was he doing events with Kate, who didnít have it, on April 17th?

Who did he get it from?

He didn't lie, he just didn't announce it.  It's not like anyone asked and he denied it. And it slipped out in conversation today so they confirmed it.
Also, there are more than 14 days between April 1 and April 17. And considering he said he had it at around the same time as Charles and Johnson, that means he tested positive at the very beginning of April.

Oh and all his events until the summer were on zoom. So it's not like he was infecting anyone.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9398 on: November 02, 2020, 04:10:11 AM »

I keep thinking of the address the Queen made marking the 75th anniversary of VE Day. She used the spirit of VE Day and the unity in working together to defeat the enemy to inspire hope during the current pandemic. Her words seem even more bittersweet, knowing now that she was certainly thinking of her son and grandson who were suffering at that time.

It seems a strange time to announce it, but I respect William's decision. I think had he announced it back then the media would have just been unbearable and made a bad situation even worse. Certainly the spirit of "keep calm and carry on", a wartime slogan, seems to have been adopted by Wills. Perhaps he has inherited some of the "no fuss please" from his grandfather and aunt in more ways than we may suspect.

Either way, I hope that he has fully recovered, and that his isolation from his wife and children was concluded by lots of love and family time.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9399 on: November 02, 2020, 04:19:44 AM »

That is sketchy. I didn't recall they did public events in April, I thought it was all on Zoom. If he was supposedly sick - actively ill or not - you should be home (flu, covid, whatever!). Why wouldn't he cancel? Is it just made up to sort of promote the idea of 'this is dangerous stay home'? I think it could be. We know William is close to BoJo.

The UK protocol was to isolate at home for 7 days if diagnosed and he didn't do any engagements for the 7 days from the 9th - 15th April. From the 9th April until the end of the month he only does solo engagements. He is seen in public with his family on the 23rd at the Clap for Carers after his appearance with Stephen Fry. What engagements he did do in April were all virtual - via phone or video.

14 days from the 9th is 22nd so his family could have been isolated from him for the required 14 days while he did his personal 7 day isolation as per British protocols at the time - 7 days for the person diagnosed and 14 days for anyone living with that person.

Other countries had different protocols but that was the British at the time.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9400 on: November 02, 2020, 04:24:24 AM »

William and Kate were together...

March...3rd-5th (Ireland), 9th (Commonwealth Day), and 19th (Ambulance visit)

April...1st (telephone calls to hospitals), 8th (zoom call to school), 17th (BBC interview), 23rd (Clap for Carers skit as a family), and for the pasta thing in late April.

The only possible time would be between the Ambulance visit and the first zoom call...if they did the phone calls from separate rooms.  Damn lucky that Kate wasn't also infected considering she had contact with both Charles and William...or have they just chosen against releasing that.

His intentions may have been good but this has the very real potential of affecting the trust that people have in him (or even them) and once trust is lost it's hard to regain.  The royal reporters are going at this like crazy.  His own experience, plus that of others, should have taught him that the press can either make you God like or make your life a living hell.  Right now this is headlined as "Prince William tested positive in April" but can easily switch to the more negative "Prince William hid COVID diagnose"...and that negative spin on things is the last the the BRF needs.

This was always going to make waves and now William just needs to hope he chose the right ones.

Update...just reread the Sun article and noticed that everything is based off of him telling someone at a recent engagement he had it and then sources.  KP has yet to comment and probably won’t be happy about how blown up this has become.  Now I’m even less happy with how this was handled because it wasn’t handled at all and it’s only because of his big mouth that we know anything.  Oddly, this reminds me of how they won’t release Lupo’s name because of privacy and then Kate told someone on an engagement.  Jesus wept.  Privacy and secrecy are two different things and KP might want to learn the difference.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 04:40:17 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9401 on: November 02, 2020, 04:33:34 AM »

The UK protocol was to isolate at home for 7 days if diagnosed and he didn't do any engagements for the 7 days from the 9th - 15th April. From the 9th April until the end of the month he only does solo engagements. He is seen in public with his family on the 23rd at the Clap for Carers after his appearance with Stephen Fry. What engagements he did do in April were all virtual - via phone or video.

14 days from the 9th is 22nd so his family could have been isolated from him for the required 14 days while he did his personal 7 day isolation as per British protocols at the time - 7 days for the person diagnosed and 14 days for anyone living with that person.

Other countries had different protocols but that was the British at the time.

That makes sense. In the US now I have read it is more along the lines of one week, versus two - I think it was the idea that it incubates far longer than it does. I'm of the opinion no matter what you're sick with, stay home and get better.

I've read a study where it's actually maybe a 1/4 chance of getting it from an infected family member. Most transmission is within households. I had it and nobody else in my house got sick but that was before we knew what it was, though. Everyone else I know who has had it were the only people in their household to get ill, too. They all had the sniffles while I was sicker.

GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9402 on: November 02, 2020, 05:04:47 AM »

Who did he get it from?

He didn't lie, he just didn't announce it.  It's not like anyone asked and he denied it. And it slipped out in conversation today so they confirmed it.
Also, there are more than 14 days between April 1 and April 17. And considering he said he had it at around the same time as Charles and Johnson, that means he tested positive at the very beginning of April.

Oh and all his events until the summer were on zoom. So it's not like he was infecting anyone.

You will find that, in a court of law, a lie of omission is still a lie. Itís an intentional withholding of relevant information.

He was at the NHS, maskless in late March. He held a zoom event on the 17th with Kate, maskless.

Thatís a three week window for him to be infected, test positive, quarantine, have trouble breathing to the point staffers were worried, and then have two negative tests to be cleared to be released from quarantine. Oh, and not infect his wife, kids, or staffers.

Either someone, somewhere is lying, or William had the fastest incubation of this disease and managed to miraculously not to pass it on to any one he is supposedly in close quarters with.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9403 on: November 02, 2020, 05:07:31 AM »

William and Kate were together...

March...3rd-5th (Ireland), 9th (Commonwealth Day), and 19th (Ambulance visit)

April...1st (telephone calls to hospitals), 8th (zoom call to school), 17th (BBC interview), 23rd (Clap for Carers skit as a family), and for the pasta thing in late April.

The only possible time would be between the Ambulance visit and the first zoom call...if they did the phone calls from separate rooms.  Damn lucky that Kate wasn't also infected considering she had contact with both Charles and William...or have they just chosen against releasing that.

His intentions may have been good but this has the very real potential of affecting the trust that people have in him (or even them) and once trust is lost it's hard to regain.  The royal reporters are going at this like crazy.  His own experience, plus that of others, should have taught him that the press can either make you God like or make your life a living hell.  Right now this is headlined as "Prince William tested positive in April" but can easily switch to the more negative "Prince William hid COVID diagnose"...and that negative spin on things is the last the the BRF needs.

This was always going to make waves and now William just needs to hope he chose the right ones.

Update...just reread the Sun article and noticed that everything is based off of him telling someone at a recent engagement he had it and then sources.  KP has yet to comment and probably wonít be happy about how blown up this has become.  Now Iím even less happy with how this was handled because it wasnít handled at all and itís only because of his big mouth that we know anything.  Oddly, this reminds me of how they wonít release Lupoís name because of privacy and then Kate told someone on an engagement.  Jesus wept.  Privacy and secrecy are two different things and KP might want to learn the difference.

What a fustercluck.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9404 on: November 02, 2020, 05:20:59 AM »

Who did he get it from?

You will find that, in a court of law, a lie of omission is still a lie. Itís an intentional withholding of relevant information.

He was at the NHS, maskless in late March. He held a zoom event on the 17th with Kate, maskless.

Thatís a three week window for him to be infected, test positive, quarantine, have trouble breathing to the point staffers were worried, and then have two negative tests to be cleared to be released from quarantine. Oh, and not infect his wife, kids, or staffers.

Either someone, somewhere is lying, or William had the fastest incubation of this disease and managed to miraculously not to pass it on to any one he is supposedly in close quarters with.

Incubation is between 3 and 14 days. That date range is perfectly possible (and remember that people can have the virus and not even know it due to being asymptomatic). He may have had it for weeks and not known.

Mask wearing wasn't a thing in the UK at the time, even among NHS other than when they were at work so the fact William did what everyone else in the UK was doing at the time, going about his normal business maskless, is no big deal. If masks were 'a thing' back in March then there would be an issue but they weren't then.

Many people have the virus in families and don't pass it on or they pass it on and the other party is asymptomatic and so never knows that they have had it.

William isn't in a court of law and he is entitled to his privacy, especially around his health. In fact his right to privacy is guaranteed under British law so until he was directly asked, or chose to reveal himself, he has the right to privacy that is accorded to every person in Britain.

A lie of omission only applies when someone is asked a question and leaves out pertinent information not when they aren't asked and so don't tell.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 640   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: