Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 643   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2176325 times)
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9435 on: November 02, 2020, 07:04:23 PM »

Jobson is an ass and donít get me started on those psycho squad replies. Maybe KP should release a statement but it would just be picked apart too so I donít know whatís best. I donít get the hoopla but whatever.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9436 on: November 02, 2020, 07:08:44 PM »

Why lie about it at the time and then spill the beans now?

Thatís what Iím taking issue with? And I donít buy that it was a slip up in casual conversation.

I think this just goes to individual opinion.  I don't think he lied, he never said a word about it.  Is that a lie by omission?  To some, maybe.  Yes, even.  To me, no.

Had Charles passed away and William had become heir overnight, then I believe his illness should have been announced.  

Alas, Chuck pulled through just fine; William remains the spare heir and again, the future of the monarchy was never threatened and people still want to be fussed about something.

Royalty isn't celebrity and just because William is famous doesn't mean we are privy to his life behind the public scenes.  Like I said before, I don't believe William has to tell us anything.  His personal life (and to go back thousands of years, body) do not yet belong to us.  He is still the spare heir and thus, allowed some form of privacy.

LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #9437 on: November 02, 2020, 07:16:43 PM »

I think It's a PR misstep on KP's part and I understand why the press is upset they couldn't write clicbait headlines at the time. But what I don't get the conspiracy theories about it lol.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #9438 on: November 02, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »

So Robert Jacobsen will not confirm when the question was asked, when he was asked about it. The public should just believe him because he said so?

From Robert Jacobsen's twitter:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

10h
Prince Williamís decision to LIE about contracting COVID-19 earlier - for whatever reason - is appalling. KP were are asked several times by the media whether Prince William had contracted the virus and were told categorically ďnoĒ. This has created a serious issue of trust.

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

@EniEnkela

8h
When did you ask them? If it was when Charles got the virus and they said ďnoĒ... it means he was not infected at that time! Hence, NO LIE!
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

4h
Incorrect. The question was asked.

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

@EniEnkela

4h
When? What time?
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

4h
I have the evidence. It is between me and the person that sent the response as guidance. But it is fact.
KJ
@TotesKJ

3h
But if you aren't willing to show your hand,  then this seems like a lot of baseless accusations
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor
Replying to
@TotesKJ
 and
@EniEnkela
I play by the rules and donít release emails that were for guidance. Goodbye

Reporters are angry because they didn't have the opportunity for money driven headlines about the deaths of Charles, William and the monarchy. 

Reporting after the fact doesn't bring in the same amount.

If Mr Jobson is on the high ground why doesn't he at the very least quote the dates KP were allegedly asked the questions?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt that would compromise his source.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9439 on: November 02, 2020, 09:16:18 PM »

I find the whole thing a bit...strange...something IMO doesn't add up. Could it be that William had an antibody test (Aprilish time they were the next thing that they were going to roll out then it was realised immunity doesn't last long) and his comments were merely saying that around April he had a test that showed he had likely had it??

Anyway... were they right not to tell anyone? Yes I actually think they were (and I'm usually a huge one for the RF being at least honest if not forthcoming with info). As others said early, looking at this now doesn't take into account the mood and feelings in the country earlier in the year. April time Charles had announced he had, the death tolls were super high, there was talk of NHS being overwhelmed, care homes seeing huge death rates etc and that is was so bad HM would have to make a rare (one in 4 or 5 in her whole reign) public address to calm and reassure the nation. By this time the PM had already been confirmed to have Covid and by the 2nd April it was so bad aides were making plans for him to be rushed to hospital. On the 5th he was taken in to hospital and a day later was in intensive care. Given all this I do think announcing William had it would have causes panic (not that I think William is all that important or special but because it would have been another "high profile" sufferer - the media would have gone to town on how HM at 93 had an ill heir and 2nd in line and an ill PM)

I can 100% understand them not announcing it, especially as William was not in hospital and given that even if he only had the 7 days at the start of April off he clearly bounced back from it quite quickly.

I do think they could have announced he had recovered from it sooner, even with a zoom engagement etc to show he was perfectly okay. The way it has come out in the main issue IMO not that it wasn't announced at the time.

Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9440 on: November 02, 2020, 09:42:25 PM »

I know for a fact that if he revealed this at the time or shortly after he recovered, he wouldíve been dragged to hell and back. Sugars would be screaming karma a lot more than they did after chuck went public about being positive. The media wouldíve focused on what willís and Charles diagnosis meant for the sussexes. The public wasnít pleased at Charlesí speedy recovery and at the time people were complaining much more about the rf getting to isolate and not worry about money. The Cambridges news were getting a lot of more negative responses in April than they usually did. Will was right to keep this to hidden and continue with his engagements.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #9441 on: November 03, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »

sorry folks so I can understand...I am missing a step...

did billy test positive. then test negative on two occasions? then is ok. then is positive  Crazy

Has anyone around him being tested  like his family and/or staff?

thx

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9442 on: November 03, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »

I've tried, I've really tried, but unless William infected or put other people at risk, I'm just struggling to care either way

Cool your jets, everyone
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #9443 on: November 03, 2020, 02:55:11 PM »

I've tried, I've really tried, but unless William infected or put other people at risk, I'm just struggling to care either way

Star
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9444 on: November 03, 2020, 08:06:45 PM »

Star

Star From me too.

I have enough things to tie my stomach in knots today - canít get worked up about this.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9445 on: November 03, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »

Star

Star From me too.

I have enough things to tie my stomach in knots today - canít get worked up about this.

Hug AB-I know exactly how you feel. Hearing that William had COVID 19 in April, is of no great concern IMHO. Today has only been made worse for me considering that both of my children who voted this year in their first Presidential election are very concerned about civil unrest afterwards. That and my kitten is being spayed today.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9446 on: November 04, 2020, 02:23:53 AM »

Star

Star From me too.

Hug AB-I know exactly how you feel. Hearing that William had COVID 19 in April, is of no great concern IMHO. Today has only been made worse for me considering that both of my children who voted this year in their first Presidential election are very concerned about civil unrest afterwards. That and my kitten is being spayed today.

I am too TLLK!  It is absolutely crazy what is happening in this country.

And  Hug for your kitty.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9447 on: November 04, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »

Star

Star From me too.

Star

In my case, the country going back into lockdown and changing jobs. William having the virus in April just feels very very low down the list of things I have the capacity to think about

Cool your jets, everyone
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9448 on: November 04, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »

Star

Star From me too.

Star

In my case, the country going back into lockdown and changing jobs. William having the virus in April just feels very very low down the list of things I have the capacity to think about

Star Star Star

Can't bring myself to care about William having Covid in April honestly. Seems like such a minor thing happening right now.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9449 on: November 04, 2020, 05:44:37 PM »

Star

Star From me too.

I am too TLLK!  It is absolutely crazy what is happening in this country.

And  Hug for your kitty.
Thank you  Hug. Tabbie Girl had an agitated night post op, but she's eating, drinking, eliminating and for the most part keeping her cone on. We're hoping that we all have a better night's sleep tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 643   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: