Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 643   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2168280 times)
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #9525 on: March 19, 2021, 02:49:26 PM »

William has been spotted. He looks like Edward in this photo.

Does he ever! Wow! William has been more Windsor than not in appearance, but this resemblance is striking.

He has the Queen's eyes, like Andrew and Edward do. It's a bit of a blind with William's long, narrow face, long nose and prominent teeth that are from other parts of the family. I also think that any major youthful resemblance to his mother dissipated once his face started maturing, and these days it's mostly projection. IMO William's face is a composite of several of his antecedents on both sides, with his mother's facial expressions overlaid on top.

Genetics are an interesting thing...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #9526 on: March 19, 2021, 03:03:16 PM »

Does he ever! Wow! William has been more Windsor than not in appearance, but this resemblance is striking.

He has the Queen's eyes, like Andrew and Edward do. It's a bit of a blind with William's long, narrow face, long nose and prominent teeth that are from other parts of the family. I also think that any major youthful resemblance to his mother dissipated once his face started maturing, and these days it's mostly projection. IMO William's face is a composite of several of his antecedents on both sides, with his mother's facial expressions overlaid on top.

Genetics are an interesting thing...

It really is fascinating!

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9527 on: March 19, 2021, 03:18:16 PM »

Whether he realizes it or not, William is in a position of likely feeling something similar to each of his parents did in the early to mid 90s. Constant tabloid news about each side.

I do hope he has a good therapist, preferably one he’s had for years. He did nothing to bring this on and I feel for him. He’s caught in the middle through no fault or doing of his own.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9528 on: March 19, 2021, 11:23:09 PM »

William records a message for Comic Relief.

https://www.express.co.uk...-relief-support-BBC-video
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9529 on: March 20, 2021, 02:03:32 AM »

Nice summation LA.  Star

I had such high hopes for him to escape the Windsor curse. Alas.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #9530 on: March 20, 2021, 11:53:37 AM »

I guess the Windsor Ugly stick hits them all eventually. At least, I think William is still reasonably attractive, IMO, and has aged well. He’s not “cute” anymore but I find myself preferring how mature he looks these days.

Continuing on a completely shallow note, I think the rather horsey Teck features look much worse on the women in the family than on the men because they’re not particularly “feminine” in the standard beauty sense. 

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9531 on: March 20, 2021, 12:13:04 PM »

William records a message for Comic Relief.

https://www.express.co.uk...-relief-support-BBC-video

Nice. It took Bill to find his groove, but his seriousness and sense of duty is kind of refreshing. I think him and Kate are old souls and never really made much sense as cool youngsters,

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9532 on: March 20, 2021, 02:00:11 PM »

I think his youthful tan also gave him a lot of warmth and added to his looks.  Where his current lack of sun kissed skin doesn't help the Windsor looks.

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9533 on: March 20, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »

At least, I think William is still reasonably attractive, IMO, and has aged well. He’s not “cute” anymore but I find myself preferring how mature he looks these days.

I agree with you. Beauty comes from the inside anyway we all know so it is with William his maturity and strong family life are coming back at us in a calm and centered man and he wears it well. The Teck genes are so strong not even Philip's "Greek god" good looks could help much. Andrew most resembles Philip but then the Hanover girth found him and wouldn't let go.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9534 on: March 21, 2021, 02:01:44 AM »

I must disagree. I think Andrew looks far more like Porchester than he does the rest of the family. And I really could not blame QEII given how in those days Philip was catting around. https://twitter.com/beard...tatus/1052255738784047104
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9535 on: March 21, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »

Bill gets a big Sunday Times magazine profile today

https://www.thetimes.co.u...the-future-king-3wx5krt9v

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9536 on: March 21, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »

Bill gets a big Sunday Times magazine profile today

https://www.thetimes.co.u...the-future-king-3wx5krt9v

Bummer, it's behind a paywall. Sad

Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9537 on: March 21, 2021, 02:47:28 PM »

Here is the un-paywalled version!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #9538 on: March 21, 2021, 03:05:50 PM »

Thank you, Ellie!

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9539 on: March 21, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »

It's quite an interesting article. Obviously William's friends were given the Ok to speak the media, but it's a fair portrayal. It mentions that it took Bill (and Kate) quite a long time to embrace royal duties, but also gives a sense that William is quite politically astute, understand responsibility and seems at peace with his destiny. It also suggests a strong rapport between QEII and Bill

Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 643   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: