Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 643   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2176096 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #9540 on: March 21, 2021, 03:44:51 PM »

It's quite an interesting article. Obviously William's friends were given the Ok to speak the media, but it's a fair portrayal. It mentions that it took Bill (and Kate) quite a long time to embrace royal duties, but also gives a sense that William is quite politically astute, understand responsibility and seems at peace with his destiny. It also suggests a strong rapport between QEII and Bill

This is an astute summing up of the whys and wherefores of Will's trajectory - past, present and future. He does come off very well, but there is not any fawning. It also traces the changes in his relationships within the family, and speaks to his strong bond with Kate and his children.

I'm tucking it away to save.

Thanks, Ellie!  Star

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 04:38:47 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9541 on: March 21, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »

Thank you!!

Yes, I agree, there had to be some quiet assent to the quotes within the article. But it's actually really well done, and is a shell lobbed over the Sussex fence. William can't well give a press conference to refute anything, can he? He could, but he won't and shouldn't.

Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9542 on: March 21, 2021, 04:01:19 PM »

Thank you Ellie.
Fantastic article. I was one who understood Wills need to settle the family/marriage/Kate along with taking the rescue and air ambulance jobs. I think that while there was much complaining at the time, it appears to have paid off in the long run.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #9543 on: March 21, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Ellie! Interesting and insightful article - it's not gushing and obvious PR, but very focused on his growth and role. The reporter has been working on it for a few months, but I'm sure hits at William as being "trapped" by the monarchy recently definitely led to some tacit permission for more friends and former aides to speak out the last few weeks.

I was absolutely one who was critical of their "we want to lead a normal life for a few years" choice earlier in their marriage. I'm very happy to have been wrong - it seems that plan had paid off big time for them and this piece was a great look at why.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9544 on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »

Thank you for the article Ellie. It was a very good one certainly balanced and nothing too surprising but does a good job of linking the things we've seen in the papers with direct insight from friends. He seems to have sensed that he and Kate needed time and space and with the long life of his grandmother as a plus for that why not and it really has paid off. He seems to have a modern idea of what monarchy can offer and that seems a paradox but I think he is stitching together relevance and tradition. I liked the bit about him understanding the theater of monarchy which is what I think about when I see Marge in Denmark she knows how to put on a show and why it is important. 
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9545 on: March 21, 2021, 08:02:48 PM »

This week Shahinaz spoke to HRH The Duke Of Cambridge about her work in Syria helping people who fled the war to protect themselves from Covid-19.

Our Coronavirus Appeal is helping aid workers like Shahinaz stay safe and save lives. Find out more at bit.ly/DECcoronavirus

https://twitter.com/decap.../1373650780499161095?s=21
Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #9546 on: March 21, 2021, 09:10:01 PM »

Excellent! Thank you very much Ellie. A fitting reply...
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9547 on: March 21, 2021, 11:45:13 PM »

Ellie!   Star

I enjoyed the article - I feel it was balanced, fair look at William, his motivations, interests and his feelings about his position.  And also, it's not just written as a side-eye to certain people, but to provide the average Joe with some insight into his character.  In a day and age when people make snap judgments based on Twitter feeds, I love to see a serious, lengthy profile like this.

And on a shallow note, William has got it going on in uniform  Wink

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #9548 on: March 22, 2021, 02:30:18 AM »

Thank you, Ellie!!!  Star

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9549 on: March 22, 2021, 02:36:07 AM »

Rock on, Ellie. That was great!
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9550 on: March 22, 2021, 10:10:36 AM »

Thank you Ellie!!  Star

Nice article, not too sugary and he has his point of view out there.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9551 on: March 22, 2021, 03:49:01 PM »

Great article. I would imagine this has been worked on for awhile and could be part of PR surrounding the Cambridge's wedding anniversary coming up very soon. I thought it was fair and while a positive article it was not gushing. William comes across very well.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9552 on: March 22, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »

Wills has been appointed as the Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland for the second year in the row.

An appointment which shows a lot of trust and faith in William, given the precarious nature of Anglo-Scottish politics atm as there are talks of a second independence referendum.

https://www.dailymail.co....mbly-Church-Scotland.html
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9553 on: March 22, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »

He technically did very few/nothing last year, as the whole thing was cancelled months in advanced due to Covid pandemic.

But being appointed again shows that QE really wants him to "learn the ropes" and give him more visibility inside the institution, even more in this turbulent times regarding new independece talks.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9554 on: March 22, 2021, 06:43:24 PM »

The royals have been more involved in recent years with Edward serving in 2014 and Anne in 2017.  Williamís back to back appointment is because last year was canceled so he didnít do anything...rather than a sign of something else.  Itís likely that weíll see Charles appointed in a year or two (and maybe even the cousins taking a turn) as the BRF is doing a group effort with Scotland.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 643   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: