Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 474   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1133779 times)
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6765 on: January 11, 2017, 02:34:14 AM »

He's wearing his special on trend slim fit trousers.  The ones that keep showing us way too much of Wee Willie.  While I encourage him loosening up and trying to update the wardrobe could someone please tell him he actually should stand for alterations so they fit him properly.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6766 on: January 11, 2017, 05:17:48 AM »

And they are too short. Seriously, for a guy with a dad and grandpa as dapper as they are why the hell can't these boys dress well? I get he doesn't have to or want to wear a suit but he could make it look so much better.
lizzie78

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6767 on: January 11, 2017, 06:09:23 AM »

For someone that wants his privacy, he sure is willing to show us a lot of what should be kept private.  Blush  Dead
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #6768 on: January 12, 2017, 10:53:20 AM »

Again with the mummy thing...  Roll Eyes He really should get help. I think he hasn't gotten over it.

Prince William Admits He Went Through a ''Very Angry'' Period After Princess Diana's Death

I think the angry period is still going on.

Prince William tells girl 'I lost my mummy too' as he comforts her over dad's death

"Speaking to Aoife, nine, who lost her father to pancreatic cancer six years ago, the future king said: "Do you know what happened to me? You know I lost my mummy when I was very young too. I was 15 and my brother was 12."

William urged her not to bottle up her grief, asking her: "Do you speak about your daddy? It's very important to talk about it, very, very important." "

Here we go again. It's good if you can relate to the people you meet because you have similar experiences (even though he was much older than the children he met) but somehow when he talks about it, it just sounds like he's asking for pity and for people to cut him some slack because his mummy is dead.
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #6769 on: January 12, 2017, 07:27:51 PM »

Prince William and Harry to honour Princess Diana with National Kindness Day

PRINCESS Diana's sons William and Harry and her brother Earl Spencer are to mark the 20th anniversary of her death by supporting a year-long programme of events celebrating her legacy.

http://www.express.co.uk/...ana-National-Kindness-Day

This would be a lovely... if both brothers didn't continue to use her memory on a regular basis to get some good pr.

They've overplayed the Diana card. Now it seems like a self-serving talking point as opposed to honoring their wonderful mother's memory.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6770 on: January 12, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »

And it's going to get worse. Year-long celebration of his mother. Beginning with Be Kind To One Another Day in March. Otherwise known as Mummy Day. The ''self-serving talking point(s)'' will continue.

PRINCESS Diana's sons William and Harry and her brother Earl Spencer are to mark the 20th anniversary of her death by supporting a year-long programme of events celebrating her legacy.

...It is not clear yet which of the numerous events will be attended by William and Harry but Ms Ojo said Diana's sons, who have regularly met young people doing the award, have been kept up to date and support the programme. Royal sources confirmed that they would be involved this year.

www.express.co.uk/news/royal/753478/Prince-William-Harry-honour-Princess-Diana-National-Kindness-Day

Note: this article is accompanied by a musical soundtrack. The Express has run off the rails on this one.

This post is NOT intended to start a conversation about 'that' person. Only to show that Willnot and his brother are going along with events about her.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:15:16 PM by PruNordstrom » Logged
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6771 on: January 12, 2017, 09:05:39 PM »

TBH I don't care anymore what Will does especially when it's connected to his mother. He had a chance to impress people with a fabulous work ethic his parents have/had but he just talked about wanting to continue Diana's work without actually doing it. It's hypocritical if he now wants to honour her legacy because he is very much the opposite of her regarding how much she worked, how much she cared for other people and how much she tried to help make the world a better place. At his age both his parents were already big players at the world stage regarding charities/projects. He is just known for being their son. JMO

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6772 on: January 13, 2017, 06:52:03 AM »

From Suzy (previous post)
At his age both his parents were already big players at the world stage regarding charities/projects. He is just known for being their son.

'Tis true. What has he done? Continues with 'her' charities, talks about anti-poaching through an organization that is just parroting other organizations, makes up an organization that purports to link mental health organizations and has done nothing as yet, and spends time going to galas for those organizations that have entertainment on the gala program. The news accounts of his meetings with 'his' charities is always about what he has done, and not an introduction to leaders of the organization who can then give their speech about the value of their work. Step away from the 'I' Willnot. Learn to redirect to the you. That was how your mum was so successful. I thought you would have learned that by now.
IMHO
 Thinking
Contessa

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6773 on: January 13, 2017, 09:19:06 AM »

They would do far more to honour her memory by throwing themselves heart and soul into the Royal roles, rather than mawkish, supposedly off-hand comments made while a member of the Press has a microphone turned on.

I doubt very much that she would be wanting the general public to have to still be making excuses for her poor, damaged boys twenty years after her death.

They dishonour her by being so slapdash and lazy.
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6774 on: January 13, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »

Again with the mummy thing...  Roll Eyes He really should get help. I think he hasn't gotten over it.

Prince William Admits He Went Through a ''Very Angry'' Period After Princess Diana's Death

Prince William tells girl 'I lost my mummy too' as he comforts her over dad's death

"Speaking to Aoife, nine, who lost her father to pancreatic cancer six years ago, the future king said: "Do you know what happened to me? You know I lost my mummy when I was very young too. I was 15 and my brother was 12."

William urged her not to bottle up her grief, asking her: "Do you speak about your daddy? It's very important to talk about it, very, very important." "

Here we go again. It's good if you can relate to the people you meet because you have similar experiences (even though he was much older than the children he met) but somehow when he talks about it, it just sounds like he's asking for pity and for people to cut him some slack because his mummy is dead.

I hadn't read the entire quote, but to speak to a 9 year old child in that manner, who lost her father at 3 is imo just plain wrong. He doesn't know her, she doesn't know him and how he 'encourages' her to 'talk about it', ridiculously patronizing and quite frankly out of line. She may not remember much about her father, and here comes this stranger acting all 'I know what you've been through',? No, he does not!!! As far as I'm concerned he used this child. How many children know what the word 'grief' even means? She was only 3. You simply don't barge into a child's life in that way Ranting  He seems to think that because he's a 'prince' his words are golden. Stupid and ignorant imo, and when he left after 'doing his sympathetic and compassionate, I can relate act', I hope there was someone there to support that little girl, if she needed it. She may very well have thought who was that dude?  From the pictures, it was his idea to get all cozy, not hers.  Real mad  This child's father suffered, was very sick and I don't know this child or her circumstances either, there is no way I would have approached her. If she wanted to talk about it, I think she could have very well decided that for herself.   JMO, and sorry if my rant is ott, the reason for this is that I absolutely loathe 'anyone, a n y o n e' who takes it upon themself to spout off about things they know zip about. William is supposedly a grown man, and as said above a whole lot older than this child, and the circumstances were totally different. This was a very very selfish, self serving act strictly for PR, and I think meant to offset the less than flattering press lately. Stop using children!! Again, JMO

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted
is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6775 on: January 13, 2017, 08:43:46 PM »

Sorry to all but answer my own post but I'm   Nerves Nerves Nerves   Are these children told in advance that they will be spoken to, and by whom. Are the parents consulted, the questions ok'd by them? I feel like I am on extremely thin ice here on the board so I'm trying to be cautious even though outspoken.  Secret Somehow, if I were a 9 year old girl told that a prince was coming, the first picture to pop into my head would not resemble William in the slightest.

- Mother Teresa
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6776 on: January 13, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »

They would do far more to honour her memory by throwing themselves heart and soul into the Royal roles, rather than mawkish, supposedly off-hand comments made while a member of the Press has a microphone turned on.

I doubt very much that she would be wanting the general public to have to still be making excuses for her poor, damaged boys twenty years after her death.

They dishonour her by being so slapdash and lazy.

Harry is not lazy, he actually did something called Sentebale & Invictus Games. William and Kate are the lazy ones.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6777 on: January 13, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »

I hadn't read the entire quote, but to speak to a 9 year old child in that manner, who lost her father at 3 is imo just plain wrong. He doesn't know her, she doesn't know him and how he 'encourages' her to 'talk about it', ridiculously patronizing and quite frankly out of line. She may not remember much about her father, and here comes this stranger acting all 'I know what you've been through',? No, he does not!!! As far as I'm concerned he used this child. How many children know what the word 'grief' even means? She was only 3. You simply don't barge into a child's life in that way Ranting  He seems to think that because he's a 'prince' his words are golden. Stupid and ignorant imo, and when he left after 'doing his sympathetic and compassionate, I can relate act', I hope there was someone there to support that little girl, if she needed it. She may very well have thought who was that dude?  From the pictures, it was his idea to get all cozy, not hers.  Real mad  This child's father suffered, was very sick and I don't know this child or her circumstances either, there is no way I would have approached her. If she wanted to talk about it, I think she could have very well decided that for herself.   JMO, and sorry if my rant is ott, the reason for this is that I absolutely loathe 'anyone, a n y o n e' who takes it upon themself to spout off about things they know zip about. William is supposedly a grown man, and as said above a whole lot older than this child, and the circumstances were totally different. This was a very very selfish, self serving act strictly for PR, and I think meant to offset the less than flattering press lately. Stop using children!! Again, JMO

I think part of the problem it their PR team. They thought like almost all royal women Kate would be great with children, so she got children's charities. Sadly she is very unsuited for this kind of work especially when it involves children. Same with Will. They probably thought "Oh, he experienced loss in his life, so a bereavement charity is the perfect idea." But it is not and IMO he is doing a very bad job when talking to these kids because he doesn't have the ability his mother, father and brother have/had. He doesn't connect easily, he cannot read the body language and he seems to have no empathy. I blame their handlers. They should have looked very closely at Will and Kate and chosen charities according to their limited abilities. JMO

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6778 on: January 13, 2017, 09:58:48 PM »

^^^^^     Very good point  ^^^^^   

- Mother Teresa
smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #6779 on: January 13, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »

Sorry to all but answer my own post but I'm   Nerves Nerves Nerves   Are these children told in advance that they will be spoken to, and by whom. Are the parents consulted, the questions ok'd by them?  

I agree with you RAAJ. Sometimes it seems as if they tread a very fine line between bringing awareness to difficult issues...and using the pain of children to further their own 'caring Royal'  PR.

If they wish to go beyond nice platitudes and ribbon cutting then they need guidance and perhaps a bit of training.

There is a reason Royals didn't use to do the heavy stuff. They aren't grief counsellors or mental health experts FFS.  Emulate the Queen as she goes about her duties. She not too shabby.

For training, I don't suggest an MA in counseling before speaking to the bereaved, only that there is a gentle way to facilitate interaction and sharing. Some people have it. Some learn it. If you don't have it -learn it. Lest you do more harm than good.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 474   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: