Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 523   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1327724 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #7740 on: February 12, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »

There's no need to attack anyone on this board with false and offensive accusations IMO. 

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #7741 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »

There's no need to attack anyone on this board with false and offensive accusations IMO. 

Thumb up

Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7742 on: February 12, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »

I understood what you meant  Beer

Oh, okay. Smiley

But his consent would be required for them to be used, right? In my country, at least, it would.

I have no idea how the laws work in the UK, but as far as I know, yes, his consent would be required as the embryo was the result of his sperm fertilizing the egg.  

But, like I said, I don't think she used the embryos without his permission (if IVF was used).  I believe they made the decision together to have another baby.

Whoa there. Where are you getting this IVF theory/data?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:00:15 PM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7743 on: February 12, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »

It's a poor attempt by William to be self-deprecating and as usual it has backfired.

The problem is nobody buys his "woe is me, fatherhood is so tough" act. Everyone knows they have at least 2 or 3 nannies, a house full of servants etc so it just comes across as disingenuous.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Paulina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7744 on: February 12, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »

It's a poor attempt by William to be self-deprecating and as usual it has backfired.

The problem is nobody buys his "woe is me, fatherhood is so tough" act. Everyone knows they have at least 2 or 3 nannies, a house full of servants etc so it just comes across as disingenuous.

*This*

He's trying to seem relatable. But everyone knows he has more help than regular people, so it comes off as disingenuous.

Plus, isn't there some sort of upper class British humor tradition of being very droll and almost saying the opposite of what is meant? I think he was joking and it backfired. But it could be that number 3 was more Kate's idea and he went along. Couples do that. It doesn't mean that either of them loves the third or sometimes fourth child any less. It just is more hectic and he realizes that.

Maybe it's just tough managing so much house help? A stressor in itself??
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #7745 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

William needs to make his peace with the fact that he has NO sense of humor... He’d better resort to polite and diplomatic platitudes rather than try to be witty and fail miserably each and every time he is interviewed!
casie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #7746 on: February 12, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »

Oh, okay. Smiley

But his consent would be required for them to be used, right? In my country, at least, it would.

I have no idea how the laws work in the UK, but as far as I know, yes, his consent would be required as the embryo was the result of his sperm fertilizing the egg.  

But, like I said, I don't think she used the embryos without his permission (if IVF was used).  I believe they made the decision together to have another baby.

It literally says 'if' in the sentence right above your post.  I was obviously just speculating.  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:26:08 AM by casie » Logged
lothwen

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #7747 on: February 13, 2018, 12:25:31 AM »

My step sister is pregnant with her 5th child. She was always open to more kids,  but her husband was apprehensive. Still, it happens. It doesn't necessarily mean someone was manipulative,  or duped, or anything like that. 

casie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #7748 on: February 13, 2018, 12:27:46 AM »

My step sister is pregnant with her 5th child. She was always open to more kids,  but her husband was apprehensive. Still, it happens. It doesn't necessarily mean someone was manipulative,  or duped, or anything like that. 

Exactly.
Felicia

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7749 on: February 13, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »

The way William talks about his family-as someone else has said its completely typical of someone English of his class and to most English people it is vaguely amusing-not insulting-(only  my opinion of course)
minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7750 on: February 14, 2018, 04:26:02 AM »

I could see Kate talking William into a third child (she’s always said she wants 3- just like her family).

I can’t help but wonder if he’s resentful because Kate’s attention is away from him with a new baby- he seems ok with pregnancy, but once birth becomes imminent and they’ve been around awhile, he gets grumpy. There’s been speculation/comments that she breastfeeds, and even though I don’t have kids, I know the focus tends to be on the newborn. They’re helpless without someone to do things for them, and even if they use nannies, mom’s attention is still going to be directed elsewhere.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #7751 on: February 14, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »

Oh, okay. Smiley

It literally says 'if' in the sentence right above your post.  I was obviously just speculating.  

We do not want conspiracy theories discussed on the board so take speculations like this elsewhere.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7752 on: February 14, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »

What on earth is happening to this board?  Are we seriously suggesting that Kate duped William into having another child?  I realize and fully understand that Kate is an extremely polarizing figure for this board but now she's being accused of creating a human life basically to spite her husband?

Forgive me, but complaining about Kate's boring style or her need to spend money on clothing or her makeup or one of the million things she is dragged for here, is one thing.  But to insinuate that she would be so low as to trick her husband into getting her pregnant is on another level.  I just can't believe this.

I don’t think so. The discussion started out as a result of William insinuating in his gentlemanly way that he wasn’t so keen on having a 3rd & there being next to no way Kate got herself pregnant so pretty much shut it dude (dude being William)  Crazy

I'm firmly in the "it takes two to tango so shut it dude" camp as well. 

Family planning is something that couples talk about between them selves and we will never be privy to their private thoughts.  Kate has publicly said that she wanted three as she was one of three.  Whereas William has done nothing but complain about the children.  He made dumb comments about waiting a while before they had number two weeks before Kate's pregnancy with Charlotte was announced.  He also did that stupid speech about population control and how people should limit the number of children they have weeks before pregnancy number 3 was announced.  Combining all of those I thinks that's where the hypothetical train comes from. 

Frankly he's a grown man and while no method of birth control is prefect if you don't want any more children either don't have sex or get sniped. 

It was worse. He did his stupid over population speech AFTER the 3rd pregnancy was announced.

Meghan Markle in Vanity Fair: "I'll never define myself by my relationship."
Humanitarian Meg's song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9CCJeQTZMQ
Rebecca

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7753 on: February 14, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »

Honestly - of course they made the decision to have a third kid together. Anything else is just too far fetched and conspiracy theory-ish, IMO.

Not necessarily.  Women have been springing surprise pregnancies on men for millenia.

Unless Will skipped biology class, he shouldn't be surprised by a pregnancy. No BC method is 100% fail proof.

This. Our oops baby turns 1 yr old this Friday..
Paulina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7754 on: February 14, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »

I could see Kate talking William into a third child (she’s always said she wants 3- just like her family).

I can’t help but wonder if he’s resentful because Kate’s attention is away from him with a new baby- he seems ok with pregnancy, but once birth becomes imminent and they’ve been around awhile, he gets grumpy. There’s been speculation/comments that she breastfeeds, and even though I don’t have kids, I know the focus tends to be on the newborn. They’re helpless without someone to do things for them, and even if they use nannies, mom’s attention is still going to be directed elsewhere.

That is true of a LOT of men when wives get occupied with the new baby. There is considerably less attention for them (possibly proving that sometimes men really are babies at heart Roll Eyes) It's natural, but it's hard to settle in to the new normal if you have a hormonal spouse breastfeeding (yay on Kate if she does!) and you're the third or fifth wheel in your own family. Takes lots of extra, conscientious work on the couple's part to still put themselves first sometimes. Babies, man, so demanding.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 523   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: