Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 538   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1442919 times)
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #7980 on: August 09, 2018, 12:00:35 AM »

Great to see William out and about again and at such an important event.  Thumb up
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7981 on: August 09, 2018, 12:12:03 AM »

Really hate seeing Teresa May curtsy to William.  She's the Prime Minister and he just shot out the right womb.

Technically, she’s bowing to the Crown that he is representing.

Star

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #7982 on: August 09, 2018, 07:12:04 AM »

Incredible that this cathedral survived the ravages of not just one but two World Wars. I did catch some of the highlights today and found the service to be very moving especially when PM May read from some of the letters/memoirs.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7983 on: August 24, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »

The Duke of Cambridge is to visit Newcastle and Gateshead as he attends the Great Exhibition of the North.

On the 7th September The Duke will begin a three-legged visit to the region in which he will officially open a new technology centre, meet with musical performers from the SAGE and have the chance to meet engineers involved in a local architectural firm.

The Duke will first visit SAGE Gateshead where he will meet with performers and listen to musical performances. During the SAGE visit he will also go to the CoMusica programme, which uses music to engage with young people who have challenging circumstances.

On the second leg of his journey The Duke will officially open PROTO:The Emerging Technology Centre. The centre uses digital technology to help find solutions to certain business challenges.

For his third and final stop The Duke will visit Ryder Architecture Cooper’s studios where he will tour the facilities. He will also be shown around some of the technology the company uses, some of which has been designed by graduates from the University of Edinburgh.

The Duke of Cambridge will visit @RoyalMail’s Worldwide International Logistics Centre at Heathrow on Thursday 6th September, to see how @United4Wildlife Transport Taskforce members are working together to disrupt attempts to traffic illegal wildlife products.
Kensington Palace
Duchess of Suffolk

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7984 on: September 11, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »

September 5

The Duke of Cambridge joins the crew of @DIYSOS: Grenfell as they build a new home for the Dale Youth Boxing Club and a new community centre

Boxing helped Jodie when he lost a friend in the Grenfell Tower fire.
He opened up to Prince William as he visited with #DIYSOS.

September 6

The Duke of Cambridge visited @RoyalMail's Worldwide International Logistics centre to see @United4Wildlife Taskforce members working together to #EndWildlifeCrime

In 2017 Border Force made 139 seizures of ivory items on export through Royal Mail Postal Services from the UK 🦏

The Duke of Cambridge was presented with a special commemorative set of @RoyalMail stamps demonstrating the work of @united4wildlife and the Transport Taskforce

September 7

The Duke of Cambridge visited Newcastle and Gateshead, including the Great Exhibition of the North – a three-month celebration of the North of England’s pioneering spirit.

Showcasing great art, culture, design and innovation from across the North, the Exhibition tells the story of the North of England and how its innovators, businesses, artists and designers have shaped our present and are inspiring our future.

The Duke of Cambridge’s day started at Sage Gateshead, one of the three dedicated Exhibition hub venues – which was opened by The Queen in 2005. Throughout the exhibition, Sage Gateshead had hosted a number events, aiming to entertain, involve and inspire through music.

September 10

Today The Duke of Cambridge visited the #TuskRhinoTrail, a London-wide art installation that celebrates the magnificence of the rhino and draws attention to the critical threat facing rhino populations across Africa due to a global poaching crisis 🦏

The 21 unique works of art will be on public display across iconic London sites until #WorldRhinoDay on 22nd September.

They will then be auctioned, with the funds raised providing vital support for @tusk_org projects protecting rhino and other iconic African species.

September 11

Today @Heads_Together and @MindCharity have launched #MentalHealthAtWork – which will change the way that we approach workplace mental health across the UK.

The Duke of Cambridge is meeting UK employers and employees to learn more about the gateway: http://www.mentalhealthatwork.org.uk

"If we are going to improve the mental health of our nation, we need to improve things at work.

People spend more time there than almost anywhere else, yet research shows that it's also the place where we're least comfortable talking about mental health."

"If every workplace in Britain embodies a positive approach to supporting mental health – communities, families, everyone in society can benefit." – The Duke of Cambridge

"We need to stop people feeling as if they have to hide, and we need to make sure anyone with any responsibility for others at work knows what to do." – The Duke of Cambridge

“Gareth Southgate knew that @England’s team psychologist Pippa Grange could hold the key to transforming our World Cup squad. They were a better team with her on board.” — The Duke of Cambridge

"By taking mental health seriously, you can build a better team. You can be a better boss, and you can be a better colleague. And my hope is that #MentalHealthAtWork can help you do it." – The Duke of Cambridge

"Half of us have experienced a mental health problem in our current job, and 1 in 4 of us are struggling with these problems in silence. This needs to change." – The Duke of Cambridge

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:30:06 PM by Duchess of Suffolk » Logged

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #7985 on: September 11, 2018, 10:31:07 PM »

He looks comfortable, engaged and happy but eugh.. royals should learn to carry their own umbrella. It’s not that hard!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7986 on: September 11, 2018, 11:45:10 PM »

He does look like he’s doing a very good job and very relaxed with the children.
But that bald head with the virtual reality thingy on it. Made me laugh!  Jumping
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7987 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:13 PM »

I wonder when they'll dump the mental health thing, as this is the same stuff he's been banging on about for two years. Improve things in the workplace! Do better! Talk! Yeah, that's helpful when your charity takes all the money, and doesn't distribute it to the charities associated with it who thought they'd get funding help. I guess it doesn't matter considering the foursome are praised for it, doing nothing, just saying the same platitudes over and over.

He still looks like he would rather be anywhere else than working--but I am glad he's being forced to do the job. At least he seems less likely to stick his foot in by saying something nasty or rude (or complaining about George).
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7988 on: September 12, 2018, 02:34:48 AM »

He looks comfortable, engaged and happy but eugh.. royals should learn to carry their own umbrella. It’s not that hard!

I can't remember where I saw the video, maybe twitter? but it looked to me like he refused the umbrella.

I really enjoyed seeing William on the DIY episode. He was very down to earth, showed great care for the folks he engaged with and seemed to actually be enjoying himself and those around him.  Thumb up

In general, his engagements last week were good. He went on a day away to Newcastle, which is nice to see the younger royals get out of the home counties. All in all, I think William has seemed to really accept and step up into his role and future this year and is the better for it.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7989 on: September 12, 2018, 11:30:39 PM »

End of the month William is going on a nice jaunt to see Jecca I mean a tour to Africa to see conservation efforts.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7990 on: September 12, 2018, 11:39:31 PM »

Going to see rhinos as well? Good thing the royal family has such commendable views on hunting, killing and poaching.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7991 on: September 12, 2018, 11:50:05 PM »

Yup, he'll lecture everyone about hunting (granted of course poaching is a horrific crime and I applaud anyone who tries to do anything to stop it, even William).
Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7992 on: September 13, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »

Oh dear he is unlucky that he got the Windsor genes ... and no doubt the entitled mindset is out front and centre too ... I thought the younger Mid might have drawn the short straw but no ...
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7993 on: September 13, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »

William asks schoolchildren if they like Chinese food at an engagement dealing with Japanese culture, on meeting a Japanese designer couple compares them to himself and Kate and apparently wasn't sure what to do with a hammer used to beat copper. Not read his briefing notes again?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb...-BBNhazv?ocid=mailsignout
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #7994 on: September 14, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »

Well the video that I saw did show him greeting dignitaries in Japanese when he arrived, so I think this was just a simple slip up that he quickly remedied.  Smiley

Here is the speech that he gave at the opening today which includes a couple of Japanese phrases. He also referenced the recent earthquake and other natural disasters that occurred over the summer.
https://www.royal.uk/spee...pening-japan-house-london

Minna sama. Konichi-wa.

Thank you Deputy Prime Minister, Ambassador and the Japan House team for your warm welcome.

First of all, a word of condolence if I may for the series of deadly disasters which have beset Japan this summer. In recent weeks you have seen nature at its cruellest and on behalf of my family I wanted you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have been affected.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:37:02 AM by TLLK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 538   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: