Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1988778 times)
Queenís Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9330 on: September 12, 2020, 05:38:47 PM »

We could have gone on with our normal lives of course (as we did during H1N1 and indeed in the 50s and 60s) but the mass hysteria took over instead.

In the U.K. at least, Covid 19 has had a more deadly impact than H1N1 did so I understand why there has been these precautions taken (I donít agree with the mess that has been taking the U.K. out of lockdown but thatís another story). And with the Royals meant to be upstanding citizens itís right that they have had to face the same restrictions like the rest of the country.

But I do wonder when or indeed if will go back to normal. How much impact are these Zoom calls having when less people see them compared to a walkabout or a official engagement?

Good points Tsarinya!  Star

I heard Dr. Fauci, an epidemiologist, say today that, even if thereís a vaccine this year (which I doubt), life wonít really return to normal until the latter half of 2021.  

Isnít it awful how Covid has put us all, Royal or not, on the same sucky playing field? 

This is really very depressing.  I trust Dr. Fauci so Iím sure heís saying what he believes is true.  But another year of this??  Iíll go nuts! 

Another year, yeah I'll go nuts, but at the same time it's a little comforting to see an "end" date.

I know I should look at it that way.  Iím concerned about my 90 year old mom and hope she comes out the other side of this.  Sheís been safe so far so fingers crossed. 
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #9331 on: September 14, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »

I really enjoy the moment when I think about killing myself multiple times a day knowing these lockdowns will never end and we'll be living like that in perpetuity, because our governments want it that way (they really take copying China to a whole new level!). It's so funny, ha ha ha, Lyna. Isn't it funny?

I hope you aren't serious. If so, I hope you have a therapist you can talk to. I live alone and I've been working from home since March and I have never once considered suicide. When I need fresh air or social interaction, I go to the grocery store. Plenty of people are taking up bike riding, gardening, or any activity to get them out of the house. Bars and restaurants have limited capacity so it's possible to get out of the house.

Nearly 200,000 people have died in the United States alone so I don't think the government is overreacting. If everyone gets sick and dies, then our way of life will definitely change.

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9332 on: September 14, 2020, 04:34:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/theru.../1305510745027874818?s=21

Prince William is set to attend the FIRST EVER free @TEDTalks Conference solely on climate change.

The Duke will speak at the event and be joined by a plethora of famous faces, including @chrishemsworth, @MarkRuffalo & Al Gore.

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9333 on: September 15, 2020, 12:20:13 AM »

Go William!
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9334 on: September 15, 2020, 01:13:35 AM »

Brilliant. Go William. This is the topic of our time. He is Charles's son and on this front I am very glad for it.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9335 on: September 15, 2020, 01:49:30 AM »

I really enjoy the moment when I think about killing myself multiple times a day knowing these lockdowns will never end and we'll be living like that in perpetuity, because our governments want it that way (they really take copying China to a whole new level!). It's so funny, ha ha ha, Lyna. Isn't it funny?

I hope you aren't serious. If so, I hope you have a therapist you can talk to. I live alone and I've been working from home since March and I have never once considered suicide. When I need fresh air or social interaction, I go to the grocery store. Plenty of people are taking up bike riding, gardening, or any activity to get them out of the house. Bars and restaurants have limited capacity so it's possible to get out of the house.

Nearly 200,000 people have died in the United States alone so I don't think the government is overreacting. If everyone gets sick and dies, then our way of life will definitely change.

I'm absolutely serious. I also know several people who already killed themselves, or lost their parents or children to suicide due to lockdowns. My therapist told me this is the new normal and I must accept this as my life from now on.

I am not going to get into an argument with someone who is pro-lockdown and has no compassion.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #9336 on: September 15, 2020, 01:53:12 AM »

I'm absolutely serious. I also know several people who already killed themselves, or lost their parents or children to suicide due to lockdowns. My therapist told me this is the new normal and I must accept this as my life from now on.

I am not going to get into an argument with someone who is pro-lockdown and has no compassion.

I'm pro people not dying. If you think I lack compassion and I'm rooting for the shutdown, good luck and I hope you take care of your mental health because you are not in a good place.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9337 on: September 15, 2020, 02:04:42 AM »

We've basically cratered society - and for what? I heard the news today of yet another friend who killed themselves. I just do not see and end to this when governments have enacted scary, totalitarian measures that have no end date in sight (on purpose - never waste a crisis!!!). People die of viruses, of suicide, of poverty, of all kinds of things. It sucks. But ruining the world we know ain't the way to handle this, if you ask me. It has only caused more and more problems we have only seen the beginning of.

I wonder why at William's TED talk you have a bunch of celebrities pontificating. They'll still be using their private jets and living the high life (William at least is a future head of state so it makes sense he'd be talking about it but I wonder what he'll say). I just am so tired of these folks telling us what to do, how to live our lives, while they run off and can do and live any which way they please while we're... like this. (At least he isn't his brother lol)

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9338 on: September 15, 2020, 08:55:02 AM »

We are not in a military lockdown in the US. We are able to leave the house and social distance as much or as little as you want, no one will arrest you
Per my therapist it is better to leave the house while following the guidelines as much as possible but leave to support your mental health. 2% death rate so better to take a chance for mental health than not leave and suicide
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #9339 on: September 15, 2020, 09:22:44 AM »

If you could take this discussion to the thread about corona, it would be great.

Topic here is William.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9340 on: September 15, 2020, 01:52:14 PM »

A really nice photo posted by KP to mark the 8th anniversary of the Battle of Britain

Today marks the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

This year we remember those who made this victory possible: From the hard work and determination of 'The Many', to the courage and sacrifice of 'The Few'.

#BattleOfBritain80

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9341 on: September 15, 2020, 04:52:41 PM »

If you could take this discussion to the thread about corona, it would be great.

Topic here is William.

Thank you Maria

I looked at the official program for the Ted Talks event William will be speaking at. There are a lot of speakers at this thing including David Suzuki's daughter (do people other than Canadians know who David Suzuki is?). I think I'll take in some of the sessions.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: