Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 640   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2148075 times)
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

"Are you ok?" "No, the vulture made me cry."

Ignore
« Reply #9405 on: November 02, 2020, 08:15:25 AM »

Questions:
1. Are people going to be stigmatised for having COVID-19?
2. Are all public figures required to reveal their COVID-19 status?
3. Did he manage to infect anyone while in isolation at Anmer?
4. Did Kate test positive for COVID-19?
5. Did Kate conduct public-in-person engagements while secluded at Anmer?
6. Could there have been any political repercussions of the PM, Charles and William all down with COVID-19 at the same time?
7. How would him saying he had COVID-19 justify further lock-downs? He seems to have recovered very well with nary a hair on his head ruffled.  Halo
Finally, anything is possible!

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard P. Feynman
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #9406 on: November 02, 2020, 08:57:42 AM »

Questions:
6. Could there have been any political repercussions of the PM, Charles and William all down with COVID-19 at the same time?
7. How would him saying he had COVID-19 justify further lock-downs? He seems to have recovered very well with nary a hair on his head ruffled.  Halo

That is hardly a ringing endorsement considering he is as bald as a plucked chicken.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #9407 on: November 02, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »

William is young - it is likely he was entirely symptom-free, in which case why worry the populace.

Could be Kate was infected and symptom-free as well, but she is not in any way liable PR-wise and is absolutely entitled to privacy.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

"Are you ok?" "No, the vulture made me cry."

Ignore
« Reply #9408 on: November 02, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »

Questions:

That is hardly a ringing endorsement considering he is as bald as a plucked chicken.
Wink 'twas but a tongue-in-cheek comment, LF.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard P. Feynman
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #9409 on: November 02, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »

There are thousands and thousands of people out there who are infected but who do not have any symptoms. These asymptomatic people can infect others, who, in turn, can get seriously ill and even die of Covid-19.

This silent spread is the very reason why we are supposed to keep distance, wash our hands, wear a mask, etc.

If William was asymptomatic, he might never have found out he was positive if he, being royal and stuff, hadn't been tested all the time (remember, at that time you would not get a test unless you were almost dying). AFAIK he kept distance etc, curbing any spread.

He isolated according to the rules that were in place at the time. It may well be possible that Kate was positive on April 17 as well, but neither of them was feeling sick.

Side note:

In The Netherlands, we have around 10,000 positive tests each day for the last few weeks. But the amount of ppl in hospital is (still) lower than in spring. Our testing capacity has increased massively, and anyone can go and have one if they feel unwell or insecure. The number of per capita infections may well be the same as in spring, but at least we detect them now. So it seems worse now that it was in spring.

Without extensive testing, Covid was invisible and thus 'not there' in spring, which gave us a false sense of security once restrictions were lifted. And even now, with all those infections, the majority of the positive people suffer minor symptoms.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9410 on: November 02, 2020, 11:04:22 AM »

Questions:

Those are all excellent questions.  Right off the top of my head...no neither William nor Kate had in person engagements/events beyond the pasta making and delivery with the kids at the end of April...and no I canít see any political ramifications.

I think my biggest issue is...for better or worse they kept it secret and rereading the article it sounds like they would have continued to do so had he not used it as a conversational topic at a recent engagement.  This is now an uncontrolled disaster rather than a carefully managed release.

IMO, as a senior public figure major medical concerns should be disclosed.   I get the argument that heís not the heir or even the sovereign yet and therefore shouldnít had to.  My thing is this event has called into question the ability to trust that he will disclose potentially important information at an appropriate time...something very important as sovereign.  Sure thatís 20-30 years away but should he establish a pattern of secrecy than will there be that trust.  Arguably very hypothetical but I believe thatís the argument as itís important to trust.  The last thing he needs as either heir or sovereign is the press kindly reminding people that he canít be trusted.  

Basically this is mainly a PR mess of his own making.  Hopefully KP will comment soon and do so calmly.  Please KP, donít throw petrol on this fire.

The average Joe...go with God.  Iím glad your better and hope you followed the rules while infectious.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9411 on: November 02, 2020, 11:07:51 AM »

The papers here are saying he was struggling to breathe, that he was Ďknocked for sixí and that people started to panic. I donít understand if he was that ill how he still managed to do the clap for carers and work remotely, including using the phone and video calls like heís also reported to have done? Also seems a bit irresponsible to be mixing with your wife and young children (who tested negative), whilst youíre ill with a highly infectious illness?

Iím not doubting that he had it but some parts of the timeline just seem a bit muddled for me?
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9412 on: November 02, 2020, 11:23:37 AM »

Crumbs! Sorry, just seen that I've double posted. My apologies!

Questions:

Interesting questions! Iíve answered them from my perspective and what the news has told me. But like everything in 2020, it could change within a few moments notice 😂
1. I donít think people will be stigmatised, at least not in the U.K. I think maybe somewhere in the world unfortunately some people may be less kind, but talking from a U.K. perspective I believe we would be very sympathetic to someone who has Covid.
2. Public figures like politicians I think should reveal their status because of the work they do within their communities. But for others I think itís up to the individual.
3. As far as itís been reported this morning he didnít infect anyone else.
4. Kate and the children are said to have tested negative.
5. No in person commitments were undertaken. I think the Royals stopped all public facing commitments in March?
6. With Charles and William being ill at the same time as our PM there wouldnít be any political issues. At the time Boris was ill, so was our chief medical and scientific advisors and we had other politicians standing in for the daily briefing which made the leadership seem very rudderless. In my opinion, I donít think Charles and William being ill would be of much consequence to the people or politics of England (I canít speak for the devolved nations). We are all struggling, their is another lockdown looming, money is tight, people have lost jobs and the NHS always seems to be threatened with being over capacity. I think to every day people, there isnít much thought given to two very privileged members of society who have the best doctors and treatments around and who do not need to worry about finances.
7. Iím not sure about number 7, who has suggested it would? The lockdown issue is such a contentious issue, nothing related to the Royals would influence the lockdown strategy because, quite frankly, it would never effect them really.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9413 on: November 02, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »

I am not sure, if there isn't such a thing as Stigma.
Even Obama, in a speech against Trump said, that Trump had failed in his protection of his people, he went so far to say, that Trump couldn't even protect himself from catching the virus.
Now I know, that Obama didn't stigmatize Trump for his infection, but the way he phrased the words and in the way his words were translated into multiple other languages and spread thru the world, an interpretation of "Trump failed to protect himself" was possible.
And I find that here at least, there is great fear: everyone who caught Covid is considered a danger. And if you so much as sneeze everybody will be on you like the spanish inquisition.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9414 on: November 02, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »

The British royal family have the same rights to privacy about their medical conditions as any other citizen. Even the Queen doesn't have to tell the world when she is ill and the only time we are told their is something, such as having a cold, it is because she has to cancel a public engagement.

We don't know if she has had a cold, or the flu or anything else this year and that is fine.

A year or two back Philip was in hospital and we were told for a 'pre-existing condition' and that was all. We have never been told what that pre-existing condition is as he has a right to privacy about his medical condition.

William has the same right.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #9415 on: November 02, 2020, 12:05:37 PM »

We are 100% stigmatizing and moralizing getting sick. You got sick! You can kill someone! How dare you! You are a bad person who didn't protect themselves! I don't blame other people when I get sick. It is part of human life. Now, though, it is someone's fault and you are a bad person if you are sick. I know these people: I did everything right, how could I have gotten this?! Someone GAVE it to me! As if it is a deliberate action rather than just part of being human living on a planet with viruses and bacteria. I wouldn't be surprised if some people blamed William, Charles for getting it, like it's their fault and it reflects badly upon them as a person. It's a disturbing attitude I've noticed.

This all seems fishy to me. 'Take lockdown #2 seriously, even William got it and was SO sick!' and wait for lockdowns 3, 4, 100...

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9416 on: November 02, 2020, 01:08:11 PM »

As long as he disclosed to those he's seen in the expected window for tracing; i don't see an issue.

And difficulty breathing but being home is common for younger people. He was probably monitored and his vitals were in normal range.

Can you imagine the headlines about the Charles and William and Boris all dying from Covid and the constitutional crisis and how George has to be prepared to be King this Spring?
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #9417 on: November 02, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »

Questions:
7. How would him saying he had COVID-19 justify further lock-downs? He seems to have recovered very well with nary a hair on his head ruffled.  Halo

Interesting questions! I’ve answered them from my perspective and what the news has told me. But like everything in 2020, it could change within a few moments notice
1. I don’t think people will be stigmatised, at least not in the U.K. I think maybe somewhere in the world unfortunately some people may be less kind, but talking from a U.K. perspective I believe we would be very sympathetic to someone who has Covid.
2. Public figures like politicians I think should reveal their status because of the work they do within their communities. But for others I think it’s up to the individual.
3. As far as it’s been reported this morning he didn’t infect anyone else.
5. No in person commitments were undertaken. I think the Royals stopped all public facing commitments in March?
6. With Charles and William being ill at the same time as our PM there wouldn’t be any political issues. At the time Boris was ill, so was our chief medical and scientific advisors and we had other politicians standing in for the daily briefing which made the leadership seem very rudderless. In my opinion, I don’t think Charles and William being ill would be of much consequence to the people or politics of England (I can’t speak for the devolved nations). We are all struggling, their is another lockdown looming, money is tight, people have lost jobs and the NHS always seems to be threatened with being over capacity. I think to every day people, there isn’t much thought given to two very privileged members of society who have the best doctors and treatments around and who do not need to worry about finances.
7. I’m not sure about number 7, who has suggested it would? The lockdown issue is such a contentious issue, nothing related to the Royals would influence the lockdown strategy because, quite frankly, it would never effect them really.

I'm not so sure. Not in an immediate and tangible sense but I think it could have had an effect.

When I saw the post that William was ill with Covid at the same time as the PoW, I was wigged out for a few seconds imagining what could have happened if both PoW and William had died of Covid.

Now, if I, a royal watcher from another country, was made uncomfortable by that thought imagine what the effect it could have on a portion of the British public who were already dealing with so much personally, economically and politically due to the effects of the pandemic.

I think this news, if revealed then, could have affected the outlook of a lot of people because the succession is something that is peripheral to most people because its considered secure, it is a borderline subconscious thing. To have that up ended in a time of great upheaval is something people didn't need.

Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9418 on: November 02, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »

Iím guessing he didnít announce it because it was around the same time Charles had it. The ďdramaĒ. I also donít think itís our business but Iím not British so that isnít up to me. I read that Charles only quarantined for 7 days? Back in March/April so little was known. Masks werenít encouraged, different isolation rules, etc. I draw the line in speculating that he would knowingly put the kids or Kate at risk though. Iím sure he followed the rules as explained to him at the time.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #9419 on: November 02, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »

Questions:
7. How would him saying he had COVID-19 justify further lock-downs? He seems to have recovered very well with nary a hair on his head ruffled.  Halo

Interesting questions! Iíve answered them from my perspective and what the news has told me. But like everything in 2020, it could change within a few moments notice
1. I donít think people will be stigmatised, at least not in the U.K. I think maybe somewhere in the world unfortunately some people may be less kind, but talking from a U.K. perspective I believe we would be very sympathetic to someone who has Covid.
2. Public figures like politicians I think should reveal their status because of the work they do within their communities. But for others I think itís up to the individual.
3. As far as itís been reported this morning he didnít infect anyone else.
6. With Charles and William being ill at the same time as our PM there wouldnít be any political issues. At the time Boris was ill, so was our chief medical and scientific advisors and we had other politicians standing in for the daily briefing which made the leadership seem very rudderless. In my opinion, I donít think Charles and William being ill would be of much consequence to the people or politics of England (I canít speak for the devolved nations). We are all struggling, their is another lockdown looming, money is tight, people have lost jobs and the NHS always seems to be threatened with being over capacity. I think to every day people, there isnít much thought given to two very privileged members of society who have the best doctors and treatments around and who do not need to worry about finances.
7. Iím not sure about number 7, who has suggested it would? The lockdown issue is such a contentious issue, nothing related to the Royals would influence the lockdown strategy because, quite frankly, it would never effect them really.

I'm not so sure. Not in an immediate and tangible sense but I think it could have had an effect.

When I saw the post that William was ill with Covid at the same time as the PoW, I was wigged out for a few seconds imagining what could have happened if both PoW and William had died of Covid.

Now, if I, a royal watcher from another country, was made uncomfortable by that thought imagine what the effect it could have on a portion of the British public who were already dealing with so much personally, economically and politically due to the effects of the pandemic.

I think this news, if revealed then, could have affected the outlook of a lot of people because the succession is something that is peripheral to most people because its considered secure, it is a borderline subconscious thing. To have that up ended in a time of great upheaval is something people didn't need.

We were all so on edge and jumpy back then, so I think it was a mature decision to make, no matter if he came up with that himself or merely listened to wise council. IMO, it was the correct thing to do.

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 640   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: