Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 640   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2148096 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #9420 on: November 02, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »

Iím guessing he didnít announce it because it was around the same time Charles had it. The ďdramaĒ. I also donít think itís our business but Iím not British so that isnít up to me. I read that Charles only quarantined for 7 days? Back in March/April so little was known. Masks werenít encouraged, different isolation rules, etc. I draw the line in speculating that he would knowingly put the kids or Kate at risk though. Iím sure he followed the rules as explained to him at the time.

Heaven knows Amner Hall is big enough for him to isolate easily from Kate and the children. I would wager that they used NHS guidelines for the quarantine, and that the staff who brought meals etc. to him took precautions. As far as we know he did not pass it on to anyone else.

They have an exceptional staff - this being the first we have heard of this.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #9421 on: November 02, 2020, 03:04:45 PM »

I do think that while he did the right thing keeping it quiet,(especially since the prospective Regents for George are so unpopular) he should have let people know as soon as he had recovered. No need for an official announcement, he could have just slipped it into conversation as he did now. He just should have done so in May, not November. But hindsight is 20/20, and I am impressed that he both kept on working, and that he put on such a good show.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9422 on: November 02, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »

Personally, I don't see why everyone is in such a fuss.

It is not William's responsibility to tell us any private information about his life that he does not wish to disclose.  It is not our business until he becomes heir.

His illness with COVID did not affect the monarchy in any longstanding way.  He is not the heir, he was not hospitalised, he was not placed on breathing machines.  The future of the monarchy was not in danger. 

Charles' illness was announced as he is the heir to the throne and unfortunately, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that HM will pass one day soon.  If Charles had passed and William was in danger of being placed in hospital, his illness would have been announced.

IMO, everyone has their knickers in a twist over something small.

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9423 on: November 02, 2020, 03:50:44 PM »

Personally, I don't see why everyone is in such a fuss.

It is not William's responsibility to tell us any private information about his life that he does not wish to disclose.  It is not our business until he becomes heir.

His illness with COVID did not affect the monarchy in any longstanding way.  He is not the heir, he was not hospitalised, he was not placed on breathing machines.  The future of the monarchy was not in danger. 

Charles' illness was announced as he is the heir to the throne and unfortunately, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that HM will pass one day soon.  If Charles had passed and William was in danger of being placed in hospital, his illness would have been announced.

IMO, everyone has their knickers in a twist over something small.

Agree. I think it was a wise political move. It's not like he was out being a super-spreader, not caring a fig.

If he hadn't have slipped, we wouldn't have known.

tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9424 on: November 02, 2020, 04:22:23 PM »

Can you imagine the headlines about the Charles and William and Boris all dying from Covid and the constitutional crisis and how George has to be prepared to be King this Spring?
I hadnít even thought about that. I was thinking about them being ill, not the possibility of them dying. Gosh, what would have happened in that scenario for George?
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #9425 on: November 02, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »

I am remembering back to these photos released in June. Will has such a genuine smile of delight in being with his children. Quarantining with Covid means he spent forced time away from his family, and facing the much more daunting prospect of possible death, which I'm sure crosses everyone's mind who comes down with this - has given him a renewed perspective on life and the joy of just spending time with his kids. Not to mention he knows what growing up minus one parent does to a child.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9426 on: November 02, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »

So it wasnít even a lie of omission, it was just a blatant lie:

https://twitter.com/thero...tatus/1323154789178499072

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9427 on: November 02, 2020, 05:58:00 PM »

It makes me wonder who else in William and Kate's household had Covid? This is just such a weird year.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

"Are you ok?" "No, the vulture made me cry."

Ignore
« Reply #9428 on: November 02, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »

So Robert Jacobsen will not confirm when the question was asked, when he was asked about it. The public should just believe him because he said so?

From Robert Jacobsen's twitter:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

10h
Prince Williamís decision to LIE about contracting COVID-19 earlier - for whatever reason - is appalling. KP were are asked several times by the media whether Prince William had contracted the virus and were told categorically ďnoĒ. This has created a serious issue of trust.

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

@EniEnkela

8h
When did you ask them? If it was when Charles got the virus and they said ďnoĒ... it means he was not infected at that time! Hence, NO LIE!
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

4h
Incorrect. The question was asked.

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

@EniEnkela

4h
When? What time?
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

4h
I have the evidence. It is between me and the person that sent the response as guidance. But it is fact.
KJ
@TotesKJ

3h
But if you aren't willing to show your hand,  then this seems like a lot of baseless accusations
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor
Replying to
@TotesKJ
 and
@EniEnkela
I play by the rules and donít release emails that were for guidance. Goodbye

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard P. Feynman
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9429 on: November 02, 2020, 06:24:21 PM »

Valid point. Though I have no problem believing that KP was asked once Charles tested positive.  The timeline of events is very messy.

This just keep getting worse.  Iím not sure if staying silent is the best idea right now.  IMO, KP needs to say something to diffuse the situation and fast.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #9430 on: November 02, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

Agreed. This one of those times when William would have been better served being a "woe is me" Prima Donna. Clearly, stiff British upper lip was a bad call.  Crazy

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9431 on: November 02, 2020, 06:41:09 PM »

IIRC the announcement and updates when Charles had COVID were very calm.  William would have been better off with calm, controlled statements then this mess.  Good intentions, bad results.

Update...IIRC with Charles there were only three announcements.  That he had tested positive, with mild symptoms and that Camilla had tested negative.  That he was out of his 7 day isolation.  That Camilla was out of her 14 day isolation.  All very calm and controlled.  Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but as far as I can remember from a BRF perspective similar announcements for William would have been just fine as frankly most people weren't paying that much attention any way.  William being more popular would have gotten more headlines but the whole mess would have been over fairly quickly without this questioning of his trustworthiness.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:53:58 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #9432 on: November 02, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »

IIRC the announcement and updates when Charles had COVID were very calm.  William would have been better off with calm, controlled statements then this mess.  Good intentions, bad results.
Just saying that had William adopted extremely self-serving behaviour, he would have been better off than deciding to be noble about it. Honestly, I can see absolutely no benefit for himself in not revealing his diagnosis.

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9433 on: November 02, 2020, 06:54:44 PM »

So Robert Jacobsen will not confirm when the question was asked, when he was asked about it. The public should just believe him because he said so?

From Robert Jacobsen's twitter:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

10h
Prince Williamís decision to LIE about contracting COVID-19 earlier - for whatever reason - is appalling. KP were are asked several times by the media whether Prince William had contracted the virus and were told categorically ďnoĒ. This has created a serious issue of trust.

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

@EniEnkela

8h
When did you ask them? If it was when Charles got the virus and they said ďnoĒ... it means he was not infected at that time! Hence, NO LIE!
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

4h
Incorrect. The question was asked.

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

@EniEnkela

4h
When? What time?
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor

4h
I have the evidence. It is between me and the person that sent the response as guidance. But it is fact.
KJ
@TotesKJ

3h
But if you aren't willing to show your hand,  then this seems like a lot of baseless accusations
Robert Jobson
@theroyaleditor
Replying to
@TotesKJ
 and
@EniEnkela
I play by the rules and donít release emails that were for guidance. Goodbye

Reporters are angry because they didn't have the opportunity for money driven headlines about the deaths of Charles, William and the monarchy. 

Reporting after the fact doesn't bring in the same amount.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9434 on: November 02, 2020, 06:59:20 PM »

Why lie about it at the time and then spill the beans now?

Thatís what Iím taking issue with? And I donít buy that it was a slip up in casual conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 640   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: