Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 652   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2202782 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9615 on: May 04, 2021, 05:39:59 PM »

William without Kate or the kids is a non starter for me. He is so boring, so guarded, his clothes are so bad that I have no interest in him or what he is doing. Charles, otoh, speaks so nicely, dresses so beautifully, he is interesting to watch. If Will just dressed better it would be so nice.

Yes, this is so true.  Neither son has ever had the father's flair for clothing.   I sometimes wonder if William employs a valet, but he must, right?   

I'm not sure.  For years they were like others royals in claiming that they were going to do everything themselves....while hiring domestic staff.  Let's be real they need domestic help...at least a housekeeper and probably an assistant for each house, a valet for William (ex military would be great with the uniforms), a dresser for Kate, two nannies would be better so they could work on a rota schedule and therefore always have coverage, and at least one gardener for each house.  So minimum 7-10 domestic staff to actually get stuff done.  I know of five positions...KP housekeeper and assistant, AH housekeeper, AH gardener, and Nanny Maria.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #9616 on: May 04, 2021, 06:21:47 PM »

William without Kate or the kids is a non starter for me. He is so boring, so guarded, his clothes are so bad that I have no interest in him or what he is doing. Charles, otoh, speaks so nicely, dresses so beautifully, he is interesting to watch. If Will just dressed better it would be so nice.

Yes, this is so true.  Neither son has ever had the father's flair for clothing.   I sometimes wonder if William employs a valet, but he must, right?   

I'm not sure.  For years they were like others royals in claiming that they were going to do everything themselves....while hiring domestic staff.  Let's be real they need domestic help...at least a housekeeper and probably an assistant for each house, a valet for William (ex military would be great with the uniforms), a dresser for Kate, two nannies would be better so they could work on a rota schedule and therefore always have coverage, and at least one gardener for each house.  So minimum 7-10 domestic staff to actually get stuff done.  I know of five positions...KP housekeeper and assistant, AH housekeeper, AH gardener, and Nanny Maria.

I don't think he has a valet per se. I think someone looks after his clothes - that is makes sure everything is clean, pressed, mended etc. I think if he had a real full time valet he would be a much sharper dresser - even with his accustomed casual look. Plus those suede shoes would be replaced with new ones on regular basis - and have a good stiff brushing between wearings.

That being said, I think with the increased duties he just might be close to the point of realizing that he needs a valet and a wardrobe update. A proper valet will be able to help him choose a more varied wardrobe and keep him turned out properly for any occasion. An ex-military man would be a great option. With the pandemic restrictions easing a bit, it would be a good time to add a new member to the staff.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9617 on: May 04, 2021, 07:26:43 PM »

KPs official tweets, pics, video from today.
https://twitter.com/avfco.../1389551250849607685?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1389622741817602056?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1389626904920084480?s=21
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9618 on: May 04, 2021, 11:31:05 PM »

Yes, this is so true.  Neither son has ever had the father's flair for clothing.   I sometimes wonder if William employs a valet, but he must, right?    

I'm not sure.  For years they were like others royals in claiming that they were going to do everything themselves....while hiring domestic staff.  Let's be real they need domestic help...at least a housekeeper and probably an assistant for each house, a valet for William (ex military would be great with the uniforms), a dresser for Kate, two nannies would be better so they could work on a rota schedule and therefore always have coverage, and at least one gardener for each house.  So minimum 7-10 domestic staff to actually get stuff done.  I know of five positions...KP housekeeper and assistant, AH housekeeper, AH gardener, and Nanny Maria.

I don't think he has a valet per se. I think someone looks after his clothes - that is makes sure everything is clean, pressed, mended etc. I think if he had a real full time valet he would be a much sharper dresser - even with his accustomed casual look. Plus those suede shoes would be replaced with new ones on regular basis - and have a good stiff brushing between wearings.

That being said, I think with the increased duties he just might be close to the point of realizing that he needs a valet and a wardrobe update. A proper valet will be able to help him choose a more varied wardrobe and keep him turned out properly for any occasion. An ex-military man would be a great option. With the pandemic restrictions easing a bit, it would be a good time to add a new member to the staff.

Wasn't there that Fijian soldier who was a valet/assistant/driver? Or am I totally making that up?

Edit - found references to the guy (I think a point was made of keeping his name out the papers)

https://www.abc.net.au/ne...ves-as-royal-aide/4454966
A Fijian-born soldier serving in the British army has reportedly been appointed as an orderly to Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine.

The Daily Mail says the young corporal from the Parachute Regiment is involved in chauffeuring the couple, logistics and even organising Prince William’s wardrobe.

He's the first orderly employed by the couple, who have until now resisted pressure to employ a large number of servants.

However, that is expected to change with the royal couple now expecting their first child.

The paper reports the orderly, who cannot be named for security reasons, has been seen driving William and Kate on several official engagements.

https://www.dailymail.co....se-Williams-wardrobe.html
Sources insist the couple still have no plans to employ a valet, dresser or lady-in-waiting. One said: ‘If the duke is really stuck, then he borrows one of his father’s valets.’

The fail also has this:
https://www.pressreader.c.../20170506/281895888151208 which says two of Philip's orderlies were seconded to W&K and Harry in 2017 when he retired.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:36:50 PM by ralf103 » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9619 on: May 04, 2021, 11:56:42 PM »

I think orderlies focus more on driving and butler duties and if they have time valet duties.  They’ll need one of each in the not too distant future...maybe even two drivers.  They’re getting by now but once they’re the heir couple I think will see an uptick in staff....which is fine.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9620 on: May 05, 2021, 12:09:01 AM »

He also seems to be falling into the trap of using dramatic hand gestures to really emphasize how interested he is.  So many still photos of him have his hands up, like he's telling a fishing story..."I swear the fish I caught was THIS BIG!"
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #9621 on: May 05, 2021, 09:17:29 AM »

Well, Prince Philip had two valets. They would be a perfect choice for Prince William should they wish to continue in that line of work.

For one, Prince Philip also always looked sharp and we have never heard of them talking about their work publicly.

William could do so much better if he paid more attention to his clothes, he is tall and has a great physique.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9622 on: May 06, 2021, 04:06:49 PM »

William at Brighter Futures today.

https://www.gettyimages.d...editorial&sort=newest
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9623 on: May 06, 2021, 07:17:51 PM »

William at Brighter Futures today.

https://www.gettyimages.d...editorial&sort=newest

Nice to see him getting back out there

Cool your jets, everyone
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9624 on: May 06, 2021, 07:35:49 PM »

Nice to see him getting back out there

Agreed! Do we know if William and Kate have been vaccinated? I can't remember if I've read anything on it like I have about the Queen, plus C&C.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #9625 on: May 06, 2021, 09:25:41 PM »

Well, Prince Philip had two valets. They would be a perfect choice for Prince William should they wish to continue in that line of work.

For one, Prince Philip also always looked sharp and we have never heard of them talking about their work publicly.

William could do so much better if he paid more attention to his clothes, he is tall and has a great physique.

I don’t think there is a shortage of valets/butlers/dressers/designers in the BRF that could and would be delighted to help William with his wardrobe challenges. He just doesn’t care. It’s not important to him. I think his “regular joe” routine is a huge mistake. He could be promoting British designers for men. He would be smashing in a fedora. He and Kate could be a really smart looking couple. But We get brown shoes with blue jumpers, unless he is in Pakistan. 
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9626 on: May 07, 2021, 12:48:50 AM »

Prince William could wear slacks in a Madras plaid pattern.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9627 on: May 07, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »

Prince William could wear slacks in a Madras plaid pattern.

He would like very stylish!

Cool your jets, everyone
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9628 on: May 07, 2021, 01:19:16 PM »

PP could get away with two valets because he was from that time. I doubt the taxpayers would be too happy if he had them (plus the other staff).
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9629 on: May 07, 2021, 01:47:43 PM »

A nice aside from today's Times:

The Duke of Cambridge has revealed the Duchess is encouraging him to take up gardening so that he can do it with his father. William, who was visiting Rhyl, North Wales, told Brian Penney "I really like it but have no idea what I'm doing".

Penney, a coordinator for the community project Men's sheds, said afterwards: "He said she wants to get him into it because Charles is into it so it's something for them to enjoy together"

Cool your jets, everyone
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 652   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: