Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2306140 times)
Aubiette

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10020 on: September 14, 2021, 11:09:23 PM »

Congratulations to Deena Evans and Michael Hipgrave, winners of the 999 Hero Award at the #WhoCaresWins Awards

Deena, a Paramedic, was saved by her colleague Michael after a patient stabbed her in the chest on a 999 call-out.
https://twitter.com/kensi.../1437882419215052803?s=21
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10021 on: September 14, 2021, 11:12:56 PM »

“When most of us would, quite naturally, turn away and seek safety, our emergency responders rise to the occasion running straight towards the danger to provide vital and often life-saving support” - Prince William

« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 11:22:17 PM by Aubiette » Logged
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10022 on: September 14, 2021, 11:21:32 PM »

He looks SO sharp.  Star

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10023 on: September 14, 2021, 11:27:02 PM »

I find that William keeps his cool and dignity with grace.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10024 on: September 15, 2021, 03:15:55 PM »

William shooting something for the Climate Summit at the London Eye today.

https://twitter.com/lwelu.../1438096503172706304?s=21

Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10025 on: September 16, 2021, 12:00:45 AM »

Friday. They have partnered with the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation as well.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10026 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:30 AM »

I read his Earthshot book foreword. He sounds coherent, earnest, and dug in for the long haul. No word salad or anything vapid. Plus he’s got Sir David Attenborough!!! I swoon.

Rebecca English article in the DM. I’d post but I’m on my phone and can’t figure it out.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10027 on: September 17, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »

Here it is:

https://www.dailymail.co....-face-climate-change.html
Prince William urges humanity 'not to give up' in the face of 'terrifying' and ‘exponential’ climate change in a foreword to the new book for his landmark £50million Earthshot Prize

Prince William is urging humanity 'not to give up' in the face of 'terrifying' and 'exponential' climate change.

The future British king says he understands why people feel 'so despondent, so fearful and so powerless' in the face of a such a rapidly approaching 'tipping point'.

But in the foreword to a new book accompanying his landmark £50million Earthshot Prize, the royal sounds a rare note of optimism.

Recalling his very personal moment of clarity following a trip to Namibia in 2018 that led him to set up the initiative, he says: 'I was hit by a wave of global pessimism.

'The headlines were dominated by a sense that world leaders were not moving fast enough. There was widespread finger pointing and political and geographical division. To those of us following at home, it wasn't an inspiring sight.

'I understood why the mood was full of despair, of course. The challenge facing our planet is immense. We were about to enter what scientists say is the most consequential decade in history.'

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #10028 on: September 17, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »

Finalists Announcement: The Earthshot Prize, London 2021

https://youtu.be/8od6_5LIhyY

Finalists from:

Democratic Republic of Congo
Republic of Costa Rica
Switzerland
China
India
Bahamas
Australia
USA
Italy
Kenya
Japan
Thailand
Germany
Nigeria
Bangladesh

(1) Protect and Restore Nature:

a. Pole Pole Foundation, Democratic Republic of Congo: An inspiring community-led model of conservation that protects gorillas and local livelihoods.

b. The Republic of Costa Rica: A pioneering scheme paying local citizens to restore natural ecosystems that has led to a revival of the rainforest.

c. Restor, Switzerland: A ground-breaking online platform connecting and empowering local conservation projects.

(2) Clean our Air:

a. The Blue Map App, China: China’s first public environmental database enabling citizens to hold polluters to account.

b. Takachar, India: A pioneering technology to create profitable products from agricultural waste and put a stop to the burning of crops.

c. Vinisha Umashankar, India: A 14-year-old innovator and activist who has designed a solar-powered ironing cart with the potential to improve air quality across India.

(3) Revive our Oceans:

a. Coral Vita, Bahamas: A truly cutting-edge breakthrough in coral farming that can restore our world’s dying coral reefs.

b. Living Seawalls, Australia: Innovative and replicable seawall panels bringing marine life back to coastal sea defences.

c. Pristine Seas, USA: An unprecedented global conservation programme protecting 6.5 million square km of the world’s ocean.

(4) Build a Waste-Free World:

a. The City of Milan Food Waste Hubs, Italy: A city-wide initiative that has dramatically cut waste while tackling hunger.

b. Sanergy, Kenya: A circular sanitation solution that converts human waste into safe products for local farmers.

c. WOTA BOX, Japan: A tiny water treatment plant that turns 98% of wastewater into clean water.

(5) Fix our Climate:

a. AEM Electrolyser, Thailand/Germany/Italy: An ingenious green hydrogen technology developed to transform how we power our homes and buildings.

b. Reeddi Capsules, Nigeria: Solar-powered energy capsules making electricity affordable and accessible in energy-poor communities.

c. SOLbazaar, Bangladesh: The world’s first peer-to-peer energy exchange network in a country on the front-line of climate change.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:21:22 PM by Étoile » Logged
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10029 on: September 17, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »

Video. Well done William!

Watch the highlights of the Finalists announcement by Prince William. Find out more about The Earthshot Prize: earthshotprize.org

https://twitter.com/earth.../1438842315267837955?s=21

He’s also teaming up with David Attenborough for a new 5 part series  “The Earthshot Prize: Repairing Our Planet” that will air in October before the awards ceremony on Oct. 17.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:20:11 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #10030 on: September 17, 2021, 04:17:55 PM »

Finalists Announcement: The Earthshot Prize, London 2021

https://youtu.be/8od6_5LIhyY

Finalists from:

Democratic Republic of Congo
Republic of Costa Rica
Switzerland
China
India
Bahamas
Australia
USA
Italy
Kenya
Japan
Thailand
Germany
Nigeria
Bangladesh

(1) Protect and Restore Nature:

a. Pole Pole Foundation, Democratic Republic of Congo: An inspiring community-led model of conservation that protects gorillas and local livelihoods.

b. The Republic of Costa Rica: A pioneering scheme paying local citizens to restore natural ecosystems that has led to a revival of the rainforest.

c. Restor, Switzerland: A ground-breaking online platform connecting and empowering local conservation projects.

(2) Clean our Air:

a. The Blue Map App, China: China’s first public environmental database enabling citizens to hold polluters to account.

b. Takachar, India: A pioneering technology to create profitable products from agricultural waste and put a stop to the burning of crops.

c. Vinisha Umashankar, India: A 14-year-old innovator and activist who has designed a solar-powered ironing cart with the potential to improve air quality across India.

(3) Revive our Oceans:

a. Coral Vita, Bahamas: A truly cutting-edge breakthrough in coral farming that can restore our world’s dying coral reefs.

b. Living Seawalls, Australia: Innovative and replicable seawall panels bringing marine life back to coastal sea defences.

c. Pristine Seas, USA: An unprecedented global conservation programme protecting 6.5 million square km of the world’s ocean.

(4) Build a Waste-Free World:

a. The City of Milan Food Waste Hubs, Italy: A city-wide initiative that has dramatically cut waste while tackling hunger.

b. Sanergy, Kenya: A circular sanitation solution that converts human waste into safe products for local farmers.

c. WOTA BOX, Japan: A tiny water treatment plant that turns 98% of wastewater into clean water.

(5) Fix our Climate:

a. AEM Electrolyser, Thailand/Germany/Italy: An ingenious green hydrogen technology developed to transform how we power our homes and buildings.

b. Reeddi Capsules, Nigeria: Solar-powered energy capsules making electricity affordable and accessible in energy-poor communities.

c. SOLbazaar, Bangladesh: The world’s first peer-to-peer energy exchange network in a country on the front-line of climate change.

This is enormously impressive & the finalists are fascinating.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #10031 on: September 18, 2021, 12:25:44 AM »

It's a great idea, and these sound like amazing organizations.  So well done for spotlighting them because even the ones that don't win will have a tremendous boost in visibility and awareness, and hopefully then donations from the public or sponsors!   Thumb up

However...

I cannot get past him saying we need to reduce our fossil fuel consumption when he fails to lead the way in that.  Not only that but we all know his personal carbon footprint would dwarf the sum total of the majority of us Dishers put together.  And when you factor in Queen Elizabeth successfully lobbying the Scottish government to be literally the only person exempt from the Green Energy laws...all I see is someone who is willing to put other people's money where his mouth is, but who isn't willing in anyway to walk the walk.

Yes I know he has a peculiar set of needs for security and I'm not interested in rehashing that argument.  But literally nothing in the way he chooses to live backs up how he wants the rest of us to live.  Either this is an urgent crisis or it isn't, and if it is, then lead by example and convince your family to lead by example as well.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #10032 on: September 18, 2021, 11:37:43 AM »

Really impressed with the Earthshot finalists - the quality, range, different scales, geographic spread

Cool your jets, everyone
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #10033 on: September 18, 2021, 04:34:01 PM »

Really impressed with the Earthshot finalists - the quality, range, different scales, geographic spread

How would one even begin to choose??  I think I lean towards the ones about providing more water (especially the one about converting wastewater into usable water) just because of the sheer urgency and need for reliable clean safe water.  But so many of them are so good.

Maybe Princess Marie can partner with the anti-food waste one from Italy since that's her cause in Denmark...create a continent-wide focus on eliminating food waste!
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10034 on: September 18, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »

It's a great idea, and these sound like amazing organizations.  So well done for spotlighting them because even the ones that don't win will have a tremendous boost in visibility and awareness, and hopefully then donations from the public or sponsors!   Thumb up

However...

I cannot get past him saying we need to reduce our fossil fuel consumption when he fails to lead the way in that.  Not only that but we all know his personal carbon footprint would dwarf the sum total of the majority of us Dishers put together.  And when you factor in Queen Elizabeth successfully lobbying the Scottish government to be literally the only person exempt from the Green Energy laws...all I see is someone who is willing to put other people's money where his mouth is, but who isn't willing in anyway to walk the walk.

Yes I know he has a peculiar set of needs for security and I'm not interested in rehashing that argument.  But literally nothing in the way he chooses to live backs up how he wants the rest of us to live.  Either this is an urgent crisis or it isn't, and if it is, then lead by example and convince your family to lead by example as well.

i agree, and it seems all of the royals are guilty of this.  but no flak from the british media. i wonder why???!!!! Laughing

where's piers and his big mouth??!!!! Laugh bounce
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: