Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 2626863 times)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10470 on: August 01, 2022, 03:45:47 AM »

I would think that Zara or Beatrice might have been a good choice to accompany William and Charlotte, since Kate had a previous engagement.

Zara and Beatrice have their own families. They aren't babysitters for William and Catherine.

From what I have read Beatrice is barely on speaking terms with William anyway so I can't see her going to an event with William.

Neither Zara nor Beatrice are working royals so attending such an event with William would also not be appropriate.
Michelle0187

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10471 on: August 01, 2022, 03:50:56 AM »

Tbh I am disappointed Catherine and Charlotte didnít show to mirror when they watched the mens England team. Iím sure they have their reasons (I read somewhere Catherine was at a sailing event today) but it gives the impression IMO that they see this game as less important than the mens game. I guess it irks me as I feel they do this with Wimbledon where they (or Catherine at least) attend the mens final, the womenís final but not the wheelchair final. They have a very very privileged position and these are the sort of times they can use that to send a message that helps inspire others and show everyone is equal in a sport.  

I donít think Iíd want my kids or wife at the football when there are nasty internet rumours around. Footie fans arenít known to hold back! I also think Kates sailing event was quite a long one and to get back from Plymouth for 5pm would pushing it unless she flew.

Oh yeah I saw tons of things online encouraging ugly chants.
Guess weíll see at trophy presentation.

From I could hear on TV HUGE cheers for William, so It doesn't look like a part of the internet trying to encourage ugly chants against him worked. Though I'm sure some will try to stir up trouble about hugging the players.  

There were people who found a problem

https://mobile.twitter.co...tatus/1553817582179860484
Tbh I am disappointed Catherine and Charlotte didnít show to mirror when they watched the mens England team. Iím sure they have their reasons (I read somewhere Catherine was at a sailing event today) but it gives the impression IMO that they see this game as less important than the mens game. I guess it irks me as I feel they do this with Wimbledon where they (or Catherine at least) attend the mens final, the womenís final but not the wheelchair final. They have a very very privileged position and these are the sort of times they can use that to send a message that helps inspire others and show everyone is equal in a sport.  

I donít think Iíd want my kids or wife at the football when there are nasty internet rumours around. Footie fans arenít known to hold back! I also think Kates sailing event was quite a long one and to get back from Plymouth for 5pm would pushing it unless she flew.

Oh yeah I saw tons of things online encouraging ugly chants.
Guess weíll see at trophy presentation.

The comments in the kp post with charlotte made me grateful he went alone.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10472 on: August 01, 2022, 05:00:20 AM »

And perhaps he was cautioned about this and so thatís why he left her at home. Smart choice.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #10473 on: August 01, 2022, 06:49:59 AM »

Isnít Charlotte seven years old? Letís lay off the demands that she attend events!  Cry
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10474 on: August 01, 2022, 10:43:30 AM »

We are here to discuss things and it was a discussion. Obviously they all do as they please but isnít the whole point of this place to discuss their actions. If you had read my post fully you would also of seen that IMO the family have a habit of attending the already well established, well attended and supported events but donít IMO use their status as much will developing sports. But no letís bring it down to the level of ďdemanding a 7 year old attendsĒ
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10475 on: August 01, 2022, 10:53:23 AM »

George went to the Euro final, and he looked devastated when England lost. There was so many nasty comments and memes, it was not pretty.

Perhaps with that experience, they decided not to take Charlotte and avoid her disappointment being scrutinized and mocked by internet trolls, as it happened to George, on the event of England being defeated. We have seen them a lot this year, but at the end of the day they are children, and I am inclined to believe that W&K did what was best for her based on what happened with George in the other final.

I would have loved Charlotte to be there, but I understand why she did not attend.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #10476 on: August 01, 2022, 03:18:34 PM »

The other big issue with bringing these children to these large events is security protocol. Who guards who is very strict and I donít think random family members can just arrive with one of the Cambridge kids to these events. First, someone like Zara (or Beatrice, Pippa, Carol) have no security. Second, someone like Zara isnít equipped to know what to do in case of a security breach. What happens when Charlotte has to go to the bathroom? What if Zara does? There are just a lot of logistics in play here. For the weird/disturbed, these children could be high value targets. And if anyone knows that, it would be someone like Zara, or any close family member.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10477 on: August 05, 2022, 03:17:58 PM »

Original tweet from Will.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
@KensingtonRoyal

Jul 27
Iím deeply saddened to learn of the killing of Anton Mzimba who I spoke to in November. Committed and brave, rangers like Anton are central to the conservation of Africaís fantastic wildlife. Those responsible must swiftly be brought to justice. My thoughts are with his family. W

Today.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
@KensingtonRoyal

Last week, Anton Mzimba, a ranger in South Africa, was killed.

Rangers like Anton are on the frontline of conservation, protecting people as well as wildlife. Among many roles, they are teachers, carers and researchers, looking out for a natural world that can't defend itself.

This is dangerous work. More than 1000 rangers have been killed in the last ten years, and they need our support more than ever.
There are programmes out there: @Tusk_org has been working with rangers and communities in more than 20 countries for over 30 years to help amplify conservation initiatives.

Their work has increased protection for more than 70 million hectares of land and 40 threatened species.
Last week saw the launch of @Tusk_orgís 2022 Wildlife Ranger Challenge, to generate further support for rangers across Africa.
https://www.tusk.org/our-...ildlife-ranger-challenge/
On the day the challenge was launched, we learnt that Anton was potentially assassinated in his home and his wife severely injured.

More on his murder (not part of Wills tweet. I added it in case anyone wanted to know the story)
https://allafrica.com/stories/202207290029.html
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 03:23:41 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #10478 on: August 05, 2022, 08:43:58 PM »

What a horrible way to die. I wish the friends and family of this man all the best.

I think it's very sensible and sweet of William to write this post.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10479 on: August 06, 2022, 09:13:17 PM »

How sad.

About Maria: I think they try and keep her out of the limelight as much as possible. Remember how she took Louis to the national history museum? She might be able to mingle with the kids in central London without drawing too much attention. I think they want to keep it that way.

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10480 on: August 07, 2022, 02:43:58 AM »

Just saw this. Not sure if itís true.

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10481 on: August 07, 2022, 03:07:32 AM »

I would love to see him address the UN and have a full auditorium - as a comparison to what Harry had.
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #10482 on: August 07, 2022, 12:03:34 PM »

I donít know why anyone at the UN would care what either one has to say.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10483 on: August 07, 2022, 12:54:01 PM »

William is a future Head of State and a leading organisation of a actual project to help the planet. Many people would like to hear him speak on this. Other royals have addressed the UN so why not William - and many have had almost full houses (of course The Queen did have a full house when she addressed the UK).
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10484 on: August 07, 2022, 12:58:09 PM »

If he goes in September he could time it with the UN General Assembly opening towards the end of September when lots of other Heads of State address the General Assembly as well. That would certainly have impact.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: