Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and pictures of Leonore Lilian Maria  (Read 369188 times)
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I like the name. Leonore would not be my choice but the three names fit together wonderfully well. Well done Madeleine. I knew I could trust you. Champagne

Interesting: Drottningholm (where Madeleine was born) was built by queen Hedvig Eleonora.
coolmum
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Singapore Singapore

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »

U are right Lovis, the three names sound wonderful together.

A beautiful name for a beautiful baby. Awwwww........ Champagne
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

Love the choice of middle name. 

My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »

Exactly my thoughts. Why not naming her Eleonora and giving her the nickname Leonore (like Prince Henry is called Harry). Leonore is a nice name but it's not Swedish.

I agree. Smiley IMO Swedish royals should have Swedish names. So far we have one French-American and one German name in this generation of royals. Will Carl Philip's children break the pattern?

Anyways, the Mistress of the Robes was wrong.   Leonore is even more foreign than Estelle. There are around 600 Estelles living in Sweden, but only 90 Leonores, and most of the Leonores go by another name.

http://www.upplysning.se/

Maybe they chose the name because they both have German mothers.

ETA:

BTW, "Leonore" is also a rare name in the United States. It hasn't been in the top 1000 girls' names since 1929.
http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi

Although I think V&D and M&C should have picked Swedish names, I like how the name honors Silvia and Eva O'Neill's background. A lot of royals ignore the mother's ancestry.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:09:36 PM by My13 » Logged
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »

I like the name.  I'm very surprised she was made a princess and a duchess.  That probably would not have happened in Great Britain (sniff - nose in air) since her father doesn't have a title and the titles usually never go down through the females (I'm not condemning or condoning this practice) but I guess the king can allow whoever he wants to be an HRH.  But if they stay in the US, it doesn't matter since we don't recognize titles, as such.  More of a respect thing, I think.  She could always just go by Leo O'Neill. 
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

Leonore ? Like the little Spanish Infanta Leonor ? One little princess called Leonor(e) was enough for the Gotha, according to me.

I don't like this first name. Eleonore, the full name sounds much better. Love the choice of the middle name.  Cool

The baby is very sweet   and deserves his own thread ;-), of course ! I see Madeleine's shape of the head. 

Je suis Charlie
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »

Here some pics of the Leonor/Eleonore of the gotha. My fave is the infanta.
http://www.noblesseetroya...nore-du-gotha/#more-81898
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »

Have any of the papers written about the press conference? I want to know exactly what the Marshal said about M+C+L moving to Sweden.  Thinking
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »

I like the name.  I'm very surprised she was made a princess and a duchess.  That probably would not have happened in Great Britain (sniff - nose in air) since her father doesn't have a title and the titles usually never go down through the females (I'm not condemning or condoning this practice) but I guess the king can allow whoever he wants to be an HRH.  But if they stay in the US, it doesn't matter since we don't recognize titles, as such.  More of a respect thing, I think.  She could always just go by Leo O'Neill. 

I don't see why she'd need a nickname to live her. Leanore, while uncommon, isn't unheard of in the US. It's not as if people wouldn't know how to pronounce it.

Lollie

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »

Do we have any pic of Madeleine as a baby?

Madde as newborn.
Tonja3426

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »

Am I the only one that needs to see more photos of this beautiful baby???  As a member of Team Chris, a photo with Daddy holding her would be divine.  Grin
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »

According to Dagens Nyheter the baptism will take place in the Slottskyrkan in Stockholm, the same church where Estelle was baptized.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/...n-madeleines-dotter-heta/

I hope it will be broadcasted.
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »

^^One of the commentators on SVT said it was a given that it will be broadcasted but with Madde and Chris you never know Wink
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »

This is a very cute pic of Madde

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »

Just so you know, there's a "Madeleine and Chris" thread. Smiley

http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=12649.540

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm not sure there will be enough Leonore "news" to fill a thread like Estelle's, since she's only the spare's daughter, but I could be wrong. Smiley

At first I was going to give you (another) "verbal" warning but your second post took the cake Blink Again: you are NOT a moderator here. You post like you are - that is NOT acceptable. People here can open threads like they want and like who they want without needing consent or having to explain themselves. It is beyond me why you take it upon yourself to try to run things here - reporting a post or simply writing us a pm will do when there's something you wonder about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: