Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope Francis to visit Jordan, Israel and Palestine: May 2014  (Read 11031 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »

love love the skirt of the first outfit.
she looks like hippie in second outfit very stange choice.
i loove when those little royals dress up for big event but i have to say Salma and Iman look silly here these are are clothes for their mom or aunts but definitely not teenagers those earrings on Iman make her looks ridiculous.

Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 12:08:37 AM »

I wonder why she changed clothes. I guess because there was a couple hours between receiving the Pope and visiting the baptism site.  Thinking

I love the first outfit, the white skirt with the "parterre" of flowers   I would wear it myself  Thumb up

The second outfit is not bad but too cocktail for this "touristic" visit of Jordan (the river) and green is the color of Islam, so I would have avoided to wear it, simply to remain neutral (which is always the best choice, as we're all striving for peace and neutrality).

More pics of François in Jordan : http://www.parismatch.com...ancois-en-Jordanie-565958
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:21:14 AM by Marie » Logged

Je suis Charlie
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »

^^^Agreed!!! Thumb up Yes
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 02:15:15 AM »

I wonder why she changed clothes. I guess because there was a couple hours between receiving the Pope and visiting the baptism site.  Thinking

The western suits look formal and stiff - suitable for an official ceremony at the palace.
The baptism site is in a rustic outdoor (probably hot) setting (at the banks of the Jordan river) and the visit there is later in the day. I think it's appropriate that Rania changed into more comfortable, breezy clothes. Her 2nd outfit looks modest and still formal enough for an official event. I'm actually surprised that the Jordanian men did not change into their traditional tunics (I don't know what they're called). They are worn in formal events in the middle east and would've been appropriate for the weather and occasion. The western suits don't look quite right in that setting.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 11:03:21 AM »

This, for me, is why the JRF are head and shoulders above the other Arab RFs. They don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »

^ Yes
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 06:09:35 PM »

This, for me, is why the JRF are head and shoulders above the other Arab RFs. They don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk.
I have to agree. They participate in recognizing other Christian celebrations Christmas/Easter while obviously maintaining their own faith. Also I would imagine that King Abdullah and his siblings have Christian family members on his mother's side too.
Aleksandra

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 08:35:02 PM »

Today, departure

stella

Baby Member

Montserrat Montserrat

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »

I thought Rania looked very pretty in the first outfit.  The second outfit was modest and respectful, bearing in mind Jesus is also a prophet in Islam and that site is holy to both religions because of it.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 09:45:21 PM »

Great job Jordan!
Nice example for all of our countries in tolerance  Yes
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 11:00:17 PM »

Love it  Thumb up
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 11:03:53 PM »

I thought Rania looked very pretty in the first outfit.  The second outfit was modest and respectful, bearing in mind Jesus is also a prophet in Islam and that site is holy to both religions because of it.

Rania manages to look impeccable, glamorous and elegant without showing skin. Her clothes are always modest, respectful of her religion, and yet chic.  Smiley I love both outfits, great choice.
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »

I have to agree. They participate in recognizing other Christian celebrations Christmas/Easter while obviously maintaining their own faith. Also I would imagine that King Abdullah and his siblings have Christian family members on his mother's side too.

In Morocco, other religions are coexisting very well, for centuries and today, and Popes visited the country as well. The Moroccan kings have NOT Christian mothers or siblings. Morocco is the Jordan bis, but in another style.

Je suis Charlie
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »

In Morocco, other religions are coexisting very well, for centuries and today, and Popes visited the country as well. The Moroccan kings have NOT Christian mothers or siblings. Morocco is the Jordan bis, but in another style.
indeed.
Morocco have jewish community that is part of his cultural heritage, jewish coexisting well for centuries inside the Moroccan society and actual king have jewish counselor inside his work team.

Jordan have very important sacred christian sites so i guess its normal to see Pope visiting very often,that's visits are kind of pilgrimage for the vatican popes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: