Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denmark's Complicated Queen  (Read 11245 times)
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

Please feel free to delete this thread if this has already been posted...I found it quite interesting.

http://royalfoibles.com/2...nmarks-complicated-queen/
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »

This is a new one for me.

I just read this: http://royalfoibles.com/2...-up-royal-marriages-11-2/

Here's a star for your find Tinka!  Star
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »

Thank you Tinika ! It's new for me as well  Star

"In interviews Queen Margarethe ll comes off as charming, intelligent, disarmingly likable, and refreshingly down to Earth for an individual who occupies as exalted and antiquated a position as she does. Trine Villemann asserts that this isn’t an act: she’s certainly a warm person in private to the people who spark her interest. Unfortunately, these people consist of her husband, a small group of artists and intellectuals, and the most exalted aristocrats in her realm, and virtually no one else."

Je suis Charlie
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »

2 years ago i visited museo nazionale romano, one of our most grand museum filled with wonderful ancient roman sculptures.
among those marble merveilles, there was a tiny space dedicated to an itinerary show of margrete's decoupage works.
the difference between those ancient masterpieces and her decoupages was striking.
i didn't know marge very well,at those time, pre RD.
but the thought that whoever this queen may be,she had to have a great ego to dare to expose her little nothings in such a grand museum sprung to my mind.

probably she is very self centered and keen on her work, and as the article puts very well,if you don't spark any interest in her, you are out.

but if the article speaks the truth.....fred and jokke are very dull people??

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

Nice find, Tinika!   Star
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:10:30 PM »

Thanks :-).  This site is a gold mine of royal scoop, actually, both old and new! I don't want to take this thread off-topic, but I definitely recommend searching for posts on royal marriages.  Whistle
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »

Wow--Trine Villeman's book sounds like it's full of bombshells! Jumping Has anyone read it?

Thanks for posting, Tinika Smiley Star
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »

This is a new one for me.

I just read this: http://royalfoibles.com/2...-up-royal-marriages-11-2/

Here's a star for your find Tinka!  Star

Sorry for misspelling your name Tinika!! My eyes were barely open this morning! Snore
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:18 PM »

Wow--Trine Villeman's book sounds like it's full of bombshells! Jumping Has anyone read it?

Thanks for posting, Tinika Smiley Star

I read the Villeman book - I was able to download it on my Kindle (its not available to purchase in Canada) Very little negative about Mary - its sub title is about her dysfunctional in-laws!

Has it ever been reviewed or summarized here? I can make an attempt this weekend...its a very light read but I wouldn't recommended it. It was more interesting to learn what a mess Frederick was or is thanks to his awful upbringing. Maybe Joachim hides  it better...but the book seemed to indicate Alexandra has information or knowledge she can hold over him or the DRF and that's why her divorce settlement was so generous.

Here is the last paragraph:

"Yes, I think Mary can make a difference. She has had a hesitant, faltering start as a Crown Princess, but she can still become the best Queen Denmark has ever had - if only she dares to trust Mary Donaldson!"

Make of that what you will!  Thumb up Laughing
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 01:01:36 AM »

Awesome blog! The thing I especially like about that post is that she put the image as a link so that you wouldn't be hit in the face by Daisy's teef   Dead

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:44 AM »

Trine's husband used to be a Dish member for quite a while.
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 04:41:08 AM »

What I think is so interesting is that she refers to the family as "privately impoverished." Would love to know more about THAT.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 05:04:25 AM »

"In interviews Queen Margarethe ll comes off as charming, intelligent, disarmingly likable, and refreshingly down to Earth for an individual who occupies as exalted and antiquated a position as she does. Trine Villemann asserts that this isn’t an act: she’s certainly a warm person in private to the people who spark her interest. Unfortunately, these people consist of her husband, a small group of artists and intellectuals, and the most exalted aristocrats in her realm, and virtually no one else."
[/quote]

So since MEdiana is an artist...whelll photographer kinda artist  Halo does that mean she is in thick with Daisy baby 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 05:39:14 AM »

What I think is so interesting is that she refers to the family as "privately impoverished." Would love to know more about THAT.

Well since around 2001 I guess!
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »

Great find. Trine must not share hubby's dishes, though. I was disappointed that she didn't seem to have Mary pegged.

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: