Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 273   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate: Australia and New Zealand Tour  (Read 628756 times)
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

To be fair to your sib & spouse, they were celebrating an anniversary - unlike Duke & Duchess DoesLittle who just went to be gone. Snare Did they also travel 5000+ miles away? And on taxpayer dollars? See what I mean...? I wouldn't call your sib & their spouse selfish or irresponsible - unlike that other pair... Wink

PS: Didn't HM not want to go to Africa but her father told/ordered her to? I think I read that once...

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »

Apropos of not much, I've just been talking to my mother who is looking after my nephew who is a few weeks younger than George, whilst his parents have gone away for a couple of nights to celebrate their anniversary.... sounds kinda familiar no? 
It doesn't sound the least bit "familiar" to me. I'm guessing that your nephew's parents (is it your sister, or your brother's child?) haven't flown 10 hrs away from their infant; they're away for a couple of nights as opposed to a lengthy holiday; and I'm also guessing that they work hard (whether in or out of the home) and have earned a little "alone" time; and also that they take care of their child themselves without round-the-clock nannies.
IMO, what they're doing is in no way a comparison to/excuse for Willnot and Kannot's obscene use of taxpayer money for yet another holiday, their disgusting laziness, and disregard for their child.
MadMissManton
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »

Hate to say this, but on royal tours, aren't all the engagements fluffy? I hated the Asian tour W&K did. I thought the Canadian tour was organized better and W&K were at their best. It could have and should have been a brilliant launching pad.
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »

Apropos of not much, I've just been talking to my mother who is looking after my nephew who is a few weeks younger than George, whilst his parents have gone away for a couple of nights to celebrate their anniversary.... sounds kinda familiar no? 
It doesn't sound the least bit "familiar" to me. I'm guessing that your nephew's parents (is it your sister, or your brother's child?) haven't flown 10 hrs away from their infant; they're away for a couple of nights as opposed to a lengthy holiday; and I'm also guessing that they work hard (whether in or out of the home) and have earned a little "alone" time; and also that they take care of their child themselves without round-the-clock nannies.
IMO, what they're doing is in no way a comparison to/excuse for Willnot and Kannot's obscene use of taxpayer money for yet another holiday, their disgusting laziness, and disregard for their child.

Star

I have no doubt there'll be a second vacation coming up right after the tour, too, to celebrate their "real" anniversary, if not the annual skiing trip with the Middletons.
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 08:32:21 PM »

Star Yes Thumb up

honeybunny

Muted
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »

:star:I have no doubt there'll be a second vacation coming up right after the tour, too, to celebrate their "real" anniversary, if not the annual skiing trip with the Middletons.

Dude, I hope they go on the ski trip, they'll be finished.

They haven't even arrived and already it's liking to be a disaster:

*The comments in the DM about the tour are uniformly negative
*The entire schedule is one big holiday filled with posh events and appearances that haven't really been set up to promote good relations
*The Maori King has made it clear that they are not welcome and this is a set of PR that is already just plain bad in terms of omens
*NZ is contemplating changing the flag without the British flag on their national flag
*Press coverage might not be friendly since the Cambs have made it clear just how insane they are when it comes to getting photographed
*It's obvious they are going to be taking a 'break' at a posh resort during the time there, spending even more NZ tax money

I give it a few days and the coverage will be negative and will finalize the decision for NZ and Australia to break away and become independent.
Well I don't think it will be a disaster.
No way will any press really tell it like it is, so we will be fed the usual " Aussies show up in the thousands to welcome a lovely and fashionable Kate and her charming Prince Dianus" without saying that the crowd pictured was actually at a traffic jam unrelated to the visit.
The holiday in between will be portrayed as a tiny respite for the otherwise worked till exhaustion couple, that used the little getaway to spark their never-ending love (see the sparkle in her eyes... oi) etc etc... No, honeybunny, I wish I could support your idea, but I suspect PR will let them come out glorious. (BTW, while I absolutely condemn their getaway luxury holiday... isn't it unfair for Loverboy and his doormat, that people envy him? After all a visit to Kenia (with the kids stored home with a nanny) saw QEII at the treetops hotel while her Daddy the king lie dying...and nobody bat an eye over that)

Thing is, it's different; before now they still had some goodwill left and the reason their post-wedding tour was good PR is because it was right after and they were a new shiny royal couple and frankly had the ability to fool people.

Now, they are at a point where there is universal disgust, they have offended the Maori King, then of course there is the fact that they are making it clear that the NZ taxpayers will be footing a brief stay at a luxe resort, as if meet and greets are nothing but a source of stress.

The appearances aren't substantial and it's not like anyone is really respectful of the RF, much less the Dipwit and Wipwitess of Cambridge. I don't think for five minutes that this will go down well, no matter how much the press hypes this; the press can rave, but the reality is different.

Hate to say this, but on royal tours, aren't all the engagements fluffy? I hated the Asian tour W&K did. I thought the Canadian tour was organized better and W&K were at their best. It could have and should have been a brilliant launching pad.

Thing is, that it would be more interesting and worthwhile if some sincere intelligent effort were put into this. Diana was a fashion icon and put sincere effort into making herself look good and over time she really evolved and she genuinely enjoyed being around people. She did a lot, all she did was because she knew how much she meant to so many people and she knew that there were a lot of people who valued her help and even just attention.

William and Kate have made it clear that their appearance is something that should be enough for people, they don't put sincere effort into looking appropriate, looking good, and neither have shown a sincere interest in meeting people. Kate can't even dress in an appropriate hemline or make a handwritten note and William is always going crazy about invasion of privacy and both set up boundaries that the public should 'stay in their place.'

Since their last tour too many negative things have happened and people are tired of their drama.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

Cannot believe this, they've booked a holiday during the tour  Dead Dead Dead Dead

http://au.ibtimes.com/art...atakauri.htm#.Uy4ZGdzkjwK

the couple will be staying in the romantic vacation retreat place for one night without Prince George.

They have allegedly booked the entire lodge, which includes four suites and six villas, to protect their privacy. They are expected to occupy in the Owner’s Cottage, which would allow them to enjoy a private balcony and admire the lake and mountain views from a Jacuzzi.

IIRC the two were rowed/shuttled to a small island for a day&nite that was totally private with scuba and snorkelling during the stop in the Solomon Islands while on the Jubilee SE Asia trip.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »

Well to be honest, without getting into my deep seated personal issues with my sister and her pig of a husband, I think they are spoilt, selfish, lazy and irresponsible,  if you wanted to be nit picky, he is a civil servant so taxpayer funded, she is on maternity pay from the charity she works for, so funded by the donations of we the givers, the baby goes to a childminder 3 days a week, they've gone to spain by ferry/cruise which is a more than 24 hours journey time and they will be away for best part of the week.  My father finished his chemo two weeks ago and they are both exhausted.. but heck its their anniversary so good luck to them, i love them dearly but saints they ain't...
But anyhoo.... its interesting that people leap to the defence of my sister without having any information about her..  I'm not critizing you so please don't take offence, but what I mean is, that when you only have a couple of bits of information about a situation you can be led to think one way or another. Parenting is a personal business and actually we know very little about what goes on behind the closed doors of KP or wherever else they hang out.  We all make judgements based on little scraps of information and sometimes the scraps don't tell the whole or true story of whats going on.. Right now, William may have just bathed George and is now giving him his bedtime milk whilst reading a story to him... alternatively W&K could be spread out on the sofa with their feet up laughing at Harry's antarctic antics necking champagne whilst nanny deals with the brat - we just don't know.

Anyhoo again, back to the tour...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:59:06 PM by Fertiv » Logged
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »

Tour Itinerary is:

NEW ZEALAND

April 7 - Wellington: Arrive to ceremonial welcome.
    April 8 - Rest.
    April 9 - Wellington: Meet parents and their babies at Government House, hopefully with George.
    April 10 - Blenheim: Events to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War.
    Wellington: State Reception where William will unveil a portrait of the Queen.
    April 11 - Auckland: Meet serving air force personnel and their families. Race each other across Auckland Harbour in Team New Zealand Americas Cup yachts. Ride on a Sealegs craft - boat that can be driven into and out of water.
    April 12 - Waikato: William views an aircraft factory while Kate goes to a children’s hospice. Both travel through Hamilton town centre and meet Olympic athletes and open the new velodrome.
    April 13 - Dunedin (Travel away from George for one night): Maori tribal welcome, visit cathedral then watch and participate in a Rippa Rugby tournament - non contact rugby.
    Queenstown: Wine tasting, travel on the Shotover Jet - 50mph white water ride.
    April 14 - Christchurch: Ceremony for those who died in 2011 earthquake. Watch a 2015 Cricket World Cup event, later visit air force museum and memorial wall.
    April 15 - Rest.
    April 16 - Wellington: Visit a police training college, sign the city’s visitor book then depart.           

AUSTRALIA           

April 16 - Sydney: Arrive and attend reception at the Sydney Opera House.
    April 17 - Sydney: Fire-ravaged street in Blue Mountains.
    April 18 - Sydney: Attend the Royal Easter Show, visit a children’s hospice before watching a demonstration by surf life-saving volunteers.
    April 19 - Brisbane: RAF base visit then reception for Queensland’s young people.
    April 20 - Sydney: Cathedral service then visit Taronga Zoo where the bilby enclosure is being named after Prince George.
    April 21 - Rest.
    April 22 - Uluru (Ayres Rock) (Second night away from George): Visit the National Indigenous Training Academy, view Aboriginal art display then walk round part of the rock.
    April 23 - Adelaide: View young people’s music workshop and watch skateboarding display.
    April 24 - Canberra: Visit the National Portrait Gallery, attend a reception at Parliament House, plant a tree at the National Arboretum.
    April 25 - Canberra: Attend ANZAC Day March, lay a wreath and plant a ‘Lone Pine’ tree in the Memorial Garden.
    Depart for home.

georgette

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »

Well to be honest, without getting into my deep seated personal issues with my sister and her pig of a husband, I think they are spoilt, selfish, lazy and irresponsible,  if you wanted to be nit picky, he is a civil servant so taxpayer funded, she is on maternity pay from the charity she works for, so funded by the donations of we the givers, the baby goes to a childminder 3 days a week, they've gone to spain by ferry/cruise which is a more than 24 hours journey time and they will be away for best part of the week.  My father finished his chemo two weeks ago and they are both exhausted.. but heck its their anniversary so good luck to them, i love them dearly but saints they ain't...
But anyhoo.... its interesting that people leap to the defence of my sister without having any information about her..  I'm not critizing you so please don't take offence, but what I mean is, that when you only have a couple of bits of information about a situation you can be led to think one way or another. Parenting is a personal business and actually we know very little about what goes on behind the closed doors of KP or wherever else they hang out.  We all make judgements based on little scraps of information and sometimes the scraps don't tell the whole or true story of whats going on.. Right now, William may have just bathed George and is now giving him his bedtime milk whilst reading a story to him... alternatively W&K could be spread out on the sofa with their feet up laughing at Harry's antartarctic antics necking champagne whilst nanny deals with the brat - we just don't know.

Anyhoo again, back to the tour...

I understand what you are saying Fertiv...I've always enjoyed your posts by the way...I just think a lot of the recent judging of this pair is based on the amount of holidaying they seem to be doing...jmo
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »

It's not just the amount of holidays for me but the lack of work to justify it... doing one or two appearances a month doesn't justify having a holiday every month or every other month No If they went on two holidays a year and worked half as much as other members of the RF then I would cut them some slack... but it will never happen No

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »

Well to be honest, without getting into my deep seated personal issues with my sister and her pig of a husband, I think they are spoilt, selfish, lazy and irresponsible,  if you wanted to be nit picky, he is a civil servant so taxpayer funded, she is on maternity pay from the charity she works for, so funded by the donations of we the givers, the baby goes to a childminder 3 days a week, they've gone to spain by ferry/cruise which is a more than 24 hours journey time and they will be away for best part of the week.  My father finished his chemo two weeks ago and they are both exhausted.. but heck its their anniversary so good luck to them, i love them dearly but saints they ain't...
So you're saying that your sister and her husband are worse than--and costing the nation *more* than Willnot & Kannot--  Whistle

I'm not critizing you so please don't take offence
Oh, no worries--no offence taken. You're very good at what you do. Smiley

Right now, William may have just bathed George and is now giving him his bedtime milk whilst reading a story to him...
Laughing    Laughing    Laughing
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 01:39:42 AM »

Right now, William may have just bathed George and is now giving him his bedtime milk whilst reading a story to him...
Laughing    Laughing    Laughing

Of course you're right that wouldn't be happening, William will be far too busy doing his homework surely...
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »

I don't know if it had be already posted, but this article is interesting because it shows Billy and Waity real involment in the common wealth...

"Celebs to get a look at royalty on Canberra visit"
^ http://www.canberratimes....visit-20140322-35ank.html

"THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will get up close and personal with Australian celebrities during the Canberra leg of their Australian tour."

The young royals will meet the celebrities the following day at the National Portrait Gallery where they will view two exhibitions and meet some of subjects of the portraits.
The gallery has just unveiled the joyful PROMO: Portraits From Prime Time exhibition, which features a host of famous Australian faces including MasterChef's Matt Preston who is comically pictured elbow-deep in a sink scrubbing a mountain of dirty dishes.
Not far from Preston, actress Rebel Wilson is shown luxuriating in a bubble bath and comedian Chris Lilley is surrounded by a love heart of balloons dressed as his alter ego - the private schoolgirl Ja'mie.
The duchess is the patron of National Portrait Gallery in London and the visit to the Canberra gallery is expected to resonate particularly for her.
After the gallery visit, the duke and duchess will move to Parliament House, where Prime Minister Tony Abbott will host a reception in their honour.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes....-35ank.html#ixzz2wtI7OHv1

This 'state visit' looks more and more like a vacation with entertainment.  Roll Eyes So useless...

DuchessofWaiting

Large Member

Australia Australia

Her Majesty, Queen Bananas & Her Consort, Handbag

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »

Cannot believe this, they've booked a holiday during the tour  Dead Dead Dead Dead

http://au.ibtimes.com/art...atakauri.htm#.Uy4ZGdzkjwK

the couple will be staying in the romantic vacation retreat place for one night without Prince George.

They have allegedly booked the entire lodge, which includes four suites and six villas, to protect their privacy. They are expected to occupy in the Owner’s Cottage, which would allow them to enjoy a private balcony and admire the lake and mountain views from a Jacuzzi.

IIRC the two were rowed/shuttled to a small island for a day&nite that was totally private with scuba and snorkelling during the stop in the Solomon Islands while on the Jubilee SE Asia trip.

You are correct. They stayed at some lodge in Canada. They sure did stay on Tavanipupu and had exclusive access.

If they really wanted to do it up right, they could fly four hours outside of Sydney to Laucala Island in Fiji and stay In the owner's villa which is a said to be a staggering $42k USD/night.

As if these two nitwits need another luxury break. Their whole tour is a holiday.

"Can you see, my love?"
"Awww."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 273   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: