Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 273   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate: Australia and New Zealand Tour  (Read 668698 times)
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #4035 on: April 30, 2014, 06:23:51 AM »

I think Australia is lucky.
It becomes the first nation to see the inside of Fred and Mary's home. Not even the Danish papers, who report to the Danish public who pays for the renovation and their livelihood, got to see them.

It becomes the first nation to see Baby George in his full glory, while the Brits have to pray for x-ray vision to look inside a pram.

About prams, after seeing how big George has grown into (in Australia), which is like a week or so after the Maria and pram outing in the park, it seems that the pram might be "too snug" for George?
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #4036 on: April 30, 2014, 07:23:27 AM »

Keep on pushing the post trip PR

http://www.dailymail.co.u...l-skills-say-experts.html

That article REALLY annoys me

It's annoying because it's bulltish.  Utter rubbish.

One of the paedatricians says George is advanced because he can stand up holding onto something?  Some nine month old babies walk.  Does that mean George is developmentally delayed because he can't stand unaided and walk like they can?  Does that mean he's slow and not as smart?  Nope, it's all normal and all within the spectrum of regular baby development.

Why do they insist on publishing some rot?  Do the true believers really need these fairy stories as fuel to continue adoring their heroes?

And there's two paedatricians you probably don't want to see.  They're prepared to talk nonsense to get into the papers.
You are quite right Spoonie. My eldest daughter was walking at ten months, and my younger one didn't move a muscle until she was about thirteen months, yet my younger daughter is the cleverer of the two, and even the eldest will admit it.
Kashka

Medium Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #4037 on: April 30, 2014, 08:12:21 AM »

...As to Kate as a royal housewife, well  I think its the case that she wants to do that...  

Kate wants to be a “housewife”?  Laughing  Laughing   Laughing

Housewives cook, clean, and do laundry. 
They are the primary caretakers of their children.
They plan meals, do the grocery shopping and the cooking. 
They clean and do laundry. They run errands. They do the family paperwork (a massive task).
They ensure that maintenance on their home is taken care of.
They plan/worry about the family budget and they pay the bills. They handle the family correspondence and social obligations.
And they do so much more. They are unsung heroes.

Housewives WORK HARD.  Kate is not a housewife. Kate is a LAZY COW who does nothing but shop and get her hair done.  And decorate---and redecorate---her palaces/mansions.
JMHO, of course.

Good post!  Star Star Star
So much for Kate & Wills wanting to be 'normal' and 'just like us'. Dead
Last time I checked I did not have a housekeeper, cleaner, maid, butler, personal assistant, private secretary, nanny, cook, gardener, hair stylist, who the hell knows who else working for me.
Last time I checked I had two kids, did all of the above AND spent 3 full days each week working in paid employment.
I am sick and tired of the lazy Lamebridges pretending that they work hard and are "just like us". Dead
Rant over.  Smiley
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4038 on: April 30, 2014, 08:37:39 AM »

It's annoying because it's bulltish.  Utter rubbish.

One of the paedatricians says George is advanced because he can stand up holding onto something?  Some nine month old babies walk.  Does that mean George is developmentally delayed because he can't stand unaided and walk like they can?  Does that mean he's slow and not as smart?  Nope, it's all normal and all within the spectrum of regular baby development.

Why do they insist on publishing some rot?  Do the true believers really need these fairy stories as fuel to continue adoring their heroes?

And there's two paedatricians you probably don't want to see.  They're prepared to talk nonsense to get into the papers.
You are quite right Spoonie. My eldest daughter was walking at ten months, and my younger one didn't move a muscle until she was about thirteen months, yet my younger daughter is the cleverer of the two, and even the eldest will admit it.

If there is a barrel that needs its bottom scraping you can bet your life that DM will be in there like a shot, click fodder for the great unwashed... personally, I haven't read it as I try to avoid reading things that make me go ugggggggghhhhh.  its a baby, it does some things, sometimes, at some point

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #4039 on: April 30, 2014, 08:45:31 AM »

It's this tragic desperation to prove that the kid is special.

Of course he's special.  All babies are.  I don't buy the magic hoo-ha theory so I don't believe he is any better prepared or genetically predisposed, at this point, to be a head of state more than any other nine month old.  He might be smarter than some and not as smart as others.

He's not a wonderkid.  He's a kid.  Sadly, there will be people who believe he is better than other children.   Thumb down

You can call me TrollSpoon.
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4040 on: April 30, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »

A great-granddaughter of one of my Grandmother's friends was walking at 6 months... so, in comparison to her, Poor George is slow... Whistle

One of the Peasants

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4041 on: April 30, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »

Of course he's special.  All babies are.  I don't buy the magic hoo-ha theory so I don't believe he is any better prepared or genetically predisposed, at this point, to be a head of state more than any other nine month old.  He might be smarter than some and not as smart as others.

He's not a wonderkid.  He's a kid.  Sadly, there will be people who believe he is better than other children.   Thumb down

If the parents are anything to go by, he will be average at best.  If they are trying to prove this kid is special it is only because his parents are so underwhelming, so mentally dull, so bereft of any obvious mental stimulation and no the NPG does not count for Waity.  They have what they have because of their privilege in the V-lottery, nothing more.  With Bill's sense of entitlement and lack of common sense and with Waity's lack of, well just about everything, compassion, sense of duty, work ethic I do not see this kid being much different.  There is a definite arc with the RF where monarchs had to know something and then it slowly dumbed down to petulant princes to the very low side of that arc that is now Bill, Harry and George and others that I should not mention on this thread as it is OT.   Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking

Where's Carl
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #4042 on: April 30, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »

If the parents are anything to go by, he will be average at best.  If they are trying to prove this kid is special it is only because his parents are so underwhelming, so mentally dull, so bereft of any obvious mental stimulation and no the NPG does not count for Waity.  They have what they have because of their privilege in the V-lottery, nothing more.  With Bill's sense of entitlement and lack of common sense and with Waity's lack of, well just about everything, compassion, sense of duty, work ethic I do not see this kid being much different.  There is a definite arc with the RF where monarchs had to know something and then it slowly dumbed down to petulant princes to the very low side of that arc that is now Bill, Harry and George and others that I should not mention on this thread as it is OT.   Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking

ITA  Thumb up

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4043 on: April 30, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »

Grasping at straws to make the tour relevant..... Snore

Yellow Fever! The Kate effect strikes again as eBay sees sales of dresses in sunshine colours DOUBLE

Whatever she wears turns to gold, and even a week after returning from the royal tour of New Zealand and Australia, the Duchess of Cambridge's wardrobe choices are still sending shoppers into a frenzy.

Website eBay has seen a 95 per cent rise in sales of yellow dresses - a summery hue Kate championed twice during the 19-day trip.

Blink
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4044 on: April 30, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »

It has nothing to do with it being SPRING now does it??
Yellow dresses Real mad
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #4045 on: May 01, 2014, 12:21:12 AM »

Oh I am loving the shade thrown in this article.

http://www.telegraph.co.u...-shall-we-talk-about.html
---------
But rather than holding hands and enjoying the rock’s famous red glow as the sun dipped below the horizon, the Duke and Duchess were frogmarched to a photo call in front of the world’s media.
“So, what shall we talk about?” the Duke joked to his wife as they stood self-consciously on a pre-arranged spot.
-------
Just as the Prince and Princess of Wales had done 31 years ago as they stood in almost the same place, the Duke and Duchess found it impossible to be spontaneous. The Duke stood with his hands behind his back as if he had been ordered to stand “at ease” while the Duchess knitted her fingers together out front. Putting their arms around each other appeared to be out of the question.
----------
“Well that was interesting,” said the Duke. “I actually thought the sun was going to be behind us for some reason, but it's the other way around.”
Members of the public had also gathered at the car park which is the designated place for viewing the sunset, and one schoolgirl told the Duchess: “You were both like magic when the photos were being taken, I was like ‘How are they not swatting flies away?’”
The Duchess laughed: “I know. It was difficult,” she said. The Duke said to his wife: “It’s a beautiful sight though. Quite breath-taking.”
Hibou

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4046 on: May 01, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »

It is annoying. Some kids never crawl. They just stand up one day and off they go. Brain and muscle development at this age is unpredictable and many a parent has thought they had "baby Einstein" only to find out later that all that bragging was for not. Baby Einsteins are extremely rare. Why not just appreciate the child and enjoy his discoveries of the world around him. It reminds me of those bumper stickers here in the US that read "my kid is an honors student. " JMO

One of the paedatricians says George is advanced because he can stand up holding onto something?  Some nine month old babies walk.  Does that mean George is developmentally delayed because he can't stand unaided and walk like they can?  Does that mean he's slow and not as smart?  Nope, it's all normal and all within the spectrum of regular baby development.

Why do they insist on publishing some rot?  Do the true believers really need these fairy stories as fuel to continue adoring their heroes?

And there's two paedatricians you probably don't want to see.  They're prepared to talk nonsense to get into the papers.
Hibou

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4047 on: May 01, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »

It is annoying. Some kids never crawl. They just stand up one day and off they go. Brain and muscle development at this age is unpredictable and many a parent has thought they had "baby Einstein" only to find out later that all that bragging was for not. Baby Einsteins are extremely rare. Why not just appreciate the child and enjoy his discoveries of the world around him. It reminds me of those bumper stickers here in the US that read "my kid is an honors student. " JMO

Oops sorry guys. I messed up and my comment ended up in the middle.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #4048 on: May 01, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »

A great-granddaughter of one of my Grandmother's friends was walking at 6 months... so, in comparison to her, Poor George is slow... Whistle

Photo! Or it didn't happen!  Tongue
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4049 on: May 01, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »

My grandmother didn't believe it either until she saw her with her own eyes! LOL Icecream

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 273   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: