Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate: Australia and New Zealand Tour  (Read 680511 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4050 on: May 01, 2014, 07:41:33 PM »

Not to be size-ist but skinny babies do learn to walk sooner, even as young as 6 months. Its totally surreal to see a baby walking that young but it happens. Chubbier babies (which I find cuter - my bias!) take a little longer I think to find their balance. But so what? I don't think it really matters in terms of who is ahead. As the song says - its not where you start its where you finish. George walking early does not mean he will be exempt from his parents laziness.
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #4051 on: October 08, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »

The numbers are in. The great wine tasting and wedge marthaon on the beach tour only cost... $500,000.

Budget royal tour or wildly expensive vacation on the taxpayer's dime?

http://www.dailymail.co.u...half-million-dollars.html

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4052 on: October 08, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

The numbers are in. The great wine tasting and wedge marthaon on the beach tour only cost... $500,000.

Budget royal tour or wildly expensive vacation on the taxpayer's dime?

http://www.dailymail.co.u...half-million-dollars.html

I doubt the numbers are correct or include all costs. When Harry was invited to Sydney for 2 days they said it cost $125,000. He travels with much less entourage (and no baby including own staff), was only in one city, isn't know for always having to have first class arrangements (travel and accommodation) and probably doesn't get the future king treatment and presents. So I think one of the numbers is manipulated and looking at the article comparing the money HM "wasted" on her visit with thrifty Will and Kate I think it's W&K's. Unless the UK was made to pay part of the trip because it was a "forced" invitation. JMO
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #4053 on: October 08, 2014, 11:13:05 AM »

I agree. Between the private lodge and the glamping for the pair and their entourage can't come cheap. Not even getting into security costs or the rent-a-crowd fees.

Wasn't it estimated before the trip that the cost would be in the 1-2 million range.

But it gives petulant willy the chance to get some "good pr" (no one has forgotten about the ten million dollar renovations) at the expense of his grandmother. William is more important than she... Correct?

I wonder what the legitimate number is.

luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4054 on: October 08, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »

Harry's trip was actually two cities and he stayed in hotels not Government House. That added to his costs as he and all his security and entourage have to have first class accommodation (I remember when Eugenie was on her gap year and she was staying in hostels it was reported that the security had to have first class accommodation when off duty as it is a requirement that they are housed in 5 star accommodation). William and Kate's security would have been housed at Government House - which would have no costs involved as this is simply a home with a number of rooms for people to stay.

This is also only the cost for the Australian leg so the private lodge isn't included - that would be in the NZ figures.

The 'glamping' may even have been 'free' as it was great publicity for them to have William and Kate stay there.

This figure doesn't include the security costs.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4055 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »

Harry's trip was actually two cities and he stayed in hotels not Government House. That added to his costs as he and all his security and entourage have to have first class accommodation (I remember when Eugenie was on her gap year and she was staying in hostels it was reported that the security had to have first class accommodation when off duty as it is a requirement that they are housed in 5 star accommodation). William and Kate's security would have been housed at Government House - which would have no costs involved as this is simply a home with a number of rooms for people to stay.

This is also only the cost for the Australian leg so the private lodge isn't included - that would be in the NZ figures.

The 'glamping' may even have been 'free' as it was great publicity for them to have William and Kate stay there.

This figure doesn't include the security costs.

It is a requirement for the security to stay at a 5 star accommodations off duty?  Blink Wow, no wonder they don't quit their job keeping W&K safe even when they must be bored to death most of the times.
Re W&K's glamping: I thought freebies are not allowed for RF especially on a royal tour (excluding presents but I read they are approved beforehand). 

If the security costs are not included in the numbers the RPO's hotel bill should not as well because that's part of the cost, isn't it. That only leaves Harry and his entourage. How many did accompany him for his two days trip 2 or 3?

I just looked for the article stating Harry's trip cost and it was actually $150,000. Compared to other guests it's quite high but he is a member or the RF of OZ, maybe they get a different treatment. But you are right, Harry was also in Perth and Will and Kate did stay at Goverment House. They also didn't do much, so of course their numbers are not as high as HM's. But I still doubt that's the correct ammount of money. It would be interesting to get the costs of the whole tour including NZ because I think the travel cost to and from London was split between NZ and OZ.

http://www.smh.com.au/fed...50000-20140531-39aqd.html
BTW is it US$ or OZ$?
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4056 on: October 08, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »

I don't know about rent-a-crowd for William and Kate in Australia, actually. I was at one of their appearances in Sydney with my family and they got a good crowd. We and the people around us weren't rented. Friends were up in Brisbane at one of their briefer engagements and they attracted a large crowd. My friends weren't part of a rent-a-crowd either.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4057 on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »

The numbers in the article above do not include security costs which you can be sure were in the hundreds of thousands, if not higher.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4058 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »

The figures do not include the cost of security, which reportedly cost more than $1.5 million.

The Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet did not confirm who covered the security bill by time of publication.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...ollars.html#ixzz3FY1QkObe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Roll Eyes

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4059 on: October 08, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »

I don't know about rent-a-crowd for William and Kate in Australia, actually. I was at one of their appearances in Sydney with my family and they got a good crowd. We and the people around us weren't rented. Friends were up in Brisbane at one of their briefer engagements and they attracted a large crowd. My friends weren't part of a rent-a-crowd either.

Well there is no need for a “rent a crowd” for any members of the BRF. They are  Australia's  own Monarchy  they cost us for security on their visits as do all other countries who deem to send their heads of state or Monarchy here.

So probably better to pay for security for the BRF who will get reported world wide more than any other obscure country.

So Ok if Denmark want’s to pay for 200 + Danes to get bussed around the country and curtsy to M & F, the florist for boxed flowers and a local PR company to promote her who really cares. a few extra dollars into locals pocket and a half a dozen people who will buy N I & W D  to see when Marge will cark it and the reins will be handed over to Queen Mary. doesn't matter to most of us, we Aussies don’t really care and will make no difference to us.

Keep going Mary try and make your mark some of us will be laughing all the way to the bank Banana Banana Banana

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:18:09 PM by Henny, Reason: Typo error » Logged
nationalanthem

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4060 on: October 08, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

yea I don't mind the idea of "rent a crowd" if they are paying local businesses for the flowers etc. I actually thinks that's kinda awesome.. albeit sad that people wouldn't turn out on their own.

but I STILL cannot get the image out of my head of those protesters flashing Will and Kate during a walkabout. I cant recall if it was in NZ or Australia but that picture is hilarious!  Laughing
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4061 on: October 08, 2014, 02:04:33 PM »

yea I don't mind the idea of "rent a crowd" if they are paying local businesses for the flowers etc. I actually thinks that's kinda awesome.. albeit sad that people wouldn't turn out on their own.

but I STILL cannot get the image out of my head of those protesters flashing Will and Kate during a walkabout. I cant recall if it was in NZ or Australia but that picture is hilarious!  Laughing

Yep nationalanthem it is awesome that Denmark wants to pay Aussies/Danes to worship Mary and the protestors flashing Will & Kate were probably doing it out of their own pocket, how many of them were there? must have missed them in all the fuss about about Wills and Kate  Blush Blush Blush

luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4062 on: October 08, 2014, 02:06:24 PM »

If the security costs are not included in the numbers the RPO's hotel bill should not as well because that's part of the cost, isn't it. That only leaves Harry and his entourage. How many did accompany him for his two days trip 2 or 3?

I have no idea if the figure for Harry includes the cost of the security overall but I do know, from what was said in morning TV here this morning, that the figure doesn't include the costs for security for William and Kate. It was also pointed out that the cost of security would be split as the RPOs are paid for by the British taxpayers as they are employees of the British government but the extra costs weren't made clear - did we pay for their hotel rooms or did the British. We did pay for any extra security such as the police at their various events.

BTW is it US$ or OZ$?

I would assume Australian as I can't imagine Aussie TV and press reporting costs to the Australian public in US dollars.
nationalanthem

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4063 on: October 08, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »

Yep nationalanthem it is awesome that Denmark wants to pay Aussies/Danes to worship Mary and the protestors flashing Will & Kate were probably doing it out of their own pocket, how many of them were there? must have missed them in all the fuss about about Wills and Kate  Blush Blush Blush

of course now I can't find the picture to link you to it, ugh. I'm pretty sure I read about it either on Kate Midd Review or Love Lola Heart.

this protest was during their visit to Aukland. not as memorable as the flashers lol, but it'll do until I can find the photo.

article link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/n...14-protest-banner-3400807
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4064 on: October 08, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »

of course now I can't find the picture to link you to it, ugh. I'm pretty sure I read about it either on Kate Midd Review or Love Lola Heart.

this protest was during their visit to Aukland. not as memorable as the flashers lol, but it'll do until I can find the photo.

article link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/n...14-protest-banner-3400807

Thanks for that I didn't see it at the time but it probably cost around $200 aussie dollars a lot of guy's do that sort of thing to propose marriage to their girlfriends.
I think Marys  crap costs a lot more, but hell who cares Denmark is paying the bill Jumping Jumping Jumping Jumping a lot more cash than that going into Aussies bank accounts Banana Banana Banana
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: