Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CG & Silvia news  (Read 188533 times)
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: October 15, 2018, 10:08:20 PM »

Here I am side eyeing the medal placement on that dress...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: October 15, 2018, 10:10:27 PM »

Here I am side eyeing the medal placement on that dress...

Laugh bounce  I bet CG loved it though.
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: November 13, 2018, 11:46:30 AM »

STOCKHOLM 20181113 King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia welcoming Sergio Matarella The President of Italy, at the Royal Stables in Stockholm, Sweden, Tuesday November 13, 2018. The President of Italy is on a three day State Visit to Sweden. Foto: Claudio Bresciani.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »

is that woman his wife?

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2018, 11:51:25 AM »

is that woman his wife?

G Confused

No, his daughter. His wife passed away a few years ago.
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »

Never completely trust the captions accompanying stories or pictures. Here was an error: 

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Sergio Matarella, The President of Italy, and his wife Laura at the Royal Stables in Stockholm, Sweden, Tuesday November 13, 2018. The President of Italy is on a three day State Visit to Sweden.

https://www.belgaimage.be...;&text=queen%20silvia
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2018, 12:47:06 PM »

Silvia and CG are in NY for a few days and made a visit to the UN Headquarters

Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: November 22, 2018, 07:48:26 PM »

After their visit to UN, CG flew back to Sweden, and Silvia went to Miami to celebrate thanksgiving with Madeleine and Chris

https://www.svenskdam.se/...sessan-madeleine-i-miami/
ladytimka007

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2018, 03:30:05 PM »

Silva was in Washington, D.C., last week to honor Nicklas Backstrom, hockey player for Capitals, and other people. I don’t see much cover of the visit, but I did see pics and story on Instagram and Washington Capitals’ fan site. The Queen’s visited with center and spoke at benefit dinner. There are pics about her visit, but I don’t know how to post links to Instagram.

https://mentorfoundationusa.org/benefitdinner/
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: December 13, 2018, 03:44:40 PM »

Before her 75th birthday, Queen Silvia gave a special interview to Elle Sweden. The interview is more than 30 pages and includes numerous photos. In the interview, the Queen tells about her interest in fashion, her Nobel outfits, her grandchildren and her social activities. The interview was made by fashion reporter and journalist Susanne Ljung, and the photos were taken by photographer Camilla Åkrans at Drottningholm Castle. A few of the photos were released on the official Instagram account of the Royal family. Queen Silvia will celebrate her 75th birthday on December 23.

Photo released by the court

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: December 13, 2018, 04:16:41 PM »

Oh I haven’t seen the second photos... how cute 

thecrownjewelthief

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: December 13, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »

What lovely photos of Silvia! She looks very beautiful and relaxed.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: December 26, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »

What lovely photos of Silvia! She looks very beautiful and relaxed.

Congratulations on your 100 posts thecrownjewelthief  Star 

CG's speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3JppKv9WFk

The translation

"Dear Swedes, at home and abroad, all in Sweden!

Christmas in our country can look in many different ways.

Many celebrate with family and friends and gather around the traditions that connect us across the generational boundaries.
Some are alone, for choice or for other reasons. And others do not celebrate Christmas, but may still enjoy the special atmosphere that characterizes Christmas holidays.

Regardless of how your Christmas looks, I hope these days give you the opportunity to reflect and reflect, now that the year is coming to an end and a new one will soon begin.

When I look back on the year that has passed, I am thinking in particular of all the people I met around our country, which in different ways chose to take responsibility. Either in everyday life or in extraordinary situations.
People who have made a difference when they have shown courage, thought and action.
For example, I am thinking of all those who are committed to giving children and young people access to good education and a positive community.
I think of all those who work for sustainable development, where we take better care of the Earth's limited resources. And of course, I also think of all those who set up in various crisis situations - as in the difficult forest fires this summer. Emergency personnel, the armed forces' employees, homeless people and volunteers: There were many in our country who made great sacrifices to fight the fires and minimize its harmful effects. Unlike in other countries, thankfully, no human life was required. But for those who were affected, the injuries were still felt, when generations of forestry went to nothing. When the most acute extinguishing work had been completed, I had the opportunity to visit one of the affected areas, in Ragunda municipality in Jämtland. The Crown Princess couple and the Prince couple made similar visits to Hälsingland and Dalarna.
It was outstanding efforts that employees and volunteers carried out together during these hot summer weeks.
To all of you who contributed, I, therefore, want to express my deeply known respect and gratitude: Thank you for choosing to take responsibility.

2018 has been a brand year, with several important memorial days.
It is 100 years since the cannons silenced on the battlefield of the First World War. A war that cost many millions of human lives. And, unfortunately, that was not the last war that would take place.
This year, it is also 100 years since Sweden's Riksdag, through an agreement in principle, took the first crucial step towards universal and equal voting rights for men and women. Something that laid the foundation for modern Swedish democracy.
This year's parliamentary election was the 29th in the scheme since this important reform was fully implemented. The process of forming a new government has been going on throughout the autumn. Maybe we can become a little impatient. But then our democracy works: Important issues must take their time.
And although there are differences in opinions and orientations, I want to emphasize how much that, after all, unites us all in Sweden. There is a fundamental cohesion, which is shown not least when difficult trials occur.
In 2018, we have also noticed that it is two hundred years since my ancestor, Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, became King Karl XIV Johan.
A little more than a week ago we celebrated that Karl Johan's equestrian statue now got its new location out here at Slottsbacken.
There he now looks out over the newly renovated National Museum - which I had the opportunity to visit together with the Crown Princess and Princess Estelle before the solemn re-opening in November.
Earlier this autumn, the Queen and I visited the Crown Princess couple the city of Pau in France. That was where my ancestor was born in 1763.
And there the Crown Princess received a magnolia plant; a cut from a tree that King Oscar II planted on his visit to Pau in 1899.
It was handed over to the Crown Princess as a gift to Princess Estelle. In the spring it will be planted at Haga Castle. There, it will hopefully take root and eventually flower, as a symbol of history's union with the future.
Yes, we are all part of something bigger than ourselves. We have been reminded many times during the past year.
It can be a place. A story. Or a mission. We are all links in a chain. And we all have a responsibility towards those who come after us.

This applies not least to those of us who represent different institutions of central importance to our country. Those that have existed long before us and which will remain long after we are gone.
At us is a special responsibility to look beyond ourselves. To act in a way that honours the trust we have received - and which, in fact, is only borrowed.

Every year my family and I participate in the Nobel festivities. So even this year. According to Alfred Nobel's will, the Nobel Prize will be awarded to the people who "made mankind the greatest benefit" during the year.
And so it really is: This year's laureates have all, in different ways, helped to make our world slightly better.
Yes, they even have rescued human beings. Let these advances, I think, is a good reason to feel the hope of the future!

Just a few days ago we celebrated the Queen's 75th birthday. Over the years, the Queen has worked stubbornly and purposefully to improve the conditions for vulnerable children and young people, but also for people with dementia.And it felt both important and positive to be able to pay attention to these efforts in connection with the Queen's birthday.

During the year we also welcomed a new grandchild, little princess Adrienne. It made us very happy!

Now I look forward to spending a few more days of pleasant socializing with my whole family.

I want to end this Christmas greeting from the Royal Palace in Stockholm by wishing you a happy Christmas - and a happy new year 2019.
"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 12:30:17 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: