Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CG & Silvia news  (Read 333212 times)
Märta

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: October 30, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »

Thumb up
Today CG and Silvia made a visit to the University of Stirling, Scotland, with participants from the research project 'Designing Homes for Healthy Cognitiva Ageing'

https://www.kungahuset.se...4a5bd17c0724e0a7a8e7.html

I wonder if they will visit/stay with  QEII at Balmoral?

Queen Elizabeth is no longer at Balmoral. She has returned to Windsor Castle last Saturday.

The court said they went to Scotland privately on Friday, not sure if they had the chance to meet and greet before she left. Always curious about those royal private meet ups Smiley

I'd be surprised if they did meet up. AFAIK the SRF and BRF are not close at all.

I remember one of them saying in a speech once that they were glad to be back in the UK after their last private visit to Highgrove - or something similar. So I wouldn't be totally surprised if they do see each other more than we think.

I remember CG, in the pod interview in conjunction with his 75th birthday in April, mentioning how they had planned a trip to the UK to visit Prince Philip but was unable to go as the pandemic hit. Would love to be a fly on the wall during private royal visits Smiley
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: October 30, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »

https://www.kungahuset.se...130bc8da54e800023764.html

It's been bugging me since I posted it so I went to check. the King noted Silvia had stopped at Highgrove...
I'd say it suggests they do see each other occasionally in private as well as at official events

Over the years we have had several occasions to meet with Your Royal Highnesses and the Royal Family. Each time we have been warmly received, and, perhaps needless to say, we have many dear memories from our stays. The most recent one was when Queen Silvia visited You at Highgrove on a very spontaneous stopover at the end of last year. I know that You then talked about coming here today.

And that podcast was mentioned here:
https://royalcentral.co.u...end-prince-philip-159132/
The King of Sweden clearly expresses his deep sadness at not being able to attend Prince Philip’s funeral earlier this month. Instead, he watched it, like many others, on CNN, he says to the podcast. The King says: “It was a very emotional and beautiful funeral. Different, of course. I had wanted to visit and attend the funeral. We had already started making contact a year ago, and tried to get the opportunity for a visit. I was afraid this would happen. Now Prince Philip was almost 100 years old, which in itself is wonderful.”
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: October 30, 2021, 03:39:41 PM »

Thanks. I remember years ago some Swedish journalists saying that CG and Charles don't get along and assumed it was true for the rest of the family as well since we have never heard anything about them spending time together outside official events. Glad to hear it's not true.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: October 30, 2021, 03:41:53 PM »

CG and Silvia attended the formal gathering of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences

Märta

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: October 31, 2021, 11:37:41 AM »

Thanks. I remember years ago some Swedish journalists saying that CG and Charles don't get along and assumed it was true for the rest of the family as well since we have never heard anything about them spending time together outside official events. Glad to hear it's not true.

I've heard it's been said over the years too, and I wonder why. They are the same age and from CG's own account, he spend time with them when he was in his teens and apparently he appreciated Philip a lot. Maybe CG and PP they had more in common than CG and Charles, like cars, hunting, military, scout movement etc. And also the family ties by Queen Louise.

I think there has been rumors that senior royals encouraged some kind of matchmaking between Princess Anne and CG, same with Princess Madeleine and Prince William. Maybe that created some sort of tension.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: November 01, 2021, 03:36:58 PM »

I've heard it's been said over the years too, and I wonder why. They are the same age and from CG's own account, he spend time with them when he was in his teens and apparently he appreciated Philip a lot. Maybe CG and PP they had more in common than CG and Charles, like cars, hunting, military, scout movement etc. And also the family ties by Queen Louise.

I think there has been rumors that senior royals encouraged some kind of matchmaking between Princess Anne and CG, same with Princess Madeleine and Prince William. Maybe that created some sort of tension.

It's been said they don't get along because of a different sense of humour and apparently CG thinks Charles is boring (or something like that, I don't remember the exact words). Like you said, he probably had more in common with PP than Charles. People don't necessarily "click" even though they are the same age.

I think the rumours of Madeleine and William were tabloid fabrications though, but who knows... Thinking
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: November 16, 2021, 09:16:26 AM »

CG and Silvia attended the celebration of the 250th anniversary of The Royal Society of Naval Sciences

anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: November 16, 2021, 04:06:23 PM »

Her dress is lovely.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: