Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Waiting Game  (Read 172096 times)
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: October 18, 2014, 07:00:38 AM »

Thanks, Visenya! Star
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »

This thread makes me kind of sad. I canīt believe what she did to herself. No
Visenya

Large Member

United States United States

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: October 18, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »

DowntownTO: Here's to many more  Beer

Kate pictures, 2006:

^In Ibiza with William and her family.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: October 18, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »

^Oh boy, was she harassed by the paps when being Will's gf. All these pictures of her being visibly distraught by them stalking her. It's heartbreaking. Whistle
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2014, 11:42:22 PM »

Thanks, Visenya! Star

Thank you some more Visenya!!

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2014, 02:42:58 AM »

^You're welcome Royals!

Two more articles & some pictures dating from 2008.

The Triumph of Kate Middleton: She tightens her grip on Prince William. [January 2008]

Not so "Waity Katy", as many of her circle have begun to call her (never, needless to say, to her face) in reference to the fact that waiting for the prince to put a ring on her finger seems to be the primary objective in her life.

This is even more true since she quit her four-days-a-week job as an accessories buyer for Jigsaw in late autumn, citing the need, at 25, for "some time to herself".

At the time, she declared an interest in photography, and has since helped oversee a photography exhibition of celebrity portraits at Terence Conran's The Bluebird restaurant on London's fashionable King's Road.

But, that apart, it's not clear quite how Kate does fill the days.

Her main activities seem to encompass shooting parties with her royal boyfriend, riding lessons in Berkshire, stalking deer with William in Scotland or sleeping off the after-effects of yet another night at Boujis.

Many girls might feel vulnerable in such a position. After all, Kate has already had the bitter, if short-lived, opportunity to see how life might look if her potential royal future - the money, the palaces, the entire life that has sucked her in - were taken away, and how frighteningly easily it can be closed down in the blink of an eye.

And to be fair, the relationship has moved forward to such an extent that she's not afraid to be sighted tripping out of Clarence House on the mornings when William is in London.

"William would be considered an utter cad to dump her again, which ties his hands somewhat - and she knows it," says one royal observer.

Friends do say that the couple are "closer than ever" and that "there is a maturity to their relationship that wasn't there before".

That's not to say the romance isn't without its glitches.

There was something of a bust-up in December when William accompanied his stepmother, the Duchess of Cornwall, and her two grown-up children, Laura and Tom Parker-Bowles, for dinner at Scott's restaurant in Mayfair. Kate, apparently, felt that she ought to have been invited, too.

And the determined Miss Middleton recently "went ballistic", say friends, when she discovered William had been confiding in two of his close female friends, rather than exclusively sharing his feelings with her.

She was particularly rattled because he had been talking to the two young women about his feelings for his late mother and the ongoing inquest into her death, an understandably sensitive subject on which the Prince is normally reluctant to speak.

It didn't help, either, that one of William's confidantes was his former girlfriend Jecca Craig, while the other was old friend, American-based Tamara Rosenberg.

There is also some cynicism about how easily he could actually find another girlfriend.

During Kate and William's split last year, he is said to have "tested the waters with at least five serious could-be-wife choices", all of whom, apparently, "shot him down like a pheasant at Sandringham. He found out that it's a cold, lonely world out there".

If Kate Middleton wants to marry Prince William, she'll get him [June 2008]

Given that Kate goes to nightclubs almost as much as Prince Harry, this rather indicates that she is going to have to up her game before she gets the final nod of approval from her boyfriend’s grandmother.

This issue of Kate’s partying is one that isn’t going to go away. For someone who is said to be "amazingly bright" by one of her teachers, and has completed a degree from the leading university St Andrews, it’s rather odd that she does no work at all. Even "ravey Chelsy Davy" is undertaking a post-graduate degree at the unglamorous Leeds University, which has the merit of making her look quite serious-minded during those times when she’s not downing giant cocktails with her boyfriend, Prince Harry.

Still, there doesn’t seem to be any doubt in anyone’s mind that the question of an engagement between the couple, who met seven years ago at St Andrews University, is one of "when" not "if". "He’s compromised her, really," a peer of the realm whispered to me. "He’s going to have to marry her now. If he doesn’t, he’ll be accused of having stolen her twenties. It looks like he just wants to get his military services completed first, but needs to keep her 'on ice’ in the meantime. Hence, perhaps, the Girlfriend status."

"She always looks to me like the cat that’s got the cream," laughs Seward. "If she wants William, she’ll get him."

Pics:

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »

Those articles summarize pretty well the twenties of Kate Dead

the second pic is priceless Laughing

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
DUNPHY

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2014, 02:39:20 AM »

I wouldn't feel too sad. She worked hard to get where she is today. That was her main focus for years. Clearly looking at the pictures which have been posted she was attractive, had girlfriends, and seemed to have a personality. She foolishly turned herself into a robot just to have a title and attach herself to a spoiled brat.  Too bad. No
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: October 20, 2014, 03:04:07 AM »

For someone who supposedly "saved" herself for William (such an archaic idea) the article seems to insinuate she knew how to rock his world and could get engaged to William whenever she decided  Cute
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: October 20, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »

I wouldn't feel too sad. She worked hard to get where she is today. That was her main focus for years. Clearly looking at the pictures which have been posted she was attractive, had girlfriends, and seemed to have a personality. She foolishly turned herself into a robot just to have a title and attach herself to a spoiled brat.  Too bad. No

I think most of her friends were always part of the plan to get into his circle. Some source in some DM article once said the Midds only invited kids to their home that could be useful to them in the future. TBH I don't even think there was ever a time where Kate could have developed into someone interesting. IMO it was a family project to get the Ring of Doom, so whenever she faltered or showed a spark of self-respect there were a lot of people to put her firmly back on track. And now she runs home to mummy every time her life turns out to not be like a fairytale because she has learned to not use her own brain but rely on her family in that departement instead. But that's just my opinion.
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: October 20, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »

For someone who supposedly "saved" herself for William (such an archaic idea) the article seems to insinuate she knew how to rock his world and could get engaged to William whenever she decided  Cute

I think that it also helped that William backed himself into a corner with Kate. When they broke up in 2007, he had the chance to really evalue the relationship and what he wanted. But what William wanted was someone who was willing to pick up and follow him when he said 'let's go', the women who he was interested in weren't willing to put aside their wishes/careers for him, Kate did. So he went back.

And after 10 years he would actually look terrible (and would have a massive pr campaing ahead) if he dumped her again only to marry someone else shorty afterwards. I still recall the 'Are you happy now?' of their wedding, imo, it was quite telling.

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: October 20, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »

Perhaps you are right and I donīt have to feel bad for her. Perhaps my problem is I canīt believe she and her family planned that all along.

And after 10 years he would actually look terrible (and would have a massive pr campaing ahead) if he dumped her again only to marry someone else shorty afterwards. I still recall the 'Are you happy now?' of their wedding, imo, it was quite telling.

What do you mean? Sorry, I donīt know much about that topic. Blush
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: October 20, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »

Perhaps you are right and I donīt have to feel bad for her. Perhaps my problem is I canīt believe she and her family planned that all along.

I think it's hard perhaps not planned it all along, but encouraged and facilitaded the relationship. IMO a toxic one. Kate had the option to walk away, but she made her choice; she's the woman who rolled her eyes at her wedding vow during the "for poorer" part.

On the 'Are you happy now?' thing, after their wedding during the balcony apperance, lip readers said that William had asked that to Kate.

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: October 20, 2014, 10:22:01 AM »

I think it's hard perhaps not planned it all along, but encouraged and facilitaded the relationship. IMO a toxic one. Kate had the option to walk away, but she made her choice; she's the woman who rolled her eyes at her wedding vow during the "for poorer" part.

On the 'Are you happy now?' thing, after their wedding during the balcony apperance, lip readers said that William had asked that to Kate.

O yeah, I noticed that too. No Thank you!
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: October 20, 2014, 11:08:07 AM »

O yeah, I noticed that too. No Thank you!

Yeah, quite telling no?  No And you're welcome.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: