Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Waiting Game  (Read 167839 times)
fogdancer
Banned
Banned
Big Member

Brazil Brazil

An explosive mix of blonde and ginger with blue ey

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 08:00:10 PM »

Waity Kaity working at Jigsaw:

September 2007:

Now that her romance with Prince William is firmly back on, she is turning her attentions to her career.

So serious is she about her new career plan that Kate, who likes to photograph abstract subjects rather than people, has already started looking at some of the best galleries in London to exhibit her work.

"Kate has become increasingly frustrated working at Jigsaw," says a friend.

"She really wants to move and is seriously thinking about a career in photography. She loves cameras and has a great eye. She has already started putting an exhibition of her work together."

It was initially thought that Carole Middleton had used her friendship with Belle to organise a job for Kate. In fact, it was Kate herself who secured the position. Belle said: "Then she rang me up one day and said: 'Could I come and talk to you about work?'" So far from being a familiar person at the Middleton's home, Oak Acre in Bucklebury Berkshire, Belle revealed that she hardly knew Carole and Michael, having only met them 4 times. She said: "A lot of people have distorted it to say we're friends with her parents but I've only met them four times."

The Jigsaw owner told This Is London: "She genuinely wanted a job but she needed an element of flexibility to continue the relationship with a very high-profile man and a life that she can't dictate. She's going to be dictated to when she's needed and not needed."

A workmate's view from the DM:

Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job. She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend. It certainly rubbed a few people here up the wrong way. To be told she would be resting for a while 'looking at other things' didn't exactly come as a surprise. She has always been treated as a special case.

She quite later in 2007 after being dumped by William.

She then works at Party Pieces on and off until she leaves that to prepare for the wedding of the century.

She even gets pictured on the website:

And is papped lugging boxes about:

Thanks Future Crayon for the pics  Champagne, hm once she had nice legs, hips and boobies, now she is a surf plank

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
divinemiss

Warned
Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »

That is the only picture I have ever seen of Kate Middleton doing anything that looks even remotely like "work" and its lifting a very small box!!

However I am pretty sure that there was once an article about the split where it was alleged by a Jigsaw co-worker that she told them it was Charles' fault they had split up.

Does anyone else remember/can they find the article?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »

That is the only picture I have ever seen of Kate Middleton doing anything that looks even remotely like "work" and its lifting a very small box!!

However I am pretty sure that there was once an article about the split where it was alleged by a Jigsaw co-worker that she told them it was Charles' fault they had split up.

This one?

http://www.dailymail.co.u...rles-break-says-Kate.html
divinemiss

Warned
Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »

Fantastic Lady Adelaide - thank you so much. I always wondered how, after time off for the split, she blurts this out and still is referred to as "incredibly discrete"?
fogdancer
Banned
Banned
Big Member

Brazil Brazil

An explosive mix of blonde and ginger with blue ey

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:41 PM »

This one?

thanks for the link but is not working.

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »

Do you know where exactly she "worked"? Shop in central London?

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »

The Jigsaw owner told This Is London: "She genuinely wanted a job but she needed an element of flexibility to continue the relationship with a very high-profile man and a life that she can't dictate. She's going to be dictated to when she's needed and not needed."

Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job. She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend. It certainly rubbed a few people here up the wrong way. To be told she would be resting for a while 'looking at other things' didn't exactly come as a surprise. She has always been treated as a special case.

Er...I'm sorry, but this sounds like she is a high-priced call girl! WTF? "She's going to be dictated to when she's needed and not needed." And "time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."  ....Seriously she sounds like an on-call hooker.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
One of the Peasants

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 12:16:51 AM »

I do not know when this was taken, but if looks could kill, egads.  He is one grumpy dude with the photogs. 

http://29.media.tumblr.co...e4er4CEj1qjrmi6o1_500.jpg

Where's Carl
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 12:52:52 AM »

Er...I'm sorry, but this sounds like she is a high-priced call girl! WTF? "She's going to be dictated to when she's needed and not needed." And "time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."  ....Seriously she sounds like an on-call hooker.

Ding ding ding Gudgeon  Star

More patheticness about her hard hitting job
"Together Belle and Kate worked out a job in accessories that she could do three days a week. "And I have to say I was so impressed by her. There were days when there were TV crews at the end of the drive. We'd say: 'Listen, do you want to go out the back way?' And she'd say: 'To be honest, they're going to hound us until they've got the picture. So why don't I just go, get the picture done, and then they'll leave us alone.' I thought she was very mature for a 26-year-old, and I think she's been quite good at neither courting the press nor sticking two fingers in the air at them. I don't think I would have been so polite."

Three days a week......three damn days a week. And I love her just serenely offering to go give the paps what they want. As if she didn't LOVE it.

And "Despite what many people believe, Belle says Kate got no official support: "Only if she were a fiancée would she get support. She said she can turn to William's press guy if there's a political problem with the press, but only if it's serious."

"Belle and Kate's working relationship ended last November when Kate quit her job, saying she needed "some time to herself". "

During this time she got this charming gift
"The following month, William gave Kate a pre-Valentine’s present of a green enamel Van Cleef & Arpels diamond-framed makeup compact, featuring a polo player about to hit a pearl. Gestures were one thing, but the couple weren’t spending any time together and cracks were beginning to show, and then to deepen."

And Waity's devotion to work  Laughing

A colleague who saw her take the call in a car park at her work in London, said: "It was clear it was William - and definitely a tiff."

Heartbroken Kate Middleton paced nervously around a car park as she learned her four-year romance with Prince William really was over.

The couple had decided they had no future together at a dramatic face to face meeting over the Easter holiday.

But Kate, 25, still hoped for a reconciliation. She discovered there was no going back when she spoke to Wills, 24, on Wednesday.

A workmate saw Kate take William's call on her mobile phone after arriving for work looking "subdued, but OK".

The colleague disclosed: "Around the middle of the day, she was pacing the car park outside the office on her mobile.

"A few people noticed because it's a pretty unusual thing to do. She'd deliberately gone outside to take the call because she didn't want to be overheard.

"Kate was walking up and down and looking upset as if she was having an argument. But she didn't cry. Word went round that it was William and they were having problems. Now it's clear what it was all about.

"When she came back to the office she didn't say a thing and disappeared for the rest of the day. She hasn't been back to work since.

"When someone asked where she was, they were told she was sick. Yet she hasn't been marked sick in the book.

So in essence four years and she gets dumped on her cell phone at "work". Nene Leakes take it away...

Also let me point out that there was absolutely no reason for Waitherine's picture to be on the Party Pieces site except Ma wanted attention that comes with her daughter's fame. That wasn't a company based on the personality of the owner's or that became successful because of who the owner's were. It's a friggin mail older party items business. No one would care who they were unless it was because of Kate.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 01:04:56 AM »

I think she only got that 'job' to please/placate the Queen...wasn't there something about that?

So once the relationship was over, she no longer needed the job - so she just stopped showing up!  Supercontent

Kashka

Medium Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 03:23:59 AM »

I am loving this thread - finally all the past history of this horse and pony show lovely couple in one spot.
It's very educational, thank you to all posters. Thumb up
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 05:39:58 AM »

Is the article referring to Isabella? From a decent background but naughty? Who is this mystery woman? So that's why waity had a serious makeover during the break up and why she behaves as she does. To keep Willy's interest.......that doesn't appear to be working though
No, the article is refering to someone else, a girl who he met in a bar, but here's a bit on Isabella too. Here's another article (April 14 2007):

Then there were the rumours that he had taken a shine to a pretty 19-year-old blonde and had even invited her back to his barracks.

"Kate told William that he was making her look bad," one of her friends explained.

Their closeness was first publicly observed in October 2005 when the two were spotted deep in conversation at a black-tie ball.
So engrossed was the Prince with the stunning heiress that Kate stormed out of the ball in a fury.

The truth is that William has harboured an infatuation for the stunning 24-year-old for several years, so much so that he was prepared to ditch Kate for Isabella three years ago.
But Isabella, the daughter of banking heiress Lady Mary Gaye Curzon, and heir to a millionaire fortune in her own right, is one of the few women to have rejected his advances.
According to sources, their friendship, which started in 2004, was one of the main reasons William and Kate split that summer.

"William said he needed a break and that summer he went on a boys-only holiday to the Greek Islands," a source told The Mail on Sunday.
"Isabella was very much on the scene that summer. I would go so far as to say that William dumped Kate because he thought he had a chance with Isabella and Kate knew that.
"Kate's a tough cookie, though, and stood aside and waited for William to come back to her which eventually he did. Before that, though, he did everything he could to woo Isabella.
"He had fallen for her in a huge way and wanted to be with her. He propositioned her several times that summer and although Isabella was single, she knocked William back and said it would be too damaging for her and her career.
"She is a name in her own right and on her way to becoming hugely successful. In her view, being affiliated with William in a girlfriend capacity would be damaging for her.
"William was madly in love with her but when he knew there was no chance of them getting together he went back to Kate.
"Kate was very aware of his obsession with Isabella and she was incredibly threatened by her. Isabella is drop-dead beautiful and would leave any girl in the shade.
"Kate accepted William back again but on the condition that he would not speak to Isabella again."

"Kate was jealous of other girls at St Andrews. There was one from Greece who William took a shine to. Kate had a real problem with her because she and William got so friendly."

From The Daily Mail.

I think she only got that 'job' to please/placate the Queen...wasn't there something about that?

So once the relationship was over, she no longer needed the job - so she just stopped showing up!  Supercontent

Reportedly The Queen was concerned about Kate's lack of job, here's the article Temi (well, two really):

‘On the few occasions the Queen has met Kate, she has thought she is a nice enough girl. But the Queen has admitted she has no idea what Kate actually does.
‘Privately she is very concerned about what the repercussions could be if Kate is not in a stable job as and when William is ready to propose.
Sources close to her last night said she has ‘no immediate work plans’ while Prince William prepares for his final attachment with the Royal Navy.
‘Maybe Kate will reconsider the job offer that was on the table a while back in New York,’ one friend said last night.

‘She does love to travel and she is quite a good photographer, but the problem is she never wants to be too far away from William.
‘She knows she’s been nicknamed Waity Katie, which she hates, but she genuinely does not know what to do with her life. She feels in limbo, flitting between London and Berkshire.
She stays trim by working out at the gym she has had installed at Clarence House and that’s about it. Mostly she just waits for William to come home so that they can go on another holiday.
A typical day might begin with a workout, then lunch with a friend and a bit of shopping or a trip to Richard Ward, her favourite hairdresser in Sloane Street.’

From The Daily Mail

And this post has an another article that's worth the read: http://www.celebitchy.com...kate_middleton_get_a_job/

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 05:52:11 AM »

Thanks Visenya!  Star

The Daily Mail article is rather prescient: "She believes in a modern Monarchy and feels very strongly that the Royals should be leading by example.
‘That’s one of the reasons the Queen is so fond of Sophie Wessex. She was a hard-working career girl before she married Edward and she still works hard carrying out lots of charity work, despite raising a young family.’
Even though the Countess’s job as a public relations executive eventually caused problems with her new role as a Royal, her willingness to work is viewed favourably by the Queen."
and
"She quit her job as an accessories buyer for High Street chain Jigsaw at the end of last year and announced that she wanted to pursue a career as a photographer.
There was speculation she would take up a job offer to train under Royal photographer Mario Testino in New York in February, but it never materialised.
Instead, Kate has spent the past three months working for Party Pieces, photographing new stock for its website.
‘It’s not what you would call a nine-to-five job,’ said a friend of the Middletons. ‘It’s an easy number for Kate and basically something to fill her days while
she waits for William."

Geez Louise - the Queen saw this train crash a mile away!  Yes

Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 06:03:08 AM »

You're welcome Temi and thank you!

I'm still trying to find another article, I recall that it was titled "And what do you do?" or something like that, it was shortly before Kate started working at Jigsaw. Unless I have my timeline a little mixed up, which I could have.
But yeah, those articles aren't flattering to Kate aren't they? And the rumors of Testino were proven false if I recall correctly, Testino denied having offered Kate any sort of job/internship. Same with Vogue.

‘It’s an easy number for Kate and basically something to fill her days while she waits for William."
Well, she did earn that 'Waity' knickname after all.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:52 AM »

This one?

thanks for the link but is not working.
It's short
Prince William's ex-girlfriend Kate Middleton told work colleagues the split "was because of his daddy".
Miss Middleton has returned to work as an accessories buyer for Jigsaw, following her break-up from the Prince earlier this month, after a three year romance.
More follows...
{2}
Work colleague Philip Higgs, 23, saw Miss Middleton pop into Jigsaw's offices in Kew, south west London, a few days after the break-up.
Mr Higgs said: "She had about 10 people asking if she was all right and I think she just lost her rag.
"She said 'It's because of his daddy'. Everyone raised their eyebrows but didn't want to push her," he told The Daily Mirror.
{4}
"Normally, Kate doesn't talk about anything. She's very quiet. But it was as if she'd reached boiling point from one sympathetic question too many.
"She'd been trying to keep it together and hide her real feelings. But she got a bit angry about it all and momentarily lost her cool.
"That happens sometimes when people are being nice to you and you're upset."
Mr Higgs continued: "She's very competent and professional and clearly knows what she's talking about.
"She's won a lot of people's respect - many of them have been in the fashion industry for a long time.
"She's always been treated as an equal at work. No one has mollycoddled her or acted differently around her.
"She's just Kate. She's made a lot of close friends at Jigsaw who are very protective towards her. She socialises with them and has built up a loyal support group which she'll no doubt be very glad of at a time like this."
Reports say Prince Charles told his son he should end the relationship unless he wanted to marry Miss Middleton.
Miss Middleton took some time off work following the split but has now returned to her job.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...s-Kate.html#ixzz2zm7RhLIP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: