Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Scarves Attack: Stèphanie's Fashion  (Read 80741 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »

oh well, there are 3 or 4 things that are attractive about him  Whistle
1. his title
2. his dad's bank account
3. his mom's jewellery box
4. there might be a nice guy hidden inside this snob  Secret
but I think Linus only saw the first 3 things and thought she will never have to work and have a fantastic life - too bad that the peasants who pay for it start realising that she can't dress, can't speak the country's language and that she is hiding instead of working
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »

oh well, there are 3 or 4 things that are attractive about him  Whistle
1. his title
2. his dad's bank account
3. his mom's jewellery box
4. there might be a nice guy hidden inside this snob  Secret
but I think Linus only saw the first 3 things and thought she will never have to work and have a fantastic life - too bad that the peasants who pay for it start realising that she can't dress, can't speak the country's language and that she is hiding instead of working

The fangirls are sad little creatures who've seen Disney fairytale movies one time too many.  They need to get out of their trailers and make real friends. 

To me (and you too Trier, since you're also familiar with this field) this kind of debunks the claims that she was a serious student of languages, as per her CV.  Luxembourgish is closely related to her native language, and to a second language that she is allegedly fluent in.  Nearly two years post-wedding, you would think that a serious student of language would be at least conversant in Luxembourgish.  After all, the language borrows heavily from the exact two languages Linus can supposedly speak Roll Eyes  I guess it's just another example of Linus myths being debunked. 

Just like that magically mysterious bank Whistle
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 05:54:22 PM »

Maybe she is secretly learning the local language( like her secret jobs) while playing the violin and will surprise the locals when she's fluent...

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »

Maybe she is secretly learning the local language( like her secret jobs) while playing the violin and will surprise the locals when she's fluent...

She should have been fluent by now.  If she was studying it regularly, and making attempts to use it, then she should have been fluent.  To me, this just means that like Mary's alleged knowledge of French, she hasn't actually taken the time to learn the language.
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 06:14:26 PM »

What's Luxembourgish for, "For God's sake stand up straight, woman!"

I'd also say, stop passive-aggressively balling your hands into fists but, you know, one thing at a time.
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »

She looked acceptable in the official events prior to the wedding and at her wedding: I love the red affair she wore at the engagement ( her hair was nice, she looked groomed enough) and of course her magnificent saab wedding dress. Other than that, she almost always ends up looking frumpy: a grannie with no sense of style and propriety.

She looked OH at these events JUST because she didn't choose alone what she was wearing at her engagment / wedding ! So it was easy to look good ! When sh dresses up herself, it's almost always a pure disaster ! She has very poor taste !

One day, I will post pics of my dresses and outfits + shoes, so she will feel ashamed !  Blush I don't have her budget, age / figure, help etc... and I look better 99 % of the time !  Secret It's not acceptable !  Nono

Je suis Charlie
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »

Totally agree! Either she is so pig-headed that she no longer accepts guidance or she simply doesn't care, now that she is HGD...
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 07:01:53 PM »

What's Luxembourgish for, "For God's sake stand up straight, woman!"

The polyester grey pants make me want to puke Dead

I'd also say, stop passive-aggressively balling your hands into fists but, you know, one thing at a time.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »

Agree with all of you that she has absolutely no clue what suits her (neither colorwise nor designwise),
agree that some make-up artist would be desperately needed,
scarfs should be put on the no-go-list,
and washing/just even combing the hair would make a big difference,
BUT what I personally dislike most is this 'nylons in peep-toe pumps'-habit.

Gosh, I could not imagine to turn up to a royal wedding in peep-toes at all.
And yes, a lady always wears nylons, even on hot summers days,
but then again, NOT with peep-toes!!!

On the other hand, judging from her general efforts of grooming herself, we'd better get no direct view on her most presumably unpedicured toes ...

BTW, no bank account or jewel box could make Lobster attractive (imho, and to me).
I'd rather stick to rhinestone jewelry my whole life before I would even consider to touch him, let alone [CENSORED].
What? Yes, I know, that was not the question here  Blush.

Back on topic: several years in public, not even one really good outfit.
That is somehow remarkable, as even a broken clock is right twice a day.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:08:19 PM by Kaiserin » Logged
SandraVB79

Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »

May I ask the backstory about the names Lobster and Linus?  Pretty please?
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »

Lobster for Gui's red face. Linus because of the Peanuts character who carries a security blanket, much like Stephanie and her scarves.
Melanie

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »

This thread is so awesome I’ve decided to quit being antisocial and introduce myself HI!  Smiley

Here's my big issue with the scarves (other than the fact she apparently can’t leave home without one): these aren’t even really visually appealing scarves. That yellow one (14) is HIDEOUS and looks like a beach towel wrapped around her neck.  If they were beautiful vintage Hermes she inherited from Granny Lannoy I could understand the fascination and her desire to wear them.  But these scarves look like the $10 Secret Santa gift you give the girl at the office you barely know.  And with a few exceptions, they really add nothing to the outfits she pairs them with. 

She needs an intervention.  BAD. 

Also, that outfit she wore to the Red Cross event needs to be burned.
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 10:27:43 PM »

This thread is so awesome I’ve decided to quit being antisocial and introduce myself HI!  Smiley

Here's my big issue with the scarves (other than the fact she apparently can’t leave home without one): these aren’t even really visually appealing scarves. That yellow one (14) is HIDEOUS and looks like a beach towel wrapped around her neck.  If they were beautiful vintage Hermes she inherited from Granny Lannoy I could understand the fascination and her desire to wear them.  But these scarves look like the $10 Secret Santa gift you give the girl at the office you barely know.  And with a few exceptions, they really add nothing to the outfits she pairs them with. 

Nice post and welcome on RD, Melanie ! I give you with pleasure your 1st  Star ! She feels insecure and doesn't like her body I used to wrap myself in scarves and long cardigans... after I gave birth to a big baby boy. Steph has no excuses.  Nono

Je suis Charlie
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »

Star Welcome!

Melanie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »

Nice post and welcome on RD, Melanie ! I give you with pleasure your 1st  Star ! She feels insecure and doesn't like her body I used to wrap myself in scarves and long cardigans... after I gave birth to a big baby boy. Steph has no excuses.  Nono

Thank you so much for the welcome  Hug

Pregancy and post baby birth always gets a pass (and I'm sure you looked much better)  Beer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: