Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just for fun - Victoria with other royal men ;)  (Read 2924 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »

Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:30:34 PM »

All those royal men simply adore her! I remember that Arctic ‘intervention’ arranged for Freddles! 🙀
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »

All those royal men simply adore her! I remember that Arctic ‘intervention’ arranged for Freddles! 🙀

Yes, and it also seems Victoria and WA often have a fun time together. Most pictures of them together, especially the older ones, they are smiling and laughing (including their eyes)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »

IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 03:44:18 PM »

Yes, and it also seems Victoria and WA often have a fun time together. Most pictures of them together, especially the older ones, they are smiling and laughing (including their eyes)

I agree! I remember the video from the event where Victoria wore the black-and-white striped dress and how she and WA were so excited to see that they were seated next to each other. Really sweet - you could tell they were old friends who enjoy each other's company. :-)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 07:18:37 PM »

I agree! I remember the video from the event where Victoria wore the black-and-white striped dress and how she and WA were so excited to see that they were seated next to each other. Really sweet - you could tell they were old friends who enjoy each other's company. :-)

I guess that is the event were the 2nd picture of WA & Victoria is from.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 01:43:10 AM »

Vic and Felipe would have made cute kids with their Spanish and Latin American heritage!!

Vic and Haakon or Vic and Fred would have made a good couple, despite their relatively close familial relationship. They always seem to have good chemistry.

Like the others, Vic seems to be genuinely good friends with WA too. I love all the royal meetings like the one in Norway with the heirs of the Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and Luxemburg thrones. Living in the UK it is so nice to see royal families intermingling and enjoying good friendships, rather than the standoffish nature of the BRF!
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 03:22:14 PM »

Was there some talk about Victoria and one of the Greek princes as well?
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »

They all seem happy to be with her. She seems friendly with Philippe as well (is she picking a speck of dust off his uniform?) I am sure she is godmother to one of the Belgian princes/cesses as well as godmother to many future European monarchs!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 06:03:39 PM »

Was there some talk about Victoria and one of the Greek princes as well?

If I remember the stories correct, it was prince Nikoloas (or how you spell it)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 06:15:35 PM »

They all seem happy to be with her. She seems friendly with Philippe as well (is she picking a speck of dust off his uniform?) I am sure she is godmother to one of the Belgian princes/cesses as well as godmother to many future European monarchs!

She is a godmother to Philippes youngest princess Eleonore. And indeed godmother to many future European monarchs: Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and Christian.

With the Dutch RF there is a nice connection. Former Queen Juliana was a godmother to king Carl Gustaf (both having their birthday on April 30). While Julianas eldest daughter, former Queen Beatrix (then crown princess) is  a godmother to Victoria. And Beatrixs eldest son, current King Willem-Alexander is a godparent to princess Estelle. As mentioned before Victoria is a godmother to was eldest daughter and successor princess Amalia. She is also named after Victoria, as her full name is Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 10:19:12 PM »

The Dutch and Swedish families are related through their descent from the Waldeck Pyrmont sisters, the duchess of Albany and the Queen Mother of the Netherlands (Wilhelmina's mother).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 10:55:23 AM »

The Dutch and Swedish families are related through their descent from the Waldeck Pyrmont sisters, the duchess of Albany and the Queen Mother of the Netherlands (Wilhelmina's mother).

Yes, I tried to visualize it for myself:

George Victor (14 January 1831 – 12 May 1893) was the 3rd sovereign Prince of the German state of Waldeck and Pyrmont. George Victor was first married on 26 September 1853  to Princess Helena of Nassau, daughter of William, Duke of Nassau. They had seven children:
1. Princess Sophie (27 July 1854 – 5 August 1869); died of tuberculosis at fifteen.
2. Princess Pauline (19 October 1855 – 3 July 1925) married Alexis, Prince of Bentheim and Steinfurt. Pauline and Alexis had eight children
3. Princess Marie (23 May 1857 – 30 April 1882) who married Prince Wilhelm, later King Wilhelm II of Württemberg. They had three children
4. Princess Emma (2 August 1858 – 20 March 1934) who married King Willem III of the Netherlands. The present Dutch royal family descends from this marriage. Her only child was the later Queen Wilhelmina --> Queen Juliana --> Queen Beatrix --> King Willem- Alexander
5. Princess Helena (17 February 1861 – 1 September 1922) who married British Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany. She had 2 children:
5.1. Alice, who married her second cousin once-removed, Prince Alexander of Teck, the brother of Princess Mary, the Princess of Wales (later Queen Mary, consort of George V). They had 3 children
5.2. Charles Edward, last reigning Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who married  Princess Victoria Adelaide of Schleswig-Holstein She was the eldest daughter of Friedrich Ferdinand, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, and Princess Karoline Mathilde of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg. They had 5 children, including Sibylla, the mother of Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
6. Prince Friedrich (20 January 1865 – 26 May 1946), last reigning prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont, married Princess Bathildis of Schaumburg-Lippe. They had three sons and one daughter. Their eldest son was Josias, Hereditary Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont (German: Josias Georg Wilhelm Adolf Erbprinz zu Waldeck und Pyrmont) (13 May 1896 – 30 November 1967) who was the heir apparent to the throne of the Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont and a general in the SS. From 1946 until his death, he was the head of the Princely House of Waldeck and Pyrmont. After World War II, he was sentenced to life in prison at the Buchenwald Trial (later commuted to 20 years) for his part in the "common plan" to violate the Laws and Usages of War in connection with prisoners of war held at Buchenwald concentration camp, but was released after serving about three years in prison
7. Princess Elisabeth (6 September 1873 – 23 November 1961) married Alexander, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg. They had four children. As great-aunt of the bride, she was a guest at the 1937 wedding of Juliana of the Netherlands with Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: