Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Hagasessorna  (Read 61174 times)
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2016, 03:56:50 PM »

Wow, it seems like they were separated for longer than they were married.  Nice that you can then call yourself a widow and not the ex-wife.  I'm surprised she outlived him with her smoking, drinking and sun worship - she must be just a leather boot with a heartbeat now.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2016, 12:24:33 AM »

Birgitta's husband "Hansi", Prins Johann Georg av Hohenzollern Sigmaringen, died today in Munich. He was 83 years old.

http://www.kungahuset.se/...4e83ca152f4410091ea7.html

Heartfelt condolences to the family and friends on the loss of their loved one.

Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »

The King started the meeting with the ministers, where he was going to announce the name of the new Prince, with a few words about Prins Johann Georg av Hohenzollern Sigmaringen. CG said that while it was a happy occasion for the family, yesterday was also a sad day for them, since Prince JG passed away the same day.

I thought it was really thoughtful of him to mention his brother in law on this important occasion.
Shreeky

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 12:50:14 PM »

My thoughts and condolences to the family and friends
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »

The King started the meeting with the ministers, where he was going to announce the name of the new Prince, with a few words about Prins Johann Georg av Hohenzollern Sigmaringen. CG said that while it was a happy occasion for the family, yesterday was also a sad day for them, since Prince JG passed away the same day.

I thought it was really thoughtful of him to mention his brother in law on this important occasion.

It's always been a bit difficult, I feel, to know how things actually were with him and the SRF because of his and Birgitta's way of dealing with their relationship - but it's nice to know that they had a good relationship Smiley
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »

That's such a pity...he did so much for the Arts in Munich, and I bet he'll be sorely missed. RIP.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2016, 02:46:46 PM »

Princess Christina has in collaboration with journalist Carl Otto Werkelid written a book called "Dagar pa Drottningholm" (Days at Drottningholm). She writes about the history of the castle and her own memories from spending her childhood there.

SvenskDam has an interview with her: http://www.svenskdam.se/2...-gava-till-mina-barnbarn/

Princess Christina makes her debut as an author with a book on her beloved Drottningholm. The castle where she danced her bridal waltz and celebrated so many Christmases.
In "Days at Drottningholm," she tells us about sorrows and joys, like the last Christmas her father was alive and the sparkling celebrations in the palace's magnificent halls.
- I got a proposal I could not resist, says Christina about the personal book that is filled with captivating Swedish history and beautiful photographs.
The journalist Carl Otto Werkelid is a co-author and emphasizes that Christina is a wonderful storyteller. She is also one of the few who has really experienced the castle from the inside.

The princess tells us that she sat on the lap of Gustav V, who in turn sat on the lap of queen Desiree - who in the 1700s was engaged to Napoleon!
- But in all honesty, my great-grandfather's knee was rather bony and hard, she says with a little smile, adding that there were more comfortable knees to sit on. Like Nenne Bj?rnberg's, her beloved nanny.

In the Chinese pavilion, which is just next door to Dorttningholm Palace, she and her siblings played the game of whispers in an oval room where their voices swept away along the walls. And as in old castles, there are stories of ghosts, the one at Drottningholm is called the the White Lady, showing herself before threatening incidents.
- But of course there are no ghosts, Christina says firmly.
She and Carl Otto agree that the shadows and lights play tricks. On one of their visits they thought they glimpsed a figure that leaned over the stairs. A sight that her father also had experienced in Christmas 1946, just a month before his death. Christina says that he carried her on his shoulders to the nursery and on the way back, she stood there - The White Lady. Christina was only three years and do not remember the incident.
- I do not know if I remember anything about my father, she says. It's so easy to confuse memories with what people have told me. But I think I remember him from my brother's baptism.

In the book she talks about her childhood Christmases. They were always celebrated at Drottningholm. She also tells of Christmases more recently when today's royal family had moved there .
It is the powerful women she highlights in her book. Queen Hedvig Eleonora, who started the building of the castle when she was just 26 years old and recently widowed. Gustav III's mother Lovisa Ulrika who regarded it as their own, and Queen Josefina with her social pathos.

How has the castle life changed since she was a child?
Princess Christina responds by comparing the developments with the TV series "Downton Abbey."
- When my great-grandfather Gustaf V was alive, it was a different time, he was an old man and truly the king of the castle. It is different now, and it is of course quite natural. We live in the 2000s!

Christina and her husband Tord brought in new traditions when they in 1974 celebrated their wedding party at Drottningholm. They decided to have the dance in Charles X's gallery, something that got Princess Birgitta's husband Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern to worry if the priceless oil paintings would get damaged by the vibrations from disco sounds - he was a museum curator and art historian. But it went just fine, and three years ago, Princess Madeleine also celebrated her wedding party at Drottningholm.

The generations succeed one another at Drottningholm and now children's laughter will soon be heard here again as Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia has moved into the Lower Lake Wing right next to the castle.
- And of course you can say that the book also is a gift to my grandchildren, says Christina.
Speaking of gifts, her brother the king get the book as a present on his 70th birthday. When I ask if he was engaged in the work on the book she shakes her head, not at all.
- But I think he will appreciate it!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »

Aunt Magda is back in Sweden, playing golf for charity.  Cool

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2016, 12:37:13 AM »

Thankfully we all know that nobody's blood is superior to anybody else's blood.   Roll Eyes  These nobles/royals who still follow these stupid rules are delusional.  Personally, I'd be very much ashamed if my family tree showed nothing but cousins marrying each other. 

Star

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »

According to Expressen the sisters will not attend Alexander's christening. It seems Margaretha hasn't declined yet, though.
I have a feeling they're not amused by SRF anymore.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:41:53 AM by Ginger » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »

According to Expressen the sisters will not attend Alexander's christening. It seems Margaretha hasn't declined yet, though.

They didn't go to Nicolas' and Oscar's christenings either, did they? I too believe they're not too amused by their brother and his way of handing out royal titles left and right.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »

Especially since they married decent guys and lost their places in the succession, but their nephew can marry a grade-z prn star and not only keep everything, but still remiain favored. Their eyes must get tired from rolling them so often.

lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2016, 01:48:54 PM »

They didn't go to Nicolas' and Oscar's christenings either, did they? I too believe they're not too amused by their brother and his way of handing out royal titles left and right.
Margaretha attended both, Christina attended Oscar's. Birgitta & Desiree were not present.
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2016, 02:23:11 PM »

Especially since they married decent guys and lost their places in the succession, but their nephew can marry a grade-z prn star and not only keep everything, but still remiain favored. Their eyes must get tired from rolling them so often.

Star I agree!

Anyone that respects Sweden and cares for what the country represents is going to be appalled by the many choices CG has made and the path that he has put Sweden on.
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »

Wasn't Brigitta who basically said that the swedish household give titles just to anybody this day? Whistle
 I'm pretty sure I read sometihing about it, I believe it was during and interview that the dear old Brigitta said this, causing a stir, as most people guessed she was implying that that "anybody" was  in reference to Snakey's getting a title. Spiteful

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: