Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Hagasessorna  (Read 57201 times)
Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2016, 05:27:54 PM »

Wasn't Brigitta who basically said that the swedish household give titles just to anybody this day? Whistle
 I'm pretty sure I read sometihing about it, I believe it was during and interview that the dear old Brigitta said this, causing a stir, as most people guessed she was implying that that "anybody" was  in reference to Snakey's getting a title. Spiteful

You are correct! I think it was in an article in Svensk Damtidning not long ago, I remember when we talked about it on RD.

Sorry Ginger, I did not see you were first with the news, I wrote in Alexanders thread before I read your post!
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2016, 05:51:46 PM »

Wasn't Brigitta who basically said that the swedish household give titles just to anybody this day? Whistle
 I'm pretty sure I read sometihing about it, I believe it was during and interview that the dear old Brigitta said this, causing a stir, as most people guessed she was implying that that "anybody" was  in reference to Snakey's getting a title. Spiteful

You are correct! I think it was in an article in Svensk Damtidning not long ago, I remember when we talked about it on RD.

Sorry Ginger, I did not see you were first with the news, I wrote in Alexanders thread before I read your post!

It's totally ok, Cecilia.  Smiley You had more interesting facts about this "story".
There's a strange feeling now that the christening is only days ahead. Well, at least I can't quite see the future and the "mission" of the Swedish monarchy, and I hope Alexander and his cousins are set free.
Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 06:13:40 PM »

Thank you Ginger  Hug! Yes, that article did not help Sofias PR...maybe the journalist is not on her paylist as Lindwall is...
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2016, 06:30:13 PM »

Thank you Ginger  Hug! Yes, that article did not help Sofias PR...maybe the journalist is not on her paylist as Lindwall is...

Star Star Ginger & Cecilia, and another in 24, it's so nice to have you ladies commenting in this thread! I'm going to go read the article now, I just had to stop and say thank you to both of you. Your country deserves so much better than this, although I think Victoria has the right stuff to be a good Queen I'm just not sure the RF is going to survive the scandalous behavior of CG.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2016, 09:50:47 PM »

Hug  Cecilia and AddiesGirl, thank you for your kind words. They light up these dark times. (I didn't mean to sound quite so melodramatic, but you know what I mean  Smiley. )
It's good to read on this forum when you wonder if you or the rest of the world are/is going crazy.
Thank you, everyone.  Hug
Ingeborg

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2016, 01:15:26 AM »

Especially since they married decent guys and lost their places in the succession, but their nephew can marry a grade-z prn star and not only keep everything, but still remiain favored. Their eyes must get tired from rolling them so often.

They never had any place in the succession. Women never had any order in the succeion by the law with the Bernadottes before 1980.

Succession provides that the Swedish royal dignity inherited by the descendants of King Carl XIV Johan's male descendants, but since 1980 all descendants of Carl XIV Johan male descendant Carl XVI Gustaf, regardless of gender. The latter was at that time apart from his childless and aged uncle Prince Bertil the only remaining person who could still give the throne inheritance legitimate offspring according to the order of succession till then amended.

So that is not the problem. CG had nothing to do with that. And the old king could not change any swedish law either. It was the politicians who changed the law.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »

Wondering if Leonor and Nicolas will stay in line of succession, based on the additional rule that the person needs to be brought up in Sweden.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2016, 11:05:34 AM »

Especially since they married decent guys and lost their places in the succession, but their nephew can marry a grade-z prn star and not only keep everything, but still remiain favored. Their eyes must get tired from rolling them so often.

They never had any place in the succession. Women never had any order in the succeion by the law with the Bernadottes before 1980.

Succession provides that the Swedish royal dignity inherited by the descendants of King Carl XIV Johan's male descendants, but since 1980 all descendants of Carl XIV Johan male descendant Carl XVI Gustaf, regardless of gender. The latter was at that time apart from his childless and aged uncle Prince Bertil the only remaining person who could still give the throne inheritance legitimate offspring according to the order of succession till then amended.

So that is not the problem. CG had nothing to do with that. And the old king could not change any swedish law either. It was the politicians who changed the law.

If I am correct it was Agnatic primogeniture before 1979/1980.

According to Wiki:
Under agnatic primogeniture, or patrilineal primogeniture, the degree of kinship (of males and females) is determined by tracing shared descent from the nearest common ancestor through male ancestors: Those who share agnatic kinship are termed "agnates", those who share descent from a common ancestor through males and females or through females only are "cognates".

There were different types of succession based on agnatic primogeniture, all sharing the principle that inheritance is according to seniority of birth among siblings (compare to ultimogeniture) and seniority of lineage among the agnatic kin, firstly, among the sons of a monarch or head of family, with sons and their male-line issue inheriting before brothers and their issue.

When an agnatic primogeniture system altogether excludes females from inheritance of the family's main possessions, it is known in Europe as application of the Salic law (see Terra salica). By the beginning of the 19th century, only the royal houses of Bourbon and Savoy, among Europe's historic national dynasties, continued to completely bar women from succession. Later, the new monarchies or dynasties of France (under the Bonapartes), Belgium, Denmark (beginning in 1853), Sweden (beginning in 1810), Albania, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Romania, and Serbia introduced Salic law. During this era, Spain (in the Carlist conflicts) and Portugal (in the Liberal conflicts) fought civil wars which pitted the Salic and female-line heirs of their dynasties against one another for possession of the crown.

The divergence in the late 19th century of the thrones of Luxembourg and the Netherlands, both ruled by semi-Salic law, resulted from the fact that the Luxembourg line of succession went back more generations than did the Dutch line. The Luxembourg succession was set by the Nassau House Treaty of 1783, which declared each prince of the House of Nassau to be a potential heir to the territories of every branch of the dynasty. Insofar as the succession is concerned, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is the successor state to the Principality of (Orange-)Nassau-Dietz, which was given in exchange to Willem VI of Nassau, Prince of Orange in 1813. Succession to the new Kingdom of the Netherlands was recognised by the Congress of Vienna in 1815 as belonging exclusively to the descendants of Prince Willem VI, who became King Willem I of the Netherlands. In 1890, Willem I's agnatic line of male descendants died out, leaving the Netherlands to his female descendant Queen Wilhelmina, whereas Luxembourg still had an agnatic heir from a distant branch of the dynasty left to succeed; ex-Duke Adolf of Nassau, who became reigning Grand Duke, thus ending the personal union of the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

So it is not completely clear to me if CG sisters were completely excluded from succession. Or if they could succeed when King Carl XIII's agnatic line of male descendants (which were eligible for the throne) would die out.  Similar to the above mentioned example of Netherlands and Luxembourg.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2016, 11:34:11 AM »

Princess Christina suffers from chronical leukemia.
Princess Christina will undergo treatment, and will carry out the commitments she can.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:49:34 AM by Ginger » Logged
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »

How terrible.  I hope she recovers.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2016, 03:03:46 PM »

Best wishes for her and her family and friends
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »

Princess Christina will undergo treatment, and will carry out the commitments she can.

Oh no!  How horrible. 

I hope that she's strong enough to withstand the treatment, and that it has been caught early enough for it to go into remission.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2016, 10:56:54 PM »

Oh no!  How horrible. 

I hope that she's strong enough to withstand the treatment, and that it has been caught early enough for it to go into remission.

I hope so too! It is a terrible illness. My aunt is suffering from it and is now in remission. The whole thing has changed her and her values completely. We hope she is now well but there is always a fear that it will return.

I wonder if her not being at Alexander's christening had something to do with this.

I wish Christina all the best and a very speedy recovery!

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »

Christina seems to be doing better now  Thumb up She and Tord attended an event at the Royal Swedish Opera.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »

The court released a statement about Christina's health

http://www.kungahuset.se/...a359a15a27172881130e.html

Princess Christina is undergoing stem cell transplantation.

Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson has since October been treated for blood cancer with regular chemotherapy. The treatment has gone well. But the Princess's blood cancer can't be cured with this treatment because it occurred in bone marrow stem cells that are resistant to chemotherapy. After consultation with family and doctors, the Princess has decided to undergo a stem cell transplant. Over the coming months, the Princess and her family's entire force will be focused on the treatment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: