Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Hagasessorna  (Read 51757 times)
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »

I wish she'll recover!

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »

I wish she'll recover!

Me too! This sounds very serious though and it might be that she will never be fully cured from it. Sometimes it is possible to stop the illness from progressing though and that way have several normal years. It is very sad to hear that they are not able to cure it through ordinary means. I have never heard of anyone who would have been permanently cured with stem cell therapy. Usually it is just buying time. But I do hope I'm wrong.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »

I wish she'll recover!

Me too! This sounds very serious though and it might be that she will never be fully cured from it. Sometimes it is possible to stop the illness from progressing though and that way have several normal years. It is very sad to hear that they are not able to cure it through ordinary means. I have never heard of anyone who would have been permanently cured with stem cell therapy. Usually it is just buying time. But I do hope I'm wrong.
I had the exact same thoughts but I didn't want to say anything hoping that I haven't understood well the statement.
At least they have the financial resources for a treatment like this and this gives them hope which is very important for the psycology/emotional state and the recovery of the patient.

Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »

Finally some good news!  Smiley

Margareta Thorgren, director of the press department, spoke to Expressen about Christina's health:

- Princess Christina would like people to know that she is feeling well. The treatments that the princess have undergone have gone well and as planned. She is feeling well considering the circumstances.

https://www.expressen.se/...ter-cancerbehandlingarna/

People close to Christina also say that nowadays she is much happier and sees a bright future ahead of her. She still undergoing regular checks in connection with her treatment, but on the whole her health is significantly better now.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »

Finally some good news!  Smiley

Margareta Thorgren, director of the press department, spoke to Expressen about Christina's health:

- Princess Christina would like people to know that she is feeling well. The treatments that the princess have undergone have gone well and as planned. She is feeling well considering the circumstances.

https://www.expressen.se/...ter-cancerbehandlingarna/

People close to Christina also say that nowadays she is much happier and sees a bright future ahead of her. She still undergoing regular checks in connection with her treatment, but on the whole her health is significantly better now.

Hug

I'm so glad to read this.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2018, 07:52:17 PM »

Christina is retiring from royal work. She is turning 75 and gave an interview to TT Nyhetsbyrån.

https://www.expressen.se/...a-avvecklar-sina-uppdrag/

After 45 years working for the royal house, Princess Christina now leaves her mission to new generations, writes Dagens Nyheter.
Princess Christina - or Christina Magnuson - she prefers to not use titles. And now she is about to be retired from the assignments that come with being a princess. On August 3rd she turns 75 and will retire from her duties, she says in an interview.
- I try to realize that every day is important. I don't want to tie myself up with a lot of things in the future, but really take care of what I have, and those around me.

Last year she was treated for leukemia - with good results. But the disease became a reminder of the transience of life.
When the old King Gustav VI Adolf passed away 45 years ago, her younger brother Carl Gustaf took over as Sweden's head of state. The three older sisters were already married and left out of the picture at that time.
- We were not that many in the early 1970s when both my mother and my grandfather passed away, just my brother and me. So there was nothing else to do than take care of what needed to be done.

She herself inherited her mother princess Sibylla's missions, and thus undertook a lot of tasks that she would not have chosen herself - but she did it with joy. The Crown Princess Margareta's Memorial Fund, was such a mission. Now she feels that the assignments have given her insight into civil society and the importance of nonprofit organizations.

But Christina Magnuson is especially famous for her involvement in both the Swedish and International Red Cross. She was also the chairman of the first organization to prevent AIDS and HIV in Sweden - Stiftelsen Noaks Ark-Röda Korset. She has also been involved in cancer research and donations for cancer research. When she got breast cancer in 2010, it was obvious to her that she needed to go public about the disease as a contribution to the spread of knowledge and awareness about the disease.
- The ability to survive and live longer even with cancer has become so infinitely greater. I'm sitting here today. I probably wouldn't have done that ten years ago.

Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »

Birgitta is back in Sweden at the moment and attended 1,6 miljonerklubben's 20th anniversary celebrations in Stockholm last night. The 1,6 miljonerklubben is a non-profit health organization for women

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:03:53 AM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »

Oei auntie Birgitta, what have you done to yourself? Too much sun (without sunblock/screen, too much smoking or something else, or perhaps and, and & and.

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »

Well, she's 81, looks 99.
One thing for sure, she never saw a cosmetical surgeon.

The fact that she's very thin without any flesh or fat on the bones surely adds to the wrinkles.
And she spent like the last 40 years of her life outside on the golf course, and the 20 years before that with a lot of tanning, both without appropriate sun tan lotion (I do remember the times when one thought, SPF 10 was high and enough ...).
From smoking alone, you don't get such skin. My mother is 3 years her junior, but looks like 68. She smoked for about 40 years - but was never much interested in tanning sessions.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »

The fact that she's very thin without any flesh or fat on the bones surely adds to the wrinkles.
And she spent like the last 40 years of her life outside on the golf course, and the 20 years before that with a lot of tanning, both without appropriate sun tan lotion (I do remember the times when one thought, SPF 10 was high and enough ...).
From smoking alone, you don't get such skin. My mother is 3 years her junior, but looks like 68. She smoked for about 40 years - but was never much interested in tanning sessions.

My parents are about 5-6 years her junior, only my dead smoked for a while (my mother very very very occasionally). Both have spend a very large portion outdoors (throughout the whole year), without sun tan lotion. My father has a permanent tan (you can exactly see his summer clothing outlines Wink ). Both have wrinkles, but not that much as Brigitta, well in my memory. My mother only have troubles with her hands, as being an avid nail biter and struggling with rough skin on her hands.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2018, 04:53:11 PM »

Oei auntie Birgitta, what have you done to yourself? Too much sun (without sunblock/screen, too much smoking or something else, or perhaps and, and & and.

You’re both right. And add on to all of that she’s dressed for a woman in her 30’s, which is aging her further.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »

You’re both right. And add on to all of that she’s dressed for a woman in her 30’s, which is aging her further.

Thanks for that good addition!
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »

Birgitta always looks like she doesn't give a f**k about what everyone else thinks, and I do like that about her. She does her own thing, and never pretends to be someone she's not.

I loved what she wore to CP and Ssss' wedding
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »

Most interestingly, the shoes she wore to CP/S-wedding are the same she wore to that gala yesterday.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »

Birgitta always looks like she doesn't give a f**k about what everyone else thinks, and I do like that about her. She does her own thing, and never pretends to be someone she's not.

I loved what she wore to CP and Ssss' wedding

she seems like the fun, good-time, cray-cray aunt that everybody would like to have.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: