Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Hagasessorna  (Read 57527 times)
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2018, 08:33:35 PM »

On the 26th of November Princess Christina attended the The Royal Swedish Academy of Music's formal gathering. She delivered medals to Ramn Anthin, Camilla Lundberg, Per Lindvall and Robert Sund.

karma chamelion

Large Member

Delphine Boel's grandmother

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2018, 02:26:26 AM »

Christina is absolutely one of my favorite royals, it's really nice to see her getting out and about more. Really lovely lady. Thanks for the photos Marieke Star

On the Lit Train for GIANTS!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2019, 02:06:51 PM »

This is how Princess Birgitta is planning her funeral

https://www.expressen.se/...-birgitta-sin-begravning/

Princess Birgitta is one of Sweden's most popular royals, even though she left Sweden as a young woman. She has lived in Germany for 40 years and in Mallorca for 17 years.
82 years old and with good health she has now started planning for her funeral.

- That's my problem at the moment, she says. I think too much about death. It's awful when you're alone. And I know it's getting closer and closer, I can die tomorrow and I can die here and just go out and lie down so it's nothing new, but as you get older it gets closer and closer and when you're alone which I am very often, then you start to think about it. And that's not good.

What are you thinking about then?
- Just the same as my daughter says, "Mom, we need to know what to do with you," she says, laughing.

Princess Birgitta knows how she wants to be buried.
- I have asked my family that when I am no longer here I hope ... I have asked if I can come back to Haga and stay with my parents, I actually did.
- They know I want to be buried in Sweden. I have asked if I can come to my dad and mom at Haga. I asked and they said yes.

Why does it mean a lot to you?
- I was born in Sweden and my roots are in Sweden, even though I have only lived there for 24 years and the rest of my life has been abroad. First in Germany for 40 years and then in Spain for 17 years. But my roots are in Sweden. And my heart above all.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »

Christina has written a book about her grandmother - Princess Margaret of Connaught. The title of the book is Hon kallades Daisy (She was called Daisy).

https://www.svenskdam.se/...as-nya-bok-om-sin-farmor/

- Princess Christina is pleased that the book will be published this spring. She has been very involved and this is a project that has taken place over several years, says the Court's Head of Information Margareta Thorgren.

The book is called She was called Daisy and the princess has gone through private family archives, documents and photo albums to find out who her grandmother really was. In addition, she has traveled to her cousin, Queen Margrethe, to get a clearer picture of their common relative, Crown Princess Margareta.

Why did the princess choose to write this book?

- Basically, it's about the princess having a very strong interest in cultural history. Crown Princess Margareta was an amazing woman with many different interests that Princess Christina wanted to portray.

Where did she find information about her grandmother?

- At the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace.

She was called Daisy will be released by Bonnier Fakta and will be in stores on April 20.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:59:57 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2019, 02:56:51 PM »

I wish they would publish it in English
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2019, 04:13:29 PM »

https://www.bonnierfakta....27988/hon-kallades-daisy/

Princess Christina never got to know her grandmother. Crown Princess Margareta, Gustaf VI Adolf's first wife died just 38 years old exactly 100 years ago, pregnant with her sixth child. Not only did she leave the family in paralyzing grief - she was mourned by a whole people. How come? And why was it so quiet after her?

Princess Christina has searched the private family archives for answers. She has gone through letters, photo albums and documents and traveled to her cousin Queen Margrethe in Denmark to find out more. In "Hon kallades Daisy", she gives life and color to an open, versatile and talented English princess who fell in love with a Swedish prince in Cairo, was called the ray of sunshine at Stockholm Palaces, and appears as the first modern royal in Sweden.

Through her search, Princess Christina finally gets to know her grandmother Daisy. In the book she writes about her foresight and warm interest and commitment to people, even far outside her own circle, and she talks about her artistic talent and great interest in gardening. But she has also received an in-depth picture of her own grandfather, Gustaf VI Adolf, when she meets him as a young man in love and later in the role of crown prince. In a conversation with her cousins ​​Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte of Denmark, which is one of the chapters in the richly illustrated book, the images clarify even more.

The book is written in collaboration with Carl Otto Werkelid, who has been working as a journalist and cultural writer since the 1970s and for many years worked at Svenska Dagbladet, including as cultural director. He has also been a cultural adviser to the Swedish Embassy in London.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2019, 04:16:01 PM »

I wish they would publish it in English

That would be nice. Christina's last book, Dagar på Drottningholm (Days at Drottningholm), was also published in English, so I'm hoping this book will too.
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

San Marino San Marino

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:36 PM »

I'm not good at this kind of observations but when I watch to this photograph of Margaret of Connaught, I see Leonore's eyes. Blush
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2019, 09:32:50 PM »

I'm not good at this kind of observations but when I watch to this photograph of Margaret of Connaught, I see Leonore's eyes. Blush

I can see it too. Also in Madeleine. Yes
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »

Birgitta returned home to Sweden to attend a fundraising gala held by Jontefonden. She is a patron of the Jontefonden Foundation, which offers support to kids who have undergone organ transplants.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2019, 04:24:41 PM »

OMG, they might be lovely adorable ladies who are a riot to be and party with, but by beavis and butthead, those two look like warnings on a plastic surgery table.
BTW, doesn't the lady on the left look like a long lost Fergie sister?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2019, 04:31:31 PM »

I have to confess Birgitta almost has a kind of skeleton head  Secret

amethyst

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »

I feel bad saying this but Birgitta is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen. is it plastic surgery or just bad genetics?

also that dress is far too young for her
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »

I feel bad saying this but Birgitta is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen. is it plastic surgery or just bad genetics?

I guess it is plastic surgery + smoking + too much sun and a little bit genetics.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »

I guess it is plastic surgery + smoking + too much sun and a little bit genetics.

It's the excessive tanning. None of her sisters look even half as bad as her, but then again they haven't spend the majority of their adult lives playing golf on Mallorca either..

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 05:23:59 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: