This is how Princess Birgitta is planning her funeralhttps://www.expressen.se/...-birgitta-sin-begravning/
Princess Birgitta is one of Sweden's most popular royals, even though she left Sweden as a young woman. She has lived in Germany for 40 years and in Mallorca for 17 years.
82 years old and with good health she has now started planning for her funeral.
- That's my problem at the moment, she says. I think too much about death. It's awful when you're alone. And I know it's getting closer and closer, I can die tomorrow and I can die here and just go out and lie down so it's nothing new, but as you get older it gets closer and closer and when you're alone which I am very often, then you start to think about it. And that's not good.
What are you thinking about then?
- Just the same as my daughter says, "Mom, we need to know what to do with you," she says, laughing.
Princess Birgitta knows how she wants to be buried.
- I have asked my family that when I am no longer here I hope ... I have asked if I can come back to Haga and stay with my parents, I actually did.
- They know I want to be buried in Sweden. I have asked if I can come to my dad and mom at Haga. I asked and they said yes.
Why does it mean a lot to you?
- I was born in Sweden and my roots are in Sweden, even though I have only lived there for 24 years and the rest of my life has been abroad. First in Germany for 40 years and then in Spain for 17 years. But my roots are in Sweden. And my heart above all.