Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals : who will abdicate next ?  (Read 26248 times)
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2014, 01:07:24 AM »

Maybe Harald, though I hope not.  I hope Carl-Gustav, though I think not.

(Love your avatar, Rita.)
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2014, 01:11:38 AM »

Maybe Harald, though I hope not.  I hope Carl-Gustav, though I think not.

(Love your avatar, Rita.)
Hug Hug

babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »

I don't think any of the older remaining Euro monarchs will abdicate.  I think it would be an Eastern monarch like the King of Thailand or the King of Jordan, probably for political reasons, not for personal reasons, ie a coup or some such civil disturbance.
I don't know much about the situation in Thailand but isn't the crown prince totally unpopular? Though it will be hard to succeed Bhumibol and Sirikit anyway.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 07:31:11 AM »

If the current Woman's Day, in Australia, is to be believed - EIIR has decided to abdicate in her Christmas message this year AND pass the throne to William and Kate - with Charles approval.

http://www.womansday.com....ess-catherine-to-be-queen!/

The DM, today, though is running a story that claims that Charles has indicated that he will continue to speak out when he is King. Surely if he knew he was about to lose out on the top job then there would be no need for such a claim anyway. http://www.dailymail.co.u...s-King-claims-source.html

So which is it?

Charles will continue to speak out on issues or is being passed over, in about a months time so his son and pregnant daughter-in-law can ascend the throne?

Georgiana

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »

If the current Woman's Day, in Australia, is to be believed - EIIR has decided to abdicate in her Christmas message this year AND pass the throne to William and Kate - with Charles approval.

http://www.womansday.com....ess-catherine-to-be-queen!/

The DM, today, though is running a story that claims that Charles has indicated that he will continue to speak out when he is King. Surely if he knew he was about to lose out on the top job then there would be no need for such a claim anyway. http://www.dailymail.co.u...s-King-claims-source.html

So which is it?

Charles will continue to speak out on issues or is being passed over, in about a months time so his son and pregnant daughter-in-law can ascend the throne?

Wow, what nonsense to print!
violetroses

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

Do Woman's Day really think people would believe that even for a split second?!?!
The Queen might abdicate her duties if she went blind or started to get dementia but she wouldnt offically abdicate instead she would set up a Regency with Charles doing the duties.
She would NEVER abdicate to put W&K on the throne as
1) Charles has been trained for the job
2) The Queen Mother in heaven would never forgive her for passing over Charles
3) William has always maintained his desire for a "normal" stress free life
4) It would demote not just Charles but her own children (at least with King Charles all his brothers & sisters would be welcome at Christmas- with William in charge I doubt he would welcome anybody other than his own hangers-on *)

*Remember the Christening of Prince George-it must go down as the least royal filled christening of a future king ever!

“'I doubt there are any subtleties of combat I can advise you on ma'am” Ross Poldark
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »

True, why would she abdicate? She always said that this job is for life. And even if she did, she can't just give the throne to Lazy and Waity, Charles would have to abdicate as well before his son could become king. So just a lot of nonsense written by some extremely stupid WK sugars
Das Veilchen

Micro Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »

It would seem that Woman's Day have withdrawn their article.   Clown

Sorry, the page you're looking for doesn't exist

Unless it's restricted to certain countries?
vivee

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »

It would seem that Woman's Day have withdrawn their article.   Clown

Sorry, the page you're looking for doesn't exist

Unless it's restricted to certain countries?

Nope, it's still there! I think the exclamation mark in the URL prevents it from linking properly? Here is the text of the article:

"It’s the British royal shake-up that will go down in history, as the royals put together top-secret plans to crown Duchess as the new Queen, sooner rather than later.

It took a very serious terror threat during Remembrance Day in London against the Queen for her to reconsider her public position. She has since come to the momentous decision to crown her grandson Prince William and his wife Duchess Catherine as the next King and Queen.

While the 88-year-old Monarch says she would never retire, a well placed palace source tells Woman’s Day that the Queen plans to make her plans public during her traditional Christmas Day broadcast.

And after talking over her decision with senior royal advisors, the British Prime Minister, her eldest Son Prince Charles and William and Catherine – she feels that she has come to the right decision.

The Queen knows that the British monarchy hasn’t seen this much popularity since the prominence of Princess Diana and knows she has William and Catherine to thank for the surge in popularity.

Part of the Queen’s decision is her desire to spend more time with her husband Prince Philip, who has been plagued with health problems in recent years. As the pair is set to celebrate their 67th wedding anniversary together on November 20, they are ready to start spending more time together.

But what do the Queen’s new plans mean for Prince Charles? Sources reveal that after lengthy meetings with her son, the pair agreed that William and Catherine’s youth and enthusiasm is exactly what the monarchy needs, with Charles was said to be “supportive and understanding” of his mother’s decision.

Meanwhile, respected royal journalist Bill Coles confirms William and Kate are ready to take charge.

'The Queen is an incredibly strong-willed woman, who has proven she can overcome adversity time and time again – but she is not keen to face public life without Prince Philip beside her,' he tells Woman’s Day."
Das Veilchen

Micro Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »

vivee!  Thanks!   Star

But what do the Queen’s new plans mean for Prince Charles? Sources reveal that after lengthy meetings with her son, the pair agreed that William and Catherine’s youth and enthusiasm is exactly what the monarchy needs, with Charles was said to be “supportive and understanding” of his mother’s decision.
Laughing
vivee

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »

vivee!  Thanks!   Star

Laughing

No problem  Star
tcalvar

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »

That whole Woman's Day article is a pile of crap.  First off, everyone who knows anything about Queen Elizabeth II knows she will never ever abdicate.  She sees herself as being appointed by God to perform this role until the day she rolls off the throne dead.  The British Monarch is anointed at their coronation and the Queen being a deeply Christian woman takes her anointing very seriously. Even if the Queen came down with a debilitating illness she wouldn't abdicate, rather  Charles would be proclaimed Regent.  Second, the Queen cannot choose her successor.  If she wanted William to become King after her death, the British Parliament and all the Commonwealth Realms would have to introduce legislation and completely rewrite the succession rules.  The only way Charles won't be King is if he dies before his mother. 

Besides, why quit now when she's so close to beating Victoria's record?!
Lady of the Lurk

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »

That whole Woman's Day article is a pile of crap.  First off, everyone who knows anything about Queen Elizabeth II knows she will never ever abdicate.  She sees herself as being appointed by God to perform this role until the day she rolls off the throne dead.  The British Monarch is anointed at their coronation and the Queen being a deeply Christian woman takes her anointing very seriously. Even if the Queen came down with a debilitating illness she wouldn't abdicate, rather  Charles would be proclaimed Regent.  Second, the Queen cannot choose her successor.  If she wanted William to become King after her death, the British Parliament and all the Commonwealth Realms would have to introduce legislation and completely rewrite the succession rules.  The only way Charles won't be King is if he dies before his mother. 

Besides, why quit now when she's so close to beating Victoria's record?!

I think I laughed harder than I should have at that - forget all the other reasons, it's so obvious now that you've mentioned!
Raquel123

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2016, 08:08:43 AM »

Sweden
Spain
Or Belgium

Maybe after our Queen maybe UK.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2016, 12:22:40 PM »

I doubt that there will be an abdication in Belgium or Spain in the next few years, the CPs are too young. But I can well see the monarchies in Belgium, Spain and Sweden falling (and maybe Lux after Henri retires)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: