Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Letizia News  (Read 306959 times)
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: March 18, 2017, 11:27:29 AM »

^^^^ The man behind Letizia and the one standing next to him in glasses are two of the most iconic news anchors in Spain. They've been many years at the two oldest and biggest private tv channels (Letizia was for a short while their competitor and she beat them at the ratings in the public channel)
This was also a serious audience since it regarded road safety  Smiley

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: March 18, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »

Yes, she's using an ATM. I wonder how other royals get their money without using an ATM. Do they have a vault full of money inside of their palaces?  Thinking

I've also read that an aide-de-camp carries the money of the SRF, and I imagine a Zarzuela employee or the aide-de-camp himself was in charge of getting cash from the royals bank. When JC&Sofia were princes before Franco's death a government official dropped envelopes with cash as their salary (iirc)

Flanagan

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: March 18, 2017, 02:01:46 PM »

^ I don't know about other royal families but there is an ATM connected to Coutts, the 'royal' bank, located inside BP. There is probably another at KP. Maybe other royals have the same arrangements in their countries.

I read elsewhere that all the British senior royals have special pins attached to their credit cards so the money can't be tracked or the account hacked. Nothing like that would worry the Queen who never carries cash or cards but has assistants make purchases.

Didn't Kate have trouble once with a credit card when she was trying to hire scuba gear for herself and Willie?  Something to do with the shop querying why there was no surname on the card?

I had no clue, Rosella!  Thank you  Champagne  I guess I always assumed that aides would take care of the paying.   Star
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: March 21, 2017, 02:03:04 AM »

Vanity Fair studied 47 speeches Letizia gave and listed quotes on some common issues she talked about. It's widely reported that she wrote her own speeches. I just read these quotes and I'm impressed. Even through translation, these are very well written.

http://www.microsofttrans...-de-sus-discursos%2F23737

A lot of royals should read these....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:08:15 AM by Laprincess » Logged
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: March 23, 2017, 01:15:13 AM »

Letizia and one of the girls were seen on a flight from Geneva to Madrid on Monday. The girls had no school last Friday and Monday. F&L had no engagement either. Unlike the fake news earlier by Cristina's PR channel that said they planned to go to Geneva for a "reconciliation" with Cristina, El Mundo speculates that they went skiing in Switzerland. Letizia traveled with Leonor and Felipe probably traveled with Sofia on a separate plane.

http://www.elmundo.es/loc...6b2ee2704ead138b45cf.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:38:11 AM by Laprincess » Logged
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: March 23, 2017, 01:23:33 AM »

But why on different planes?

RoyalMusings

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: March 23, 2017, 01:26:46 AM »

But why on different planes?

The King & the heir can't travel together.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: March 23, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »

Letizia and Eva Fernandez were seen leaving Juan Duyos studio in Madrid. Duyos is an important designer, considered one of the best Spanish designers. Hola speculates that she was having something done for one of her upcoming trips, and I don't think they're wrong. Scans by lula

Duyos' last collection: http://www.vogue.es/desfi...n-week-madrid-duyos/13751
And his last spring-summer collection: http://www.vogue.es/desfi...n-week-madrid-duyos/13023

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: March 23, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »

I don?t see anything she can wear for state visits from the collections though.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: March 24, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »

Letizia and Eva Fernandez were seen leaving Juan Duyos studio in Madrid. Duyos is an important designer, considered one of the best Spanish designers. Hola speculates that she was having something done for one of her upcoming trips, and I don't think they're wrong. Scans by lula

Duyos' last collection: http://www.vogue.es/desfi...n-week-madrid-duyos/13751
And his last spring-summer collection: http://www.vogue.es/desfi...n-week-madrid-duyos/13023

Letti is looking like she is going to clean someone's house or office building.............
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: March 24, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »

I like a lot what she's wearing minus the Uterque pants.

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:23 PM »

I don?t see anything she can wear for state visits from the collections though.

I don't think she's going to wear anything from the collections. His last runaway show was very special because the models were the most iconic Spanish models (most of them retired long ago), and he explained that the collection didn't have any common thread, that he designed clothes specifically for each model since that's what they do at their studio for their clients. In his own words from the first link I posted:
"Estamos trabajando cotidianamente con eso, t? llegas a nuestro estudio y vemos que te queda bien para ofrecerte algo personalizado. Y lo que hemos hecho con cada una es justo eso."
"This is what we work with daily, someone comes to our studio and we see what looks good on them to offer them something custom-made"

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: March 25, 2017, 02:10:52 AM »

Letti is looking like she is going to clean someone's house or office building.............

I have to agree.  Blink I like what her stylist's wearing.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: March 26, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »

The Senegal trip was almost cancelled? Is it still on for May or June?  Thinking And VF, Letizia would have been in Davos long ago if JC's grey men didn't turn down the invitation that was specifically for her.  Roll Eyes

***************************************************************************************************************

This is the next (and risky) journey of Letizia

It has already been suspended once for political instability in the area. Will your trip to Senegal be confirmed this time?

n Letizia has traveled to Porto to attend the opening ceremony of the 7th European Conference "Tobacco or Health" as honorary president of the Spanish Association against Cancer. With this act, the sovereign adds another trip to the increasingly bulging international agenda alone and in a few weeks could take her to Senegal.

May or June would be the months chosen by the Spanish Agency of Cooperation for Felipe VI's wife to move to the African country. The objective is to know firsthand the projects that the Spanish government has implemented in the area. It would be the first time that the queen moves alone to Africa. This initiative would be part of the monarch's humanitarian commitments and included in its calendar of institutional activities.

This expedition was about to be canceled again in January - as it happened in 2016 before the absence of government in Spain - by the political situation that was lived in the zone. Former Gambian President Yahya Jammeh refused to hand over power to Adama Barrow, winner of the December elections. Faced with these facts, which could provoke diplomatic instability in the countries concerned, Senegal decided to intervene militarily and force Jammeh to leave the presidential palace. The Spanish authorities did not want to put the queen at risk and bring about a situation similar to that experienced by the Crown Princess of Denmark.

Mary Donaldson was in the Sirian refugee camp in Za'atari, Jordan, accompanied by Danish Development Minister Christian Friis Bach. At the time the Australian was about to begin a media appearance covering the trip, a UN technician warned security services that a group of disgruntled refugees were heading to where they were. Mary had to be evacuated and to end, suddenly, the solidarity visit.

Cooperative travel is a task Letizia has inherited from Queen Sofia. The monarch carried out about 30 humanitarian displacements around the world, the last in 2014 to Guatemala. The Asturian premiered as a 'cooperating queen' in 2015 when she visited Honduras and El Salvador and at the official dinner offered by Honduran President Juan Orlando Hern?ndez and his wife, Ana Garc?a in the Presidential House, emphasized "the illusion that makes me share With you this new experience ".

After that evening, the monarch was expecting an agenda full of meetings with technicians and volunteers, workshops for women at risk of social exclusion and implementation of infrastructure for sanitation and restoration patrimonial. A series of activities that are repeated, with some exception, in each and every one of the solidarity missions in which the women of Casa Real are involved.

But Letizia's agenda is not only nourished by cooperation trips. The Queen represents in all the countries in which it is claimed, the causes that she abanders and for which she works to give them visibility as FAO Ambassador or honorary president of the AECC. Although he is still a long way from reaching his colleagues such as Maxim of Holland, Rania of Jordan or Matilde of Belgium, who perform their work alone in forums as important as Davos, Letizia is gaining an increasingly prominent international presence. These are some of the trips he has made without the king's company.

Read the rest here:
http://www.revistavanityf...de-la-reina-letizia/23792
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: March 26, 2017, 11:06:02 PM »

i read the article but i still don't see why her trip to Senegal should be risky?!!!!!!! Thinking
Senegal is stable country with no serious security problems,the article is simply silly Africans states have alots of issues to deal with but most of them are rather stable and very great destinations..Mohammed VI just spend whole month visiting several countries without any serious matter,i think some Europeans media should stop talking no sense they are acting like snobs

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: