Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles  (Read 16263 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 05:24:50 AM »

We own the land down to a certain depth and below that it belongs to the state - as in the UK - we don't own it down to the Earth's Core.
Auron

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »

As an American, I don't get the Duchy owning mineral rights under land owned by someone else.  In the three states I have lived in, two of which being Commonwealth ones, if you own the land, you own the land and whatever is on it or in it

As another American, all my mineral rights knowledge comes from Dallas - JR ended up owning the land while Bobby and the other brother owned the mineral rights, which led to yet another "'I wanna drill on Southfork! ' NOOOO!'" slapfight.

Looking it up, that is the way it works in at least Texas, which makes sense considering how many powerful oil companies used that land.

What I'm saying is that Prince Charles is Bobby Ewing . . . and that other guy.  Wink
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »

Putting this story here because it seems to follow the thread.

Prince of Wales forced to cancel sale of engine house restored by Cornish people
Prince Charles's Duchy of Cornwall estate was hoping to raise up to £50,000 by selling the historic building and 45 acres of land

The Prince of Wales has withdrawn a Cornish engine house and 45 acres of land from sale after an angry reaction from local people who raised thousands of pounds to restore it.
The Prince’s Duchy of Cornwall estate had put the land and the historic Victorian building up for auction with an estimate of £40,000 to £50,000 after the local council decided it did not want to renew a lease on the land, which is popular with walkers.

...[The engine house] fell into disrepair and in 1972 local residents formed the Prince of Wales Engine House Society, raising almost £8,000 to hire local unemployed builders to shore up the empty building, with the permission of the Duchy, which did not want to pay for the work itself.

Mary Dyer, Chair of Tintagel Parish Council, said: "If local people had not done that then it would just be stones and rubble now.
"The local people put their hard earned money into it and the Duchy is set to reap the rewards. That in anyone’s book is not fair.
"The people who put the money in, that is who it belongs to. It annoyed local people when a 'for sale' sign went up at the property.

--Read the full article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.u...ed-by-Cornish-people.html

I understand that the Duchy owns the property and buildings. The honorable thing to do would be to repay the cost of the repairs and improvements as part of the sale of the property. Don't really believe that the Duchy could not pay for repairs. More likely would not.

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Taffy

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Zowie Caveee

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:37 PM »

Seriously now, where is Charles?  I'm starting to worry Crazy

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected . 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fu*king what?"
Lady G

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »

I saw this photo of Princess Elizabeth of Hesse, sister of Prince Philip's grandmother, the Marchioness of Milford Haven. Doesn't Charles look like her?

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »

Seriously now, where is Charles?  I'm starting to worry Crazy

Charles has been undertaking official engagements in Scotland including meeting European Heads of Mission on the first day of the State Visit.

He normally has a slack October with some engagements on the first couple of days and then some further engagements from the middle of the month (according to the poster on TRF who has been keeping the records there for the last few years based on the CC).

He has an upcoming tour of Colombia and Mexico starting soon as well so we will see him and Camilla out and about.
Lady Willoughby

Big Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »

I saw this photo of Princess Elizabeth of Hesse, sister of Prince Philip's grandmother, the Marchioness of Milford Haven. Doesn't Charles look like her?

I do see it in the eyes Lady G. Great pic  Star

Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

Wow great find Lady G Star The all look alike in that family! Shocked

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

Yes, Prince Philip's mother Alice of Greece looked like Ella of Hesse. Elizabeth of course ended her life being thrown down a mine shaft during the Russian Revolution.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 11:32:04 PM »

Alice, of course, was Ella's niece and also inspired by her aunt Ella in many ways.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 02:59:02 AM »

Very much so!!
cantstandher

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »

What a resemblance. Amazing
Winnifred
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »

This is eerily true.

On a different note, I find it funny (and rather telling) that the Camilla thread has garnered over 28 pages, whist Charles measures up at... 2. He's just never going to be as interesting as his wives, is he?

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »

Putting this here because it seems to fit the previous entries.

'Is the Duchy free to break the law without criminal sanction?'

By JOSEPH CURTIS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 09:49 EST, 27 December 2015 | UPDATED: 11:41 EST, 27 December 2015

An obscure law allows the Prince of Wales to set off nuclear bombs without fear of punishment, a new study has revealed. Prince Charles is also exempt from punishment for breaching the Data Protection Act and has better legal protection over his properties than other landowners.
It comes after Plymouth University visiting research fellow John Kirkhope launched a comprehensive investigation into the legal quirks the prince benefits from.

According to The Sunday Times, Dr Kirkhope went through government archives, met with officials and used the Freedom of Information Act to discover the information, which looks closely at Prince Charles? role as the Duke of Cornwall. The title comes with a 700-year-old estate that grants the heir to the throne an income, but also provides special quirks, such as power over ?crown roads? ? thoroughfares that cannot be altered without the Duchy?s permission. But such roads may not even exist and when Dr Kirkhope tried to compile a list of such roads, he was told by the Department of Transport that they did not have any information on them.

Dr Kirkhope also found the Duchy excludes the prince from criminal liability on a number of laws including the Nuclear Explosions (Prohibition and Inspections) Act 1998, the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and the Data Protection Act 1998. In his research paper, titled ?Is the Duchy free to break the law without criminal sanction??, he wrote that the Duchy was given immunity in 1913 because its lands were sometimes held by Britain?s monarch when there was no heir. Dr Kirkhope argued the draughtsmen who made those decisions in the early 20th Century ?fundamentally misunderstood? the Duchy and argued the Royals should have no rights to its lands or properties but only the income it generates.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for Clarence House distanced the prince from the study and said statues were a Parliamentary matter.

From: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3375397/The-obscure-law-allows-Prince-Charles-set-nuclear-bombs-without-fear-criminal-punishment.html

Note: Using the DM version instead of Times to allow access to source by all.

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »

This is eerily true.

On a different note, I find it funny (and rather telling) that the Camilla thread has garnered over 28 pages, whist Charles measures up at... 2. He's just never going to be as interesting as his wives, is he?

Royal women always get more press than royal men. Also I think a lot of what Charles does is more "boring" and would sell less papers. IMO. We know he works a lot, so it's not because he's talking to plants at home we don't see him Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: