Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plants and flowers named after royals  (Read 15535 times)
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2017, 03:34:10 AM »

The Yorkshire Princess Rose was named for Princess Mary, the daughter of King George V and Queen Mary of England.      

blog.countrygardenroses.co.uk/tag/yorkshire      

Don't mean this in a disrespectful fashion but that was painful. The url provided is not valid. I went to the site and searched numerous different ways and the correct one is not there. Then I did a general google search and found what it is and what it looks like. For those interested, I've included the correct information below...

From the Harewood Organization Site:
We are introducing the new rose called "Yorkshire Princess", dedicated to HRH the Princess Mary, Princess Royal, who lived here at Harewood for more than 30 years, to coincide with our Royal Harewood exhibition in this Diamond Jubilee year.

The details: Rosa "Yorkshire Princess"  parentage Nice 'n' Easy x Regensberg; breeder Colin Dickson, Dickson Nurseries, Co Down; patio/groundcover; hybridised in 2005; blooms in clusters, white with hint of Orient pink; slight sweet scent; height 66cm, spread 65cm; flowers continuously throughout the summer.

Yorkshire Princess (Dicmouse)

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 08:51:40 PM »

Wasn't there talk of dedicating the Amorphophallus to Mary? And then it came to nothing when protest from Great Britain came in stating that the plant should rather be dedicated to William?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Mamie

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 05:54:54 AM »

"Princess Marie" Rose - 2010

Princess Marie
Large-flowered, Lake Colour, Large double flowers, Mediterranean fragrance, height 100-150 cm

"Princess Marie" Tulip - 2014

Marie's tulips are to die for. They are so gorgeous.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: