Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RD travel agency  (Read 13356 times)
Marieke

Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2018, 06:03:57 PM »

Hello royaldishers,

We are hoping to go to London in a few weeks.  After reading online what are the popular places to visit( the Tower, London Eye,  Big Ben,...)I wanted to ask people here who have visited London/live there/ .. what really to include in a 3-day visit ? And what is not worth the money, time...?  Places that are free or with a nice view are welcome too. Are there also people who know some nice , not too expensive and if they are halal even better, places to eat ( a good meal, a nice piece of cake,...)?

Thank in advance!
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »

As a tourist we loved the British Museum and the Tower of London. 
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »

Tate Modern is an all day must see in my opinion.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
jolene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »

We were there a few weeks ago. We did KP, Tower, and Windsor as far as big landmarks go. I've heard The Eye is overrated, but haven't ridden in it. If you want to see any of the sights like KP, etc, I recommend going online and buying tickets ahead of time. We did that and it was so easy. It especially made Windsor easier. As far as accommodation, we rented a flat via HomeAway and stayed in Bloomsbury. Loved it. Cheaper than a hotel and you have your own kitchen, living, and dining areas. If you're getting around via the tube and have anyone under 18, you can get a discounted Oyster Card for them. Right now Big Ben's tower is covered in scaffolding.

Two years ago we did mostly Scotland. If you are headed there at all, I have some recommendations.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »

National Portrait and V&A were my favorite places to go at a rainy day..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2018, 07:00:20 PM »

From a tourist point of view, what I found definitely NOT worth seeing was Madame Tussauds.

What fascinated me was the Tube. No, really. They have some moving stairways which are like triple the length of what we call "normal" in Germany. That was simply impressive as in "never seen before" and an experience to use them.

And I loved the Pub scene. I mean these really old, really plushy small pubs which look like auntie Bess' living room. To have a cider or a beer there, with only locals and no tourists in was also an experience.

Nice to see: Leadenhall Market (it was a filming Location for Harry Potter movies).

If you are interested in historic fashion: Victoria & Albert Museum.
Lady Liebe

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »

Question specifically for dishers in OZ, and those that live or have traveled n Africa. We will be traveling to Africa next year and I am presently researching insect repellants. I've come across a product called RID which is supposed to be really great, even against Tsetse flies. Anyone have any comments on this product, and other suggestions for insect repellants for Africa?  Thanks!
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:30 AM »

The best repellent I've ever came across is OFF overtime.
Get that always in the Philippines when I'm there, and it worked all over the world in the tropics, as well as in South Africa this year. Never had a single bite.

Admittedly, it obviously works because of some ingredients forbidden in Europe,
which is why we have only Autan and stuff here which doesn't bother any tropical fly ...

There's also a sensitive version available, smells a bit better.
Seems as if it's possible to get it via Amazon, too.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »

Couple of suggestions:  many game parks pass out wipes impregnated with nothing more serious than citronella and guess what, they work!  The real secret with the tsetse is to not wear anything blue or black.  Khaki, olive green, even off white works, but if you are in tsetse country, leave the blue stuff in your suitcase.  Seriously!

And now my own RSA question ... Noodle ...?  Is Freshly Ground still a big deal in RSA.  I adore their music, and Zolani is amazing!

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »

I remember my very first time in SA: I usually buy repellents locally since (at least I hope) the mix has been specifically made for the insects there (Kaiserin is totally right: any US mosquito is more likely to die of a laughter-attack than be repelled by any of the "please, would you go away" reminders that are available in eg. Germany).
 So when we asked at the local drugstore we encountered a deadpan comedian who for about 10 min tried to convince us, that we were in a nature reserve and all animals big and small were protected by law, the repelling of an animal even a mosquito out of her natural habitat would be against the law. As a protection for us, he suggested leather clothes in the evening (temps in the 90s) and simply shooshing them away. He was hilarious.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2018, 10:52:32 AM »

last year we had a green bugs invasion and we found those nasty insects in our houses.
in order to be green and politically correct enough, our local health's office suggested us to tenderly ,carefully catch them with some kitchen's paper,then reales them en plen air (we were all complaining the insects entered our houses and camped on curtains,they loved  curtains!)

i don't know how it ended,as this summer there are zero green bugs around,so i wonder if our health office catched them with scottex paper during the winter,realising them in a near province,or just poisoned them......

anyway back to mosquitos: terrible invasions over here with already 3 dead for west nile!!!!!
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2018, 11:54:53 AM »

last year we had a green bugs invasion and we found those nasty insects in our houses.
in order to be green and politically correct enough, our local health's office suggested us to tenderly ,carefully catch them with some kitchen's paper,then reales them en plen air (we were all complaining the insects entered our houses and camped on curtains,they loved  curtains!)

i don't know how it ended,as this summer there are zero green bugs around,so i wonder if our health office catched them with scottex paper during the winter,realising them in a near province,or just poisoned them......

anyway back to mosquitos: terrible invasions over here with already 3 dead for west nile!!!!!
We have 3 deaths as well.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »

Hello Dishers! I am visiting NYC soon, for the first time! I'm super exited because it is one of my Top 3 places to visit in my travel bucket list. Any tips about the city: places to avoid, the must see places, nice eating stops? We already have our

I am going with a friend and we are planning our days there. We are staying in a hotel in Midtown, near Times Square and we will also visit Niagara Falls before returning Cute
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:59:04 PM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »

Ciao Thistle,how wonderful you are going to NY!!!!!

i like NY so much,who wouldn't??? and i think that on your 1st time you must feel free to do and see all the classic "touristic places" because if they are so famous is because they are worthy!!!!

on my first n.y. experience i didn't felt such a weirdo when i "climbed" up the empire state building or did the classic ferry trip around manatthan,even if at that time the family who hosted me (it was a student exchange) thought it was super cheesy!!!!

later,i explored more quirky,hidden places,towns nearby,towns not that nearby,but for your first time i'd say .....first things first!!!!!!

you will enjoy so much your travel!!!!!!!✈️❤️ciao
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2018, 01:53:04 PM »

Me?  They loved me???  Aw, shucks!

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: