Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 717328 times)
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2550 on: May 28, 2022, 09:30:06 PM »

I did not want to stand up for him - I despise his actions as well, but I believe it was an arranged marriage. He proved that he was not worth to be king in his later years at least. But I don't think he is happy where he lives (not that he deserves happiness I should add).
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2551 on: May 28, 2022, 09:54:19 PM »

I did not want to stand up for him - I despise his actions as well, but I believe it was an arranged marriage. He proved that he was not worth to be king in his later years at least. But I don't think he is happy where he lives (not that he deserves happiness I should add).

I didn't mean to sound like I was responding to your understanding of an old man in a difficult situation, not at all. And I agree 100% it was an arranged marriage and they both made the best of it in the beginning. No matter what, he brought Spain out of a very difficult period.

He just never knew when to rein that ego of his in and thought he was above the law. The law is now showing him otherwise. It is sad, I'm sure his family misses him as much if not more than he misses them.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2552 on: July 18, 2022, 07:22:52 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....Brits-gunman-stabbed.html

Elena's son Froilán de Marichalar, the nephew of the Spanish King Felipe VI, who was celebrating his 24th birthday when a gunman opened fired in a night club.  He was not injured

"Four people have been shot in a Marbella nightclub after a gunman went on a rampage on the crowded dancefloor.

The shootings took place in the early hours of this morning at Opium Beach Club, a club popular with British tourists in the Spanish holiday hotspot."

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2553 on: July 18, 2022, 10:13:06 PM »

Wow, that is scary. Glad he is okay, but very sad for the people who lost their lives.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2554 on: July 19, 2022, 08:17:29 AM »

Elena's son Froilán de Marichalar, the nephew of the Spanish King Felipe VI, who was celebrating his 24th birthday when a gunman opened fired in a night club.  He was not injured

"Four people have been shot in a Marbella nightclub after a gunman went on a rampage on the crowded dancefloor.

The shootings took place in the early hours of this morning at Opium Beach Club, a club popular with British tourists in the Spanish holiday hotspot."

Wow, glad that he survived, but sad for the ones who lost their lives
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2555 on: July 19, 2022, 10:54:47 AM »

Luckily,no one was killed.
I must admit I feel a tiny little bit sorry for Froilán. He has been very discreet and out of the focus lately, so it is a pity his birthday celebration turned out that way.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2556 on: July 19, 2022, 11:35:24 AM »

I must admit I feel a tiny little bit sorry for Froilán. He has been very discreet and out of the focus lately, so it is a pity his birthday celebration turned out that way.

He was lucky.... I don’t think he is due any more sympathy than anyone else.... he has access to a lot of money and privileges due to who he is .... does he have a real job and actually pay his expenses on his own?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2557 on: July 19, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »

Wow, glad that he survived, but sad for the ones who lost their lives

Correction sad for the victims
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2558 on: July 20, 2022, 04:03:28 AM »

He was lucky.... I don’t think he is due any more sympathy than anyone else.... he has access to a lot of money and privileges due to who he is .... does he have a real job and actually pay his expenses on his own?

He is 24, just graduated from college this summer. He had intern jobs before, not sure what his real job is, but I have no double he will be able to get a good job easily through his grandpa JC's connection.  It seems Elena walked out of the marriage not asking for any alimony or child support, both Froilan and VF pretty much lived on grandpa JC all these years.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2559 on: July 20, 2022, 12:26:48 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/buitenl...lagen-uit-ziekenhuis.html

Loosely translated as:

Dutch suspect shooting in Marbella club released from hospital

The Dutch main suspect in the case of a shooting in a disco in Marbella has been released from hospital, according to local media. He was stabbed during the shooting, which took place in the night from Sunday to Monday. He has been handed over to the police.

According to Spanish media, the man was the only one who fired a firearm. The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced this week that two Dutch people have been arrested in this case.

The gunman, according to media reports, pulled a firearm when he was attacked with a knife. He found four bystanders who also had to be taken to hospital. Two are still there, including a 32-year-old Irish woman in very serious condition.

The shooting attracted extra attention because a cousin of King Felipe VI, Froilán de Marichalar y Borbón, was celebrating his 24th birthday there.

The shooting was sparked by a fight

In the investigation, the police uses, among other things, images from surveillance cameras and images made by those present. According to Spanish media, the shooter belonged to a group that sat at a VIP table of 5,000 euros in Beach Club Opium.

An argument broke out with people at another table. Guards then removed one of the brawlers, but he is said to have returned a short time later with a knife. He injured the Dutchman in the head, among other things. The shooter would not have hit the man who attacked him. He ran off and is wanted by the police, the newspaper Sur writes.

Local media believe an altercation between drug gang members led to the shooting.

Marbella was a tiny seaside town when it started to develop into a hot spot for the international jet set in the 1940s and 1950s. It's still a much-loved and chic beach town, but according to a police officer, "almost every major criminal gang in the world is there in some way."
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: