Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 520078 times)
Curtains

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2175 on: January 10, 2020, 02:58:34 AM »

Juan Carlos is 82 today. I haven’t seen much coverage of him since he retired, but he doesn’t appear to be in good health.

Yes I saw that too. I don’t care about him very much, but happy birthday anyway.

From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/sandy.../1214047127266942976?s=21

I stopped a drunk man from entering the sailing docks at the yacht club and it turned out he was the King of Spain

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2176 on: January 10, 2020, 10:21:05 AM »

Juan Carlos is 82 today. I haven’t seen much coverage of him since he retired, but he doesn’t appear to be in good health.

Yes I saw that too. I don’t care about him very much, but happy birthday anyway.

From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/sandy.../1214047127266942976?s=21

I stopped a drunk man from entering the sailing docks at the yacht club and it turned out he was the King of Spain

Laugh bounce
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2177 on: January 17, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »

Answer to dKaren, Duchess of Badajoz thread:

I would say the three siblings have had a very close relationship,especially in the last few years. Both JC and Pilar cared a lot about their younger sister.

About K JC

Let's not forget  JC's childhood: as a young boy he was sent from exile to his own country as a pawn  for his father to become the king  and so win the match .He deserves some merit for the good things he did. He made many mistakes,true, but it is a pity his reign will forever be overshadowed by , mainly, his private "errors of judgement" , as  indefensible as they may be.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2178 on: January 18, 2020, 08:11:05 PM »

Answer to dKaren, Duchess of Badajoz thread:

I would say the three siblings have had a very close relationship,especially in the last few years. Both JC and Pilar cared a lot about their younger sister.

About K JC

Let's not forget  JC's childhood: as a young boy he was sent from exile to his own country as a pawn  for his father to become the king  and so win the match .He deserves some merit for the good things he did. He made many mistakes,true, but it is a pity his reign will forever be overshadowed by , mainly, his private "errors of judgement" , as  indefensible as they may be.

Maybe that was true decades ago, but IMO the latter part of his reign will be characterized by his multiple abuses of his power and the public trust.  Rightly or wrongly, his earlier achievements will be overshadowed by his character flaws.

Poor Felipe got handed a very bad situation, both from his father and his sister, and the fact that he turned it around so quickly is a testament to him.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2179 on: February 26, 2020, 04:46:48 PM »

February 25, Queen Sofia attended the 'Inigo Alvarez de Toledo' awards ceremony held at the Residencia de Estudiantes in Madrid. The Queen chaired the meeting of the Fundación Renal Board of Trustees and presented a total of 20 awards for work in three classes of research: basic, clinical and nephrology nursing. These awards have been held for over thirty years and aim to promote kidney research in Spain.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2180 on: February 27, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »

February 26, 2020, former Queen Sofía of Spain attended the award ceremony of the Ibero-American Patronage Awards of the Callia Foundation. This year, Esther Koplowitz, businesswoman and Phillippe de Montebello, president of the Hispanic Society of America, were deemed worthy of the award. The award ceremony took place at the Real Academia de Bellas Artes in Madrid.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2181 on: February 27, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »

Sofia is still a very good looking elegant woman. I don't think she will ever come over the fact that she's not the Queen anymore.

But lately she seems to have accepted her reduced role a bit more (or was forced to).
SQ

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2182 on: March 06, 2020, 04:05:28 AM »

https://www.telegraph.co....-private-jets-foundation/

Former Spanish king Juan Carlos was flown around the world on private jets using a fund that is being investigated by Swiss authorities.

Juan Carlos, who abdicated under a cloud of bad publicity in 2014, jetted to the Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi and the Dominican Republic using money earned by his cousin for the disastrous sale of a Spanish bank to Barclays.

Details of the flights raise further questions about the origins of the king's extraordinary wealth and the role of his cousin in a series of high profile business deals struck when the king was on the throne.

According to the documents seen by The Telegraph, Juan Carlos spent five million Euros on private jet flights over three-year period between 2016 and 2019.

The bill for all the flights was paid by Fondation Zagatka, a Liechtenstein-based fund whose sole beneficiary is the former king’s cousin, Álvaro d’Orleans-Borbón.

Mr d’Orleans-Borbón, a 73-year-old resident of Monaco who is a distant cousin of Juan Carlos, admitted to the Spanish newspaper El País on Monday that he had paid for “many flights” used by the former Spanish king.

Mr d’Orleans-Borbón said he had paid for the flights “because I thought of it as part of a family tradition”.

The foundation’s Swiss account is part of an ongoing probe by a Swiss court into the financial activities of the ex-monarch’s associates, including allegations the king was involved in kickbacks for state rail contracts in Saudi Arabia.

The investigation began after Spanish media outlets published a leaked audio recording in which Juan Carlos’s former lover, Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, claimed that Mr Canonica was attempting to persuade her to sign over property given to her by Juan Carlos to Mr d’Orleans-Borbón.

“They are making war on me”, she can he heard saying on the tape. 

Mr Canonica declined to comment on the claims.

Ms zu Sayn-Wittgenstein is now planning to sue Juan Carlos and members of Spain’s intelligence service.

The former king’s relationship with Ms zu Sayn-Wittgenstein became common knowledge when it was leaked to the press that she had also been a member of the Botswana party, although the German-born businesswoman has since said they had ceased to be lovers by that point.

In that same year, however, it emerged that Juan Carlos made a payment of €65 million (£56 million) to Ms zu Sayn-Wittgenstein in 2012, emptying an account at the Swiss private bank Mirabaud held by a Panama-based foundation named Lucum, of which the former Spanish king was the principle beneficiary.

This lavish gift led to Ms zu Sayn-Wittgenstein becoming embroiled in Mr Bertossa's investigation, which is also examining the Fondation Zagatka accounts.

One of the allegations Mr Bertossa is looking into is that Juan Carlos and other high-level intermediaries received commission from companies involved in a consortium that in 2011 won a €6.74 billion contract to build a high-speed rail project using Spanish AVE trains in Saudi Arabia.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2183 on: March 06, 2020, 07:08:00 PM »

March 5, 2020, Queen Sofia attended the 55th Reina Sofia Painting and Sculpture Award ceremony at Casa de Vacas in Madrid. The Queen presented the award to this year's winner, Manuel Díaz Mere for his portrait "Lucía componiendo". The Queen then visited the exhibition and met with the artists. The award ceremony was organized by the Spanish Association of Painters and Sculptors, in collaboration with Google.

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2184 on: March 18, 2020, 03:34:57 PM »

If they were still married, today would have been Elena and Jamie’s silver wedding. How time flies.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2185 on: April 15, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »

Infanta Elena singing along with friends  "Resistiré"  (I Will Resist)

https://youtu.be/y3bAsdrgcBI
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: