Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Felipe VI News  (Read 534257 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2025 on: May 11, 2021, 04:19:58 PM »

Iíve had the impression that Spain and Belgium are hanging on by a thread and that frivolity or entitlement attitudes will not go over well in either country. Of all the royals, Filipe/Philippe takes their jobs seriously and work to earn their positions. Indeed, have a way of uniting their sometimes fractious countries.

The other royals in Europe seem to, maybe rightly, take their positions for granted, or donít worry too much about some optics, and carry on, secure in the knowledge that their monarchies are solid with a majority of goodwill or donít care enough from the people.

I knew about Spain, but not Belgium.  But yes, there are many monarchies more corrupt and worthy of a heavy side eye *coughThailandcough*

This is a great observation. They work hard to prove that their position has some sort of value and worth in their countries, and it shows. Felipe also seems to me like someone who wouldíve gone places without being born into royalty, but he takes his role  very seriously and understands the duty heís been entrusted with.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2026 on: May 11, 2021, 04:26:51 PM »

Iíve had the impression that Spain and Belgium are hanging on by a thread and that frivolity or entitlement attitudes will not go over well in either country. Of all the royals, Filipe/Philippe takes their jobs seriously and work to earn their positions. Indeed, have a way of uniting their sometimes fractious countries.

The other royals in Europe seem to, maybe rightly, take their positions for granted, or donít worry too much about some optics, and carry on, secure in the knowledge that their monarchies are solid with a majority of goodwill or donít care enough from the people.

This is a great observation. They work hard to prove that their position has some sort of value and worth in their countries, and it shows. Felipe also seems to me like someone who wouldíve gone places without being born into royalty, but he takes his role  very seriously and understands the duty heís been entrusted with.

ITA, I think Felipe does it perfectly. I like that he has a law degree, foreign service degree, he has studied in other countries (Canada and US), and even without being King, he would be a successful person.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2027 on: May 12, 2021, 05:35:09 AM »

Filipe is the epitome of grace under pressure. Look how his family scandals have not seemed to touch him. His sister, his father. Itís like he has handled himself impeccably.

At some level, it must be very sad for him. His father, so respected for so long after Franco, in exile for corruption, his sister and her husband too. I have no idea what their family dynamics are, but he and his wife and daughters are a class act.

If he were also to be embroiled in a scandal wherein the Spanish people felt wronged or abused, I think they would not hesitate to overthrow the monarchy.

He seems to have an impeccable moral compass and chose a great spouse.

The British, on the other hand, have no end of tolerance for what their royals may do and get away with. The BRF are luckier than they know.

As for Belgium, one thing consistently holding the country together, Flemish and French/wallonian, is their Catholic faith.

Filipe and Haakon are the handsomest  royals to me, with Fred of yesteryear not far behind. But for the win, Filipe is the truly smart one.
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2028 on: May 13, 2021, 09:01:52 PM »

King Felipe presides the recognition ceremony for personnel participating in missions in Afghanistan

@CasaReal

lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2029 on: May 13, 2021, 09:02:08 PM »

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2030 on: May 13, 2021, 11:41:51 PM »

Filipe is the epitome of grace under pressure. Look how his family scandals have not seemed to touch him. His sister, his father. Itís like he has handled himself impeccably.

At some level, it must be very sad for him. His father, so respected for so long after Franco, in exile for corruption, his sister and her husband too. I have no idea what their family dynamics are, but he and his wife and daughters are a class act.

If he were also to be embroiled in a scandal wherein the Spanish people felt wronged or abused, I think they would not hesitate to overthrow the monarchy.

The British, on the other hand, have no end of tolerance for what their royals may do and get away with. The BRF are luckier than they know.

As for Belgium, one thing consistently holding the country together, Flemish and French/wallonian, is their Catholic faith.

Filipe and Haakon are the handsomest  royals to me, with Fred of yesteryear not far behind. But for the win, Filipe is the truly smart one.

Agree 100%  Thumb up
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2031 on: May 14, 2021, 12:25:08 AM »

The red passage is the only one in your post I disagree on. Wallonians are catholic, flemish are protestants...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2032 on: May 14, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »

The red passage is the only one in your post I disagree on. Wallonians are catholic, flemish are protestants...

Fairy, this may be way off topic or inappropriate and if so, ignore me and I'll delete it!  I'm curious as to how well the two religions get along in Belgium; is it peaceful coexistence like in many countries, or is there tension/distrust?  Is it a problem for the Flemish that the King is Catholic, or is it no big deal?

Just curious; I love learning things like this!  Smiley
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2033 on: May 14, 2021, 01:40:43 AM »

Are you sure? I thought the Belgian Flemish are Catholics. But not the Dutch in the Netherlands. If the majority of the Flemish are, indeed, Protestant, whoa nelly, I've been wrong for years. *must research*
rentaroyal

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2034 on: May 14, 2021, 03:22:57 AM »

Are you sure? I thought the Belgian Flemish are Catholics. But not the Dutch in the Netherlands. If the majority of the Flemish are, indeed, Protestant, whoa nelly, I've been wrong for years. *must research*

The Dutch are largely Protestant, but there is a significant Catholic population there too, and it's technically the largest religion by membership in the Netherlands today. I remember being surprised to hear from a former colleague that the border with Belgium is heavily Catholic, to the point where they hold huge carnival processions before Lent. Belgium is a majority Catholic country - per Wiki, some 75% of the Flemish are baptized Catholic, so Paulina, you are correct.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2035 on: May 14, 2021, 01:14:02 PM »

I stand corrected. And am very surprised....
I thought that some of the problems between the two were the differences in religion and language and thus culture...
Interesting....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
rentaroyal

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2036 on: May 14, 2021, 02:54:13 PM »

I stand corrected. And am very surprised....
I thought that some of the problems between the two were the differences in religion and language and thus culture...
Interesting....

I think it's a conflict of ethnonationalist identities, language and inequalities in terms of jobs, wealth, etc. Maybe it's a small mercy that religion doesn't always play into it. But the switch is very stark - having traveled from the Brussels region into Flanders on the train, as soon as you're properly in Flemish territory, the French VANISHES.
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2037 on: May 20, 2021, 01:20:04 PM »

Delivery of Royal Offices of the new Embassy Secretaries

@CasaReal

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2038 on: May 20, 2021, 11:26:09 PM »

Delivery of Royal Offices of the new Embassy Secretaries

@CasaReal

I like the portraits of Felipe & Letizia in this hall.  And this woman in ivory is gorgeous; I thought she was Leti at first glance!
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2039 on: May 23, 2021, 11:53:30 PM »

King Felipe, in Quito to attend the Presidential Command Transmission of the President Elect of Ecuador, Guillermo Lasso Mendoza

@CasaReal

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: