Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 156   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Felipe VI News  (Read 656089 times)
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »

That afternoon (July 17) he received the permanent Ambassadors to the UN at Zarzuela Palace in audience:

On July 18 he chaired a deliberative Minister Council (Cabinet meeting) at Zarzuela:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMC6rMVPZUc

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2014, 03:22:39 AM »

Wow, I never thought a figurehead would chair a cabinet meeting! Do all monarchs do this or just Spanish king?  Thinking

Felipe looks great. He looks every inch the head of state.  Thumb up
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »

Is he a tall cool drink of water or what? Swoon.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

Wow, I never thought a figurehead would chair a cabinet meeting! Do all monarchs do this or just Spanish king?  Thinking
T
Felipe looks great. He looks every inch the head of state.  Thumb up

It depends on the country, I think. This is also a deliberative meeting, where they discuss the issues and update and inform the King on the government's actions and policies but no executive decisions are taken.

Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:42 AM »

Sorry for the comparison, but a thought came to my mind.  Put Fred in Felipe's place and what do you have ? 
marinerito

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Yo nací en mala luna

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »

T

It depends on the country, I think. This is also a deliberative meeting, where they discuss the issues and update and inform the King on the government's actions and policies but no executive decisions are taken.

In Spain, this is also an exceptional occasion: the king does not ordinarily take part on these meetings, he can only attend when the prime minister invites him. Then, if he decides to accept (he can decline, JC declined at least one time that I remember), the king will chair the meeting. 
In 39 years, JC chaired little more than a dozen cabinet meetings, and I would expect it to be equally rare for Felipe.

There never was an apple, in Adam's opinion, that wasn't worth the trouble you got into for eating it.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »

T

In Spain, this is also an exceptional occasion: the king does not ordinarily take part on these meetings, he can only attend when the prime minister invites him. Then, if he decides to accept (he can decline, JC declined at least one time that I remember), the king will chair the meeting. 
In 39 years, JC chaired little more than a dozen cabinet meetings, and I would expect it to be equally rare for Felipe.

Indeed, this usually happens once or twice with each PM, but it's up to the PM (and the King to accept) and of course the circumstances. In this case it made sense getting the new King up to date.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »

July 24: Audience to Mr. Guy Ryder, Director-General of the International Labour Organisation (ILO)

Two years ago Felipe spoke at the 101st Session of the International Labour Conference in Geneva.

marinerito

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Yo nací en mala luna

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »

According to ABC and El Mundo, Felipe has introduced some very interesting -and needed- changes in the way the SRH will be managed:

https://translate.google....ditoria-201407281314.html

https://translate.google....356c22601d162e8b4591.html

Those are steps in the right direction IMO  Thumb up

There never was an apple, in Adam's opinion, that wasn't worth the trouble you got into for eating it.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »

Thanks for the articles. I agree. These are steps necessary to bring the monarchy to the 21th century. But this also means little Sofia can't take a job and build an independent career in the future. I feel sorry for her.
marinerito

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Yo nací en mala luna

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:03 PM »

Thanks for the articles. I agree. These are steps necessary to bring the monarchy to the 21th century. But this also means little Sofia can't take a job and build an independent career in the future. I feel sorry for her.
I suspect she could, probably, but I would expect that she would need to renounce her rights to succession, for herself and her descendants. She will have to choose, but I think that's fair: you can't have your cake and eat it too.  Wink

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »

She could have a career similar to her aunts (working for a non-profit organisation) or in the public sector (civil servant or military). If she wants to pursue a career in another field (something that won't happen in at least 20 years) she would have to leave the Royal Family.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:19 PM »

Felipe is trying to prevent another Cristina fiasco. I think royal "work" for a non-heir is very limited and unfulfilling. I'm sorry for Sofia because if she has drive and talent to make a big contribution to society in the private sector (e.g. being a doctor or inventor) she can't do it without leaving the royal house. The SRF is not very rich and Sofia won't inherit much, but she also can't earn her own wealth. She will have to marry money. I think that's really moving backwards.

To prevent another Cristina, the thing to do is to raise Sofia with the right set of values - not to remove her ability to become an independent and successful woman in her own right.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »

I think that was the right decision  Champagne
Bye bye Cristina  Lolipop

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
jtmh

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:36 PM »

Felipe is trying to prevent another Cristina fiasco. I think royal "work" for a non-heir is very limited and unfulfilling. I'm sorry for Sofia because if she has drive and talent to make a big contribution to society in the private sector (e.g. being a doctor or inventor) she can't do it without leaving the royal house. The SRF is not very rich and Sofia won't inherit much, but she also can't earn her own wealth. She will have to marry money. I think that's really moving backwards.

To prevent another Cristina, the thing to do is to raise Sofia with the right set of values - not to remove her ability to become an independent and successful woman in her own right.

I agree.

Spare's life is, in many ways, more difficult than heir's.  At least the heirs get whatever wealth the royal house has. The spare has to marry it or risk being another Cristina. 

If Leo, God forbid, has no children, or only has one child, Sofia would not be able to risk renouncing her "rights" in order to pursue her life ambitions. It would be her duty to provide ample "spares".

Also, what about the spouse? Can he be a businessman? If yes, then there is a risk of influence-peddling by him!  So, if she cannot marry a businessman, her choices are further limited.

It is going to be hard
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 156   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: